Watch: Deommodore Lenoir joins the No Huddle Podcast →

There are 177 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by captveg:
Kyle explained it pretty plainly. The Rams busted their coverage so badly that it completely threw Purdy off. In that moment he was trying to track where the Safety was, and since he had absolutely no idea where the guy was he didn't want to chuck it right into his hands for an INT.

In other words, the coverage was so bad it was Flores level brilliant because Brock thought it was something clever he'd never seen on film before.

Hopefully he throws it up next time he sees something similar, but if he does and it's a pick 6 because he chucked it when he had no idea where the Safety was I'm gonna point right at some people in this thread.

I feel like the complaint over this play would mean more to me if we had never seen Purdy chuck it deep before. He did so in the NFC CG and got a fortunate bounce and we benefitted. He did so against Jacksonville last year. And Tampa. And Arizona. All successful plays. So when it makes sense to him he pulls the trigger. He just didn't see it for what it was this time. If only he *hadn't* seen Bell deep a little later.

So when we have a busted coverage QBs take advantage of it…when it happens to us don't take advantage of it? The FS was legit on the other side of the field.

I'm not saying he can't do it or never has. I'm saying f**king let it rip, he was staring right at BA and the back of the field. It's a 3 man rush he had time.

Of course we want Purdy to see where the Safety is there and chuck it. He simply didn't comprehend it in that split second on this specific play. He usually does. I just don't see the need to assassinate him over,it.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
lol.....

you benching Purdy over a ball he didn't throw......

You do you NY....

Where the hell did I say bench Brock? I said if he doesn't trust BA then BA shouldn't be on the field. He has enough trust to pepper him with 10 targets last game. That's a lazy ass excuse to throw the ball to a wide ass open nfl player.

"If he doesn't have trust in ba making a wide f**king open catch, he shouldn't be on the field."
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Can you imagine how much worse things would be right now if BA uncorked that pass and BA drops it? There's a HIGH probability with the way BA is playing right now that it would've looked like this:

BA is already getting a ton of heat for the slow start, but all hell would've broken loose if he drops a game-winning pass. Dude likely dodged a bullet.
Some around here would still find a way to blame Purdy while saying they don't blame Purdy.

Yup. Lets spend energy worrying about a non throw- while ignoring the idiots who drop perfectly catchable balls, porous o line and a non existent defense.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
NY already stated Purdy played well 99.9% of the time. He is just hung up over this one play.

When perfection is expected, you'll be disappointed 100% of the time.

The rest of the team is playing like crap you need your guy to make those plays. That's all I'm saying.

They didn't lose because of Brock, he was great ( I never said bench Brock or whatever he's saying let's not be stupid).

Easiest completion for Brock all game and he doesn't throw the ball It's wild to me.

I mean we can talk about how s**tty the rest of the team was on Sunday, wouldn't have mattered if that ball is thrown.

we got a bunch of problem and the QB isn't one, but because I'm talking about a massively missed play apparently I think he stinks lol. Typical for some people in here.

A dog crapped on your bed, and you're crying about the color.
NY already stated Purdy played well 99.9% of the time. He is just hung up over this one play.

100% or he's out. He should be cut, drawn and quartered, and left in an alley.

He simply got flustered and didn't process the play correctly due to it being such a busted coverage and a changed route. It happens. My goodness, can we stop raking him over the damn coals over it?
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 24, 2024 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Can you imagine how much worse things would be right now if BCB uncorked that pass and BA drops it? There's a HIGH probability with the way BA is playing right now that it would've looked like this:

BA is already getting a ton of heat for the slow start, but all hell would've broken loose if he drops a game-winning pass. Dude likely dodged a bullet.

I don't care if it's Ronnie Bell, you throw that ball to a guy with no one within 10 yards of him on 1st and 20.

he can also make these catches too

I don't care if it's Ronnie Bell, you throw that ball to a guy with no one within 10 yards of him on 1st and 20.

he can also make these catches too

You're spending way too much time in here over 1 play while

some real clown energy type ish

Getting back to Brock ... x-Ray is negative on his back. Good news, let's go!
I don't care if the receivers head clearly isn't in the game yet, you trust his ass 100% and let that s**t rip!!! If not get off the field!!!!!!
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 24, 2024 at 10:40 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He simply got flustered and didn't process the play correctly due to it being such a busted coverage and a changed route. It happens. My goodness, can we stop raking him over the damn coals over it?

If Purdy lost the Safety then I can understand the reason to pull it down. He got caught off guard it happens, nor is it the reason the 9ers lost the game I guess that's why that play doesn't really mean s**t to me.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

If Purdy lost the Safety then I can understand the reason to pull it down. He got caught off guard it happens, nor is it the reason the 9ers lost the game I guess that's why that play doesn't really mean s**t to me.

Yeah, same goes for me. As well as Purdy played, latching on to this one play is unreasonable.
Guy plays almost a perfect game. Without CMC, Deebo, Kittle, 1/2 speed Aiyuk. Focus on the 1 play "he should have thrown." You guys are like Nick WRONG.

A dog crapped on your bed, and you're crying about the color.

Our stud QB missed the easiest throw of his life to win a football game and we shouldn't talk about it. Gotcha.

49ers ST has sucked for a decade. We want to talk about that one some more? Okay fine. We over drafted a mid kicker who folds like a lawn chair when there's a sniff of pressure. We're depending on WR 6/7 to making contested catches. Cool. God forbid we talk about our stud QB and #1 WR not playing catch late in the game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yeah, same goes for me. As well as Purdy played, latching on to this one play is unreasonable.

Totally agree!!! Especially when you think about all the things the 49ers defense, O-line and Special teams did before that play. Now that's the crap that pisses you off.

In a close loss. Its perfectly reasonable to talk about a missed play that wins the game.
Share 49ersWebzone