LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 163 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Brock deserves a lot of heat for not pulling the trigger on that BA throw. If you want to be an elite QB you've got to make that throw.

He made a safe decision. Maybe next time he should trust BA on making a WR decision to change his route,got vertical. Brock trusting BA's reading the coverage bust correctly, and just throw the ball. I think Brock should. Not like BA is a rookie or doofus like Bell
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 23, 2024 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Brock deserves a lot of heat for not pulling the trigger on that BA throw. If you want to be an elite QB you've got to make that throw.

Stafford flat out missed a TD earlier on a deep shot.

It happens.

He played a great game.

But Stafford won so was perfect, while Brock lost and was a total loser who should be cut. That's the NFL in 2024.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Still sucks because he didn't throw it to Aiyuk this one time. Idolizes that loser Marino. Got married and now has less mojo due to sex. We should trade him to the Chiefs to be Mahomes' backup before it's too late. Otherwise we're going 1-16 with this idiot.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 23, 2024 at 8:57 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

Still sucks because he didn't throw it to Aiyuk this one time. Idolizes that loser Marino. Got married and now has less mojo due to sex. We should trade him to the Chiefs to be Mahomes' backup before it's too late. Otherwise we're going 1-16 with this idiot.

You forgot he's short and has bottom 5 arm talent.
Actually he doesn't but carry on.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Actually he doesn't but carry on.

Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers miss some like that. If you drop back 50 times. Just clueless people.
Need that gif of Homer Simpson retreating into the bushes for these Purdy haters lol.

we're starting this sh** again?
Originally posted by random49er:
Need that gif of Homer Simpson retreating into the bushes for these Purdy haters lol.

we're starting this sh** again?

Who's a Brock hater anyway?
I've seen Rodgers make the same mistake. I think outside of that one play, Brock was near perfection.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
The criticism on Brock is way out there. Brock plays the Vikings and has a pretty good game keeps the team in it and on Monday on the national media they talk about how Brock was lacking here and there in the game. Stroud (not that I think Stroud is a bad QB) has a terrible game against the same Viking team and its crickets in the national media.
Has a great game against the Rams and well he could have done this or he could have done that.

Originally posted by bud49:
The criticism on Brock is way out there. Brock plays the Vikings and has a pretty good game keeps the team in it and on Monday on the national media they talk about how Brock was lacking here and there in the game. Stroud (not that I think Stroud is a bad QB) has a terrible game against the same Viking team and its crickets in the national media.
Has a great game against the Rams and well he could have done this or he could have done that.

It's been like this ever since Purdy stepped foot on the field the first time against the Dolphins.

The national media has a LOT of NFL front office connections and mouth pieces, and they're all telling the national media to constantly gaslight everyone into thinking that Purdy actually sucks. Passing on Purdy for an entire draft would make ~28 teams look stupid otherwise. Passing on Stroud only makes the Panthers look stupid, and they're dead-weight to the league.

Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever but it's really not that far-fetched when you think about it.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 24, 2024 at 5:24 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He made a safe decision. Maybe next time he should trust BA on making a WR decision to change his route,got vertical. Brock trusting BA's reading the coverage bust correctly, and just throw the ball. I think Brock should. Not like BA is a rookie or doofus like Bell

Brock is ballingl within Kyle's too stiff structure. He has by far the most 110 passer rating games since 2022, in the league. You're not going to hit every busted coverage play, but Kyle has now blown through all 9 lives all ready with this defense. Brock is gonna have to launch it on more of those broken plays to try to hit 30+ ppg that were going to need. Brock has been like the best qb in the game since his first start.
He didn't miss the read, he turned it down. Agreed I'd like to have seen him throw that, but we don't know why he didn't. And he didn't miss it.

It's weird that the same group of you who were criticizing Purdy for being too short and not having a big arm have now pivoted to stuff like this.

First off, he is short and his arm is not in the upper echelon among the QBs in the NFL. He's also a damn good young QB who possesses other skills sets that makes him successful….BOTH things can be true.

as far as that play, why would you not want your QB you're about to pay $200M to see a busted coverage and take advantage of it? It's not like it was in the 1st QR, it was late in the game and it would have sealed the W. s**t seems to happen to us. Why can't we get one of those?

No one is saying he played poorly, he most certainly didn't. Doesn't mean he shouldn't make that play, which was f**king important. It should be okay to talk about it.

Why does criticism with context bother you so much? I go into the Shanahan thread and it's "fire him" or he's a "choker" literally no context, no nuance, no room to have an educated discussion about it. Just emotional fans reacting without answers. That's about as stale and boring as it gets for me. You don't like a play call, well explain why you didn't like it. Show what was missed. Criticism work some context should be okay.

I come in here to have discussions about football and maybe learn a little more about the sport. It's all in fun, at least it should be. No one is "pivoting" just pointing out a really important play in the game. No one hates Brock. I'm glad he's our QB.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I've seen Rodgers make the same mistake. I think outside of that one play, Brock was near perfection.

I've also seen Rogers nail that play to win games. I've seen teams beat SF because of broken coverages like that ( a lot).

Brock was not even remotely close to the reason they lost. He was f**king awesome. He also left a little meat on the bone that would have sealed the W…despite all the other faults of others around him.

One mistake in the NFL leads to a win or lose all the damn time. Sucks
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Does Brock have difficulty gripping the ball ? I noticed these past 2 weeks he's been using his towel a lot pre-snap to wipe his hands. Just wondering if he's having difficulty gripping it bc he's got a smaller frame. Maybe that's why it slips out sometimes…
Share 49ersWebzone