LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 254 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Grrr..Brock missed an open receiver...Grrr
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What was the dumb mistake? Did he miss that open TD? Did he miss the tackle on the ST? Did he miss the FG?

Acting like you have a clue on what plays he missed without any actual context or film to back it up is the lazy nonsense that fills up this forum.

You act no HC makes a bad call outside of Kyle. Hypocrite behavior when you can't acknowledge a massively BLOWN play that would have won the game.

The big one yesterday was not QB sneaking when it works every time against them. I saw the distance and thought "okay good we can just sneak it"……but of course not. Kyles too smart for that. Things like that don't always come back to bite him, but I still notice
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
The big one yesterday was not QB sneaking when it works every time against them. I saw the distance and thought "okay good we can just sneak it"……but of course not. Kyles too smart for that. Things like that don't always come back to bite him, but I still notice

They had run two qb sneaks already on that possession. One which came up short and was nearly fumbled away (Brock ended up being down).

I understand the idea to want to sneak in that spot, but handing a ball off to Jordan Mason isn't an egregious playcalling mistep. And they still successfully made it a two score game with the made field goal.

Yesterday's loss is primarily on the defense, even with missed opportunities on O (drops mainly).
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

They had run two qb sneaks already on that possession. One which came up short and was nearly fumbled away (Brock ended up being down).

I understand the idea to want to sneak in that spot, but handing a ball off to Jordan Mason isn't an egregious playcalling mistep. And they still successfully made it a two score game with the made field goal.

Yesterday's loss is primarily on the defense, even with missed opportunities on O (drops mainly).

Great post. Totally agree.

Well I was pissed off about it. I would've done the exact same thing again. 1 or 2 sneaks and it's game. Instead he brings the threat of pass off the field. Had Willis lead block (who we saw get blown up all preseason) and lost 2 yards. I was losing it
Not that it makes any difference but Colin Cowherd finally came over to Purdy's corner after the game yesterday. He admits that he's more fluid than he thought and a perfect fit for an offense like this that demands quick decisions and accuracy.

What play? When
Originally posted by Koldo:
Grrr..Brock missed an open receiver...Grrr

it was a pretty important play, no? Also no one is blaming Brock for the loss…dude played very well
Originally posted by Montana:

amazing. it's Super BCB

What play? When

3rd to last offensive possession we had (the last time we scored).

3rd and 1 handoff to Mason that was stuffed for a one yard loss. Kicked the field goal on 4th to expand the lead to 10.
Well I was pissed off about it. I would've done the exact same thing again. 1 or 2 sneaks and it's game. Instead he brings the threat of pass off the field. Had Willis lead block (who we saw get blown up all preseason) and lost 2 yards. I was losing it

And if he sneak it didn't get it and didn't get the 3pts you'd be mad all the same.
3rd to last offensive possession we had (the last time we scored).

3rd and 1 handoff to Mason that was stuffed for a one yard loss. Kicked the field goal on 4th to expand the lead to 10.

So he's talking about sneaking it twice in a row and if they come away with zero pts there…he's pissed all the same lol.
So he's talking about sneaking it twice in a row and if they come away with zero pts there…he's pissed all the same lol.

I pointed out to him that we had already ran the sneak twice (in a row) earlier during the possession.

We could have ran the sneak again, but handing off to a powerful runner like Mason is a fine play call… it just didn't work.

Brock is a human being, and a smaller QB. It's not necessarily ideal to have him* continually go into a pile with much larger dudes trying to take his head off.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Sep 23, 2024 at 2:01 PM ]
I pointed out to him that we had already ran the sneak twice (in a row) earlier during the possession.

We could have ran the sneak again, but handing off to a powerful runner like Mason is a fine play call… it just didn't work.

Brock is a human being, and a smaller QB. It's not necessarily ideal to have him* continually go into a pile with much larger dudes trying to take his head off.

Totally agree….my god imagine if Brock got hurt and Kyle never tried to hand the ball off to Mason
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 23, 2024 at 2:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone