LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 222 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xsmoothx:
Oh ya'll mad at Purdy?

I'm mad at Bell!

I'm mad at the defense and ST. Bell shouldn't have even been out there.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I'm mad at the defense and ST. Bell shouldn't have even been out there.

He should not have been out there, agree. I was beyond frustrated. Like just why?? He has had enough chances. That catch could have gotten him out of the dog house and we would all be praising the dude and gushing over the replay lol but instead, he swats the ball away from him lol. Aiyuk has been frustrating as well. Adams looks like a complete stud rn and wondering if we should have made the trade. 30 million to not make plays lol. Just catch the dang balls lol.
Originally posted by captveg:
Kyle explained it pretty plainly. The Rams busted their coverage so badly that it completely threw Purdy off. In that moment he was trying to track where the Safety was, and since he had absolutely no idea where the guy was he didn't want to chuck it right into his hands for an INT.

In other words, the coverage was so bad it was Flores level brilliant because Brock thought it was something clever he'd never seen on film before.

Hopefully he throws it up next time he sees something similar, but if he does and it's a pick 6 because he chucked it when he had no idea where the Safety was I'm gonna point right at some people in this thread.

I feel like the complaint over this play would mean more to me if we had never seen Purdy chuck it deep before. He did so in the NFC CG and got a fortunate bounce and we benefitted. He did so against Jacksonville last year. And Tampa. And Arizona. All successful plays. So when it makes sense to him he pulls the trigger. He just didn't see it for what it was this time. If only he *hadn't* seen Bell deep a little later.

So when we have a busted coverage QBs take advantage of it…when it happens to us don't take advantage of it? The FS was legit on the other side of the field.

I'm not saying he can't do it or never has. I'm saying f**king let it rip, he was staring right at BA and the back of the field. It's a 3 man rush he had time.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Brock improvs with Kittle, but Kittle puts his hands up and makes it clear he's onto something

Aiyuk just looks he might be running the wrong route after missing TC. He looks like he's running a clear route more than it looks like he's improvising

He's running to the open space after the busted coverage like he's suppose to. He's wide f**king open. If it was a clear out route Ba would have never looked back at Brock.

it was a missed opportunity plain and simple. It wasn't the reason we lost. It would have been the reason they won…even with all the dips**t stuff the rest of the team did while Brock played well.
Originally posted by Montana:
He should not have been out there, agree. I was beyond frustrated. Like just why?? He has had enough chances. That catch could have gotten him out of the dog house and we would all be praising the dude and gushing over the replay lol but instead, he swats the ball away from him lol. Aiyuk has been frustrating as well. Adams looks like a complete stud rn and wondering if we should have made the trade. 30 million to not make plays lol. Just catch the dang balls lol.

BA was open all damn game WK2. Throw him the ball….This week he was the focus of LA which lead to some great matchups and wide open plays for JJ.

BA was wide open on that 1st in 20 ball that would have ended the game, he did what he was suppose to do. Throw him the ball!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Brock improvs with Kittle, but Kittle puts his hands up and makes it clear he's onto something

Aiyuk just looks he might be running the wrong route after missing TC. He looks like he's running a clear route more than it looks like he's improvising

He's running to the open space after the busted coverage like he's suppose to. He's wide f**king open. If it was a clear out route Ba would have never looked back at Brock.

it was a missed opportunity plain and simple. It wasn't the reason we lost. It would have been the reason they won…even with all the dips**t stuff the rest of the team did while Brock played well.

He was open but from Brocks point of view he had to make a split second decision and he just wasn't sure if he could get the ball there. I would rather he pass up a throw like that than throw it up and have it intercepted. He would have needed to get the ball there before the DB recovered.

I know what BA is doing and I know it's not a clear out route. He just doesn't look like he's improvising. Most guys like Kittle put a hand or two up

You have to trust that BA is seeing it right and not just running a wrong route, and the decision needs to be made in less than a second. It's easy to understand why Brock decided not to trust it, and I think an indicator from Aiyuk would've helped

It's a matter of being on the same page, and they're clearly not yet. Do I put that all on Brock? No, I don't.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 24, 2024 at 8:23 AM ]

Yeah, all that is cool and stuff but like..BA hasn't been as trustworthy to catch balls, plain and simple. If I know that Jennings is gunna come down with that s--it than yeah, I am going with JJ. He was open yeah, but just not as trustworthy as JJ. BA needed to get his azz into camp.
Yeah, all that is cool and stuff but like..BA hasn't been as trustworthy to catch balls, plain and simple. If I know that Jennings is gunna come down with that s--it than yeah, I am going with JJ. He was open yeah, but just not as trustworthy as JJ. BA needed to get his azz into camp.

He trusts him to catch it, he just didn't trust the route he ran. He didn't know where the safety was, so he had to trust that Aiyuk was improvising instead of running the wrong route. The trust isn't there yet and Aiyuk gave no indicator that he was running to open grass. Just ran like whatever
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 24, 2024 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He was open but from Brocks point of view he had to make a split second decision and he just wasn't sure if he could get the ball there. I would rather he pass up a throw like that than throw it up and have it intercepted. He would have needed to get the ball there before the DB recovered.

dude he has a clean pocket saw the busted coverage off the LOS and the FS was legit on the other side of the field. How can you not ask for more in that position?

It's 1st in 20 in a spot where you need a play like that. I will never hate on a QB throwing a ball to wide open WR that just got paid $120M.

dude he has a clean pocket saw the busted coverage off the LOS and the FS was legit on the other side of the field. How can you not ask for more in that position?

It's 1st in 20 in a spot where you need a play like that. I will never hate on a QB throwing a ball to wide open WR that just got paid $120M.

You're both right but a non throw is not as bad as a perfect pass that gets dropped. That was the game changing event. Btw, BA dropping catchable passes does not help.

Yeah, it was a legit busted coverage and Brock Purdy simply turned it down. He is a great QB but we've seen this specific issue with Brock in the past. He turns down a lot of open deep shots. JT O'Sullivan pointed this out last year and it's still there. You wouldn't see Allen or Mahomes turn down those shots.

We can say that it was missed opportunity. We can also say Purdy was not the reason we lost.

it could be worse. Imagine you're the Jaguars are you just gave $65 million to Trevor Lawrence.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 24, 2024 at 9:05 AM ]
I know what BA is doing and I know it's not a clear out route. He just doesn't look like he's improvising. Most guys like Kittle put a hand or two up

You have to trust that BA is seeing it right and not just running a wrong route, and the decision needs to be made in less than a second. It's easy to understand why Brock decided not to trust it, and I think an indicator from Aiyuk would've helped

It's a matter of being on the same page, and they're clearly not yet. Do I put that all on Brock? No, I don't.

3 man rush clean pocket to strep in and throw it. One FS back there and he wasn't even close to where BA was.

What was there to not be on the same page about? There was tons of open field and no one around him. Throw the ball up to the open WR on a busted coverage. One FS back there on the other side of the field, it's 1st and 20 make a play or get a PI.

Brock has a damn near perfect day and he missed a play that would have won the game. Both things are true.

Da f**k you talking about? He had like a 71% catch rate last yr. He made all kinds of crazy catches from Brock.

the amount of blaming anyone but Brock on one play is ridiculous. Brock had no problem throwing a deep ball to a covered Bell….Telling me he doesn't trust BA (who's his number target last yr) because of missed half ass TC reps is horse s**t. Dak/Burrow had no problem throwing the ball to Lamb/Chase even though they missed time.

Stop blaming a WIDE OPEN WR for not throwing a football. If Brock is allergic to throwing the ball to his number 1 target in a game that we were down multiple receivers than that's a bigger problem.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 24, 2024 at 9:11 AM ]
3 man rush clean pocket to strep in and throw it. One FS back there and he wasn't even close to where BA was.

What was there to not be on the same page about? There was tons of open field and no one around him. Throw the ball up to the open WR on a busted coverage. One FS back there on the other side of the field, it's 1st and 20 make a play or get a PI.

Brock has a damn near perfect day and he missed a play that would have won the game. Both things are true.

He looks and sees a guy that is still getting up to speed running a different route than what was called. They have to be on the same page there lol. It's easy for us to see where everyone is on the field, we're looking at the all22. Brock didn't know where the safety was and didn't trust Aiyuk was doing the right thing. Nobody is saying it's not a missed opportunity, it's just predictable who would be harping on this one play
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 24, 2024 at 9:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone