LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 223 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He was open but from Brocks point of view he had to make a split second decision and he just wasn't sure if he could get the ball there. I would rather he pass up a throw like that than throw it up and have it intercepted. He would have needed to get the ball there before the DB recovered.

dude he has a clean pocket saw the busted coverage off the LOS and the FS was legit on the other side of the field. How can you not ask for more in that position?

It's 1st in 20 in a spot where you need a play like that. I will never hate on a QB throwing a ball to wide open WR that just got paid $120M.

Brock missed that one. Unfortunate and doesnt fit his mo.

If this continues, as I said to you before, then we say wtf. I am leaning Kyle/coaching making him timid IF that proves to be the case.

I hope Kyle tells him let it rip - I can live with a few mistakes using that mentality, but I want you aggressive etc.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
He looks and sees a guy that is still getting up to speed running a different route than what was called. They have to be on the same page there lol. It's easy for us to see where everyone is on the field, we're looking at the all22. Brock didn't know where the safety was and didn't trust Aiyuk was doing the right thing. Nobody is saying it's not a missed opportunity, it's just predictable who would be harping on this one play

Straight up making stuff up lol. 54 secs into this clip you see Brock starting at BA and BA looking at him…wide open.

Same page of what? It's a broken coverage, throw to the WIDE ASS open WR. Period. It's not like he was on the other side of the progressions. Or wasn't staring directly at him with no pressure and plenty of space to make an easy as pass.

saying you don't know where the FS is at is baloney there.

Talking about a play that would have ended the game is predictable? Yeah I guess so. Deflecting per usual. I've said over and over that Brock was damn near perfect. Everyone else f**king up all game doesn't mean he shouldn't throw the ball to a wide ass open WR.
Straight up making stuff up lol. 54 secs into this clip you see Brock starting at BA and BA looking at him…wide open.

Same page of what? It's a broken coverage, throw to the WIDE ASS open WR. Period. It's not like he was on the other side of the progressions. Or wasn't staring directly at him with no pressure and plenty of space to make an easy as pass.

Talking about a play that would have ended the game is predictable? Yeah I guess so. Deflecting per usual. I've said over and over that Brock was damn near perfect. Everyone else f**king up all game doesn't mean he shouldn't throw the ball to a wide ass open WR.

yeah coach broke this down, and it was what we thought. BA modifies the route to run to daylight, and that is what he is supposed to do per coach. that's what you want. QB needs to let it fly.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Brock missed that one. Unfortunate and doesnt fit his mo.

If this continues, as I said to you before, then we say wtf. I am leaning Kyle/coaching making him timid IF that proves to be the case.

I hope Kyle tells him let it rip - I can live with a few mistakes using that mentality, but I want you aggressive etc.

It really isn't that deep. Kyle and co isn't doing anything to make it so he can't throw a game winning ball to an open WR that they just paid $120M.

he just missed the play. He didn't let it rip and it happens. I'm not saying Brock is broken or is the product of bad coaching. He just hesitated for whatever reason. There's really no other explanation for it. He was staring directly at BA who was looking at him wide open.

end of the day Brock is the least of our problems.
3 man rush clean pocket to strep in and throw it. One FS back there and he wasn't even close to where BA was.

What was there to not be on the same page about? There was tons of open field and no one around him. Throw the ball up to the open WR on a busted coverage. One FS back there on the other side of the field, it's 1st and 20 make a play or get a PI.

Brock has a damn near perfect day and he missed a play that would have won the game. Both things are true.

We don't know what we don't know....

Simply as that.....

Clearly Brock and BA are not on the same page, so even if BA is wide open on a clear TD, it caused Brock enough indecision in that split second to turn it down.

If BA was perfect in and out of practice, and games being the perfect WR and in the exact spots Brock wants him all the time, Brock would have had the trust to just let the ball go.

Clearly with the missed camp, the dropped passes, and the disconnect on routs...they are not there yet.

We all know how important timing is to Brock, there are only a few QBs that throw with as much anticipation and TRUST as Purdy...clearly there is room to grow when it comes to working off script with BA.

Brock has to work on capitalizing on those opportunities.

We gotta remember, this year WRs have been coming in and out of the huddle all off season, and he is coming off a season of questionable protection. If the line improves and the revolving door of skill position players settles down, maybe he can get a better grip on using those opportunities when they become available.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

yeah coach broke this down, and it was what we thought. BA modifies the route to run to daylight, and that is what he is supposed to do per coach. that's what you want. QB needs to let it fly.

Pretty much….it's not me hating on Brock he was a stud for 99.9% of the game. Still, he makes that throw and we're 2-1 regardless of all the other bad s**t that the rest of the team did.
Pretty much….it's not me hating on Brock he was a stud for 99.9% of the game. Still, he makes that throw and we're 2-1 regardless of all the other bad s**t that the rest of the team did.

Yeah, BCB missed it, but let's not pretend that BA automatically catches, either. Dude has stone hands at the moment.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 24, 2024 at 9:32 AM ]

You're the one making stuff up saying it's baloney that Brock didn't know where the safety was. He had to trust that BA was improvising instead of him running the wrong route. It came down to being on the same page. I'm so sorry that it's not a huge knock on Brock's career
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 24, 2024 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Simply as that.....

Clearly Brock and BA are not on the same page, so even if BA is wide open on a clear TD, it caused Brock enough indecision in that split second to turn it down.

If BA was perfect in and out of practice, and games being the perfect WR and in the exact spots Brock wants him all the time, Brock would have had the trust to just let the ball go.

Clearly with the missed camp, the dropped passes, and the disconnect on routs...they are not there yet.

We all know how important timing is to Brock, there are only a few QBs that throw with as much anticipation and TRUST as Purdy...clearly there is room to grow when it comes to working off script with BA.

We gotta remember, this year WRs have been coming in and out of the huddle all off season, and he is coming off a season of questionable protection. If the line improves and the revolving door of skill position players settles down, maybe he can get a better grip on using those opportunities when they become available.

Go look at the clip, Brock was staring at a wide ass open BA and BA was staring at him waiting for the pass. No one was even around him. Brock had a 3 man rush and all day to throw the ball there.

BA did exactly what he's suppose to do on a play like that. This isn't the first game they've played together. Acting like he's some new player that's never played with Brock is straight up nonsense.

Outside of that one play he was great.
Guys with all the issues this team has do we really need to get into a big thing over whether Brock should have thrown that ball? He had one of his best games ever even with the 6 drops.

Go look at the clip, Brock was staring at a wide ass open BA and BA was staring at him waiting for the pass. No one was even around him. Brock had a 3 man rush and all day to throw the ball there.

BA did exactly what he's suppose to do on a play like that. This isn't the first game they've played together. Acting like he's some new player that's never played with Brock is straight up nonsense.

Do you even get what we're saying? Nobody said he never looked at BA
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 24, 2024 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Guys with all the issues this team has do we really need to get into a big thing over whether Brock should have thrown that ball? He had one of his best games ever even with the 6 drops.

Trey fans know football bro
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Simply as that.....

And...Brock did not throw the ball....

Why?

Because he did not have trust that BA saw something he did not see....

Why?

Because they are not on the same page yet.....

Brock needs to work on that, and I am sure as soon as he saw it on film he wanted a do over...he probably feels that way about different throws every single game....

I am sure if BA was in camp, working with Brock and not dropping passes allover the place running around at 80% (his words not mine) Brock would have been more likely to let that pass fly....but it is what it is.....

Sucks, missed opportunity....might have won the game...all they can do is regroup and try and do better in the future.....
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Do you even get what we're saying? Nobody said he never looked at BA

What safety? The guy on the other side of the field? He's starting directly at BA and there is NO ONE within 10 yards of BA.

How in the world can Brock not see this? There was no pressure in his face. Its not like BA is running downfield with his back to BA either, he sees it's a broken coverage and turns back to see Brock. Nothing about this was difficult.

it's a massive brain fart for Brock, it's okay to admit it…s**t happens. Acting like he's not in fault there or like they don't win if he doesn't throw the ball is silly.
It was Brock's payback to Ayiuk for all the drama and trouble he caused this team in the offseason. Ayiuk had a bad attitude and was toxic to this organization.
Share 49ersWebzone