LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 159 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So loud and so much about nothin. Yip yip yip!
Missing that one opportunity isn't any cause for concern.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What safety? The guy on the other side of the field? He's starting directly at BA and there is NO ONE within 10 yards of BA.

How in the world can Brock not see this? There was no pressure in his face. Its not like BA is running downfield with his back to BA either, he sees it's a broken coverage and turns back to see Brock. Nothing about this was difficult.

it's a massive brain fart for Brock, it's okay to admit it…s**t happens. Acting like he's not in fault there or like they don't win if he doesn't throw the ball is silly.

We get it, you know there's no safety lurking from your all22 and Brock absolutely knew it too

I agree should've trusted Aiyuk there and threw it, but I understand why he didn't and I still think some kind of indicator from Aiyuk would've helped. Baldinger just said Aiyuk looks pedestrian, so I wouldn't trust what he's doing either. To you it's a major brain fart, and I congratulate you for that. It's clearly a matter of trust and getting on the same page though
Originally posted by Dshearn:
And...Brock did not throw the ball....

Why?

Because he did not have trust that BA saw something he did not see....

Why?

Because they are not on the same page yet.....

Brock needs to work on that, and I am sure as soon as he saw it on film he wanted a do over...he probably feels that way about different throws every single game....

I am sure if BA was in camp, working with Brock and not dropping passes allover the place running around at 80% (his words not mine) Brock would have been more likely to let that pass fly....but it is what it is.....

Sucks, missed opportunity....might have won the game...all they can do is regroup and try and do better in the future.....

If he doesn't have trust in ba making a wide f**king open catch, he shouldn't be on the field. I don't care if it's Ronnie Bell there, you throw the ball to that guy. You'll never be more open than that in the NFL.

IMO that's such a BS excuse (no trust) in a game where we were down multiple receivers. Blaming the wide-open wide receiver instead of the QB 🙄 He didn't pull the trigger and yeah a missed a massive opportunity that would have ended the game. We can't have that when we're this banged up and the D/STs are playing that poorly.
Can you imagine how much worse things would be right now if BCB uncorked that pass and BA drops it? There's a HIGH probability with the way BA is playing right now that it would've looked like this:

BA is already getting a ton of heat for the slow start, but all hell would've broken loose if he drops a game-winning pass. Dude likely dodged a bullet.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 24, 2024 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
What safety? The guy on the other side of the field? He's starting directly at BA and there is NO ONE within 10 yards of BA.

How in the world can Brock not see this? There was no pressure in his face. Its not like BA is running downfield with his back to BA either, he sees it's a broken coverage and turns back to see Brock. Nothing about this was difficult.

it's a massive brain fart for Brock, it's okay to admit it…s**t happens. Acting like he's not in fault there or like they don't win if he doesn't throw the ball is silly.

We get it, you know there's no safety lurking from your all22 and Brock absolutely knew it too

I agree should've trusted Aiyuk there and threw it, but I understand why he didn't and I still think some kind of indicator from Aiyuk would've helped. Baldinger just said Aiyuk looks pedestrian, so I wouldn't trust what he's doing either. To you it's a major brain fart, and I congratulate you for that. It's clearly a matter of trust and getting on the same page though

Jerry Rice, even with all the trust Montana and Young already had in him, would raise a hand to signal the QB.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Can you imagine how much worse things would be right now if BA uncorked that pass and BA drops it? There's a HIGH probability with the way BA is playing right now that it would've looked like this:

BA is already getting a ton of heat for the slow start, but all hell would've broken loose if he drops a game-winning pass. Dude likely dodged a bullet.
Some around here would still find a way to blame Purdy while saying they don't blame Purdy.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Jerry Rice, even with all the trust Montana and Young already had in him, would raise a hand to signal the QB.

Youd think there'd be some kind of "we got em" signal. Some kind of urgency. I wouldn't know he sees a hole for a TD, that's for sure. He looks pedestrian like Baldinger said

Why?

Why?

Brock needs to work on that, and I am sure as soon as he saw it on film he wanted a do over...he probably feels that way about different throws every single game....

I am sure if BA was in camp, working with Brock and not dropping passes allover the place running around at 80% (his words not mine) Brock would have been more likely to let that pass fly....but it is what it is.....

Sucks, missed opportunity....might have won the game...all they can do is regroup and try and do better in the future.....

If he doesn't have trust in ba making a wide f**king open catch, he shouldn't be on the field. I don't care if it's Ronnie Bell there, you throw the ball to that guy. You'll never be more open than that in the NFL.

IMO that's such a BS excuse (no trust) in a game where we were down multiple receivers. Blaming the wide-open wide receiver instead of the QB 🙄 He didn't pull the trigger and yeah a missed a massive opportunity that would have ended the game. We can't have that when we're this banged up and the D/STs are playing that poorly.

lol.....

you benching Purdy over a ball he didn't throw......

You do you NY....

Why do you understand him not throwing it there? There's literally not a single player within 10 yards of BA. The amount of times Brock throws into tight windows between the numbers, yet he can't a throw a seam route to his #1 WR from a yr ago?

Brandon had 10 targets on Sunday, acting like there's no trust there is clearly not true. They were literally staring at each other at one point lol.

I don't give a s**t what BA looks like, on that play he was about as open as you see a player in the NFL. If it's freaking Ronnie Bell you throw him the ball.

Sucks because Brock did play great, we needed one more play from him and it was probably gonna be one of his easiest completions in that game.

Why?

Why?

lol.....

You do you NY....

NY already stated Purdy played well 99.9% of the time. He is just hung up over this one play.

When perfection is expected, you'll be disappointed 100% of the time.

lol.....

You do you NY....

Where the hell did I say bench Brock? I said if he doesn't trust BA then BA shouldn't be on the field. He has enough trust to pepper him with 10 targets last game. That's a lazy ass excuse to throw the ball to a wide ass open nfl player.
lol.....

You do you NY....

Where the hell did I say bench Brock? I said if he doesn't trust BA then BA shouldn't be on the field. He has enough trust to pepper him with 10 targets last game. That's a lazy ass excuse to throw the ball to a wide ass open nfl player.

You didn't, but most got your meaning, I think. Small error in sentence structure. No big deal.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
NY already stated Purdy played well 99.9% of the time. He is just hung up over this one play.

When perfection is expected, you'll be disappointed 100% of the time.

The rest of the team is playing like crap you need your guy to make those plays. That's all I'm saying.

They didn't lose because of Brock, he was great ( I never said bench Brock or whatever he's saying let's not be stupid).

Easiest completion for Brock all game and he doesn't throw the ball It's wild to me.

I mean we can talk about how s**tty the rest of the team was on Sunday, wouldn't have mattered if that ball is thrown.

we got a bunch of problem and the QB isn't one, but because I'm talking about a massively missed play apparently I think he stinks lol. Typical for some people in here.

He would have dropped it.
Why do you understand him not throwing it there? There's literally not a single player within 10 yards of BA. The amount of times Brock throws into tight windows between the numbers, yet he can't a throw a seam route to his #1 WR from a yr ago?

Brandon had 10 targets on Sunday, acting like there's no trust there is clearly not true. They were literally staring at each other at one point lol.

I don't give a s**t what BA looks like, on that play he was about as open as you see a player in the NFL. If it's freaking Ronnie Bell you throw him the ball.

Sucks because Brock did play great, we needed one more play from him and it was probably gonna be one of his easiest completions in that game.

I understand because he didn't have a clear idea of where the safeties were, and he wasn't sure if Aiyuk was improvising or running the wrong route

Should've trusted Aiyuk, but again I understand why he didnt. I think you're just pissed off that it wasn't what it seemed on the broadcast. It's not as bad as it looked now that we know it was Brock not trusting Aiyuk improv
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 24, 2024 at 10:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone