LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 158 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bud49:
The criticism on Brock is way out there. Brock plays the Vikings and has a pretty good game keeps the team in it and on Monday on the national media they talk about how Brock was lacking here and there in the game. Stroud (not that I think Stroud is a bad QB) has a terrible game against the same Viking team and its crickets in the national media.
Has a great game against the Rams and well he could have done this or he could have done that.

Not a single person in here is s**tting on Brock from this past game. No one. Ya'll are fishing for negativity. Did he miss a really important throw that would have won the game? Yes. Did he ball out and have this team in place to blow out LA if not for the dumbest around him? Yes.
Originally posted by captveg:
Still sucks because he didn't throw it to Aiyuk this one time. Idolizes that loser Marino. Got married and now has less mojo due to sex. We should trade him to the Chiefs to be Mahomes' backup before it's too late. Otherwise we're going 1-16 with this idiot.

Hilarious!
[ Edited by Isosceles on Sep 24, 2024 at 5:53 AM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:
Does Brock have difficulty gripping the ball ? I noticed these past 2 weeks he's been using his towel a lot pre-snap to wipe his hands. Just wondering if he's having difficulty gripping it bc he's got a smaller frame. Maybe that's why it slips out sometimes…

Oh interesting. I was thinking this may have very well been the reason he passed on that wide-open TD throw to Aiyuk -- it just didn't feel good in his hands at that moment and he didn't want to risk an interception duck. Too bad!
So regarding the missed opportunity to throw deep to Aiyuk, after hearing the explanation of a blown coverage and Aiyuk changing his route, being the 2nd read on the play, and Brock not knowing exactly where the safety is, I get why that's a tough decision.

Can't Aiyuk help him out a bit by once he's going deep and see it's open to raise his arm? Or is that too hard for Aiyuk to tell where the safety is? I feel like the QBs and WRs that have good chemistry you see that fairly often.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
So regarding the missed opportunity to throw deep to Aiyuk, after hearing the explanation of a blown coverage and Aiyuk changing his route, being the 2nd read on the play, and Brock not knowing exactly where the safety is, I get why that's a tough decision.

Can't Aiyuk help him out a bit by once he's going deep and see it's open to raise his arm? Or is that too hard for Aiyuk to tell where the safety is? I feel like the QBs and WRs that have good chemistry you see that fairly often.

Kyle said BA did the right thing by going to the hole where the broken coverage was. Plays like this are hit all the time.

also I don't see how Brock didn't see this….

he was literally staring at him and had plenty of space to step up and air that hoe out.

missed opportunity for sure. Brock was far from the reason they lost.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kyle said BA did the right thing by going to the hole where the broken coverage was. Plays like this are hit all the time.

he was literally staring at him and had plenty of space to step up and air that hoe out.

I can see it plainly, by the time BA was open Brock had moved on to the next read.

I guess when you skip the off-season trust and chemistry erodes.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Sep 24, 2024 at 6:32 AM ]
Oh ya'll mad at Purdy?

I'm mad at Bell!
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

I can see it plainly, by the time BA was open Brock had moved on to the next read.

Dude come on. Look at that 6-7 secs in. He's staring right at him.

at the 5 sec mark you see that there is no CB trailing with him. Busted coverage, you don't really throw to guys once they're open in the NFL (even though he was wide open when he was looking at him). You have to throw to a spot and let him go get it, especially a deep ball.

Brock has been throwing to BA since he got into the league. Acting like he doesn't trust him because of missing a couple months of camp is fake news. You don't lose chemistry because of missed time in camp (lamb/Chase look just fine)….Especially on a play like that when he's screaming downfield and no one is remotely close to him.

it's a missed play, plain and simple. We don't have to make excuses for it. Brock was damn near perfect outside of that one play.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 24, 2024 at 6:46 AM ]
Originally posted by xsmoothx:
Oh ya'll mad at Purdy?

I'm mad at Bell!

Who's mad at Brock? Ya'll are more sensitive than my 3 yr old daughter lol.

Brock balled out and missed one big play. Bell sucks and had no business being out there and the rest of the team let Brock down.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by bud49:
The criticism on Brock is way out there. Brock plays the Vikings and has a pretty good game keeps the team in it and on Monday on the national media they talk about how Brock was lacking here and there in the game. Stroud (not that I think Stroud is a bad QB) has a terrible game against the same Viking team and its crickets in the national media.
Has a great game against the Rams and well he could have done this or he could have done that.

It's been like this ever since Purdy stepped foot on the field the first time against the Dolphins.

The national media has a LOT of NFL front office connections and mouth pieces, and they're all telling the national media to constantly gaslight everyone into thinking that Purdy actually sucks. Passing on Purdy for an entire draft would make ~28 teams look stupid otherwise. Passing on Stroud only makes the Panthers look stupid, and they're dead-weight to the league.

Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever but it's really not that far-fetched when you think about it.

People from other teams would definitely downplay Purdy if asked about him, but he also gets hated on by his own fanbase

Before week 1 there was a Steeler video about how nobody cares about Brock Purdy. In this video he talked about multiple 9er content creators telling him that Trey Lance is 100 times the QB Brock is, but Brock listens to Kyle

A lot of people were hating on Brock like that. Those people are still pissed at how wrong they were
Originally posted by DrEll:
Does Brock have difficulty gripping the ball ? I noticed these past 2 weeks he's been using his towel a lot pre-snap to wipe his hands. Just wondering if he's having difficulty gripping it bc he's got a smaller frame. Maybe that's why it slips out sometimes…

There's QBs with his hand size that don't have this problem. I think it's the way he grips the ball. I've noticed his index finger is right on the seam, almost under it sometimes and I don't think thats too common
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Dude come on. Look at that 6-7 secs in. He's staring right at him.

at the 5 sec mark you see that there is no CB trailing with him. Busted coverage, you don't really throw to guys once they're open in the NFL (even though he was wide open when he was looking at him). You have to throw to a spot and let him go get it, especially a deep ball.

Brock has been throwing to BA since he got into the league. Acting like he doesn't trust him because of missing a couple months of camp is fake news. You don't lose chemistry because of missed time in camp (lamb/Chase look just fine)….Especially on a play like that when he's screaming downfield and no one is remotely close to him.

it's a missed play, plain and simple. We don't have to make excuses for it. Brock was damn near perfect outside of that one play.

Kyle explained it pretty plainly. The Rams busted their coverage so badly that it completely threw Purdy off. In that moment he was trying to track where the Safety was, and since he had absolutely no idea where the guy was he didn't want to chuck it right into his hands for an INT.

In other words, the coverage was so bad it was Flores level brilliant because Brock thought it was something clever he'd never seen on film before.

Hopefully he throws it up next time he sees something similar, but if he does and it's a pick 6 because he chucked it when he had no idea where the Safety was I'm gonna point right at some people in this thread.

I feel like the complaint over this play would mean more to me if we had never seen Purdy chuck it deep before. He did so in the NFC CG and got a fortunate bounce and we benefitted. He did so against Jacksonville last year. And Tampa. And Arizona. All successful plays. So when it makes sense to him he pulls the trigger. He just didn't see it for what it was this time. If only he *hadn't* seen Bell deep a little later.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 24, 2024 at 7:05 AM ]
Brock improvs with Kittle, but Kittle puts his hands up and makes it clear he's onto something

Aiyuk just looks he might be running the wrong route after missing TC. He looks like he's running a clear route more than it looks like he's improvising
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Brock deserves a lot of heat for not pulling the trigger on that BA throw. If you want to be an elite QB you've got to make that throw.

He made a safe decision. Maybe next time he should trust BA on making a WR decision to change his route,got vertical. Brock trusting BA's reading the coverage bust correctly, and just throw the ball. I think Brock should. Not like BA is a rookie or doofus like Bell

Brock is ballingl within Kyle's too stiff structure. He has by far the most 110 passer rating games since 2022, in the league. You're not going to hit every busted coverage play, but Kyle has now blown through all 9 lives all ready with this defense. Brock is gonna have to launch it on more of those broken plays to try to hit 30+ ppg that were going to need. Brock has been like the best qb in the game since his first start.

I don't disagree. I also get a sense Kyle tend to some degree stifled his QBs natural instinct at times. It's a fine line, because if he let Brock go hard, there's potential we might get a turnover machine and injuries from Brock. After 3 years, I hope Brock learned enough from Kyle to be both stiff structured and instinctive play without the turnovers. I think he showed us last game he's very capable of that. The amount of running around to trying to extend the play, it's amazing there wasn't more turnovers.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 24, 2024 at 7:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone