LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 208 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yeah, same goes for me. As well as Purdy played, latching on to this one play is unreasonable.

In a close loss. Its perfectly reasonable to talk about a missed play that wins the game.

So he missed that one, then went right back in the air to Ronnie Bell. Then what happen? The game could've been won off of that too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Guy plays almost a perfect game. Without CMC, Deebo, Kittle, 1/2 speed Aiyuk. Focus on the 1 play "he should have thrown." You guys are like Nick WRONG.

the play deserves maybe a post, then we move on. we all saw it during the broadcast it was mentioned live. all QBs have turn downs, it's about how often, and generally BP sees the field well
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't care if it's Ronnie Bell, you throw that ball to a guy with no one within 10 yards of him on 1st and 20.

he can also make these catches too

You're spending way too much time in here over 1 play while

some real clown energy type ish

Crying over what? Dude had the easiest play all game and didn't throw the ball to their $120M WR. Had no problem throwing the ball 10 times to him?

im not defending BA, I'm not hating Brock. I'm saying throw the f**king ball to the wide ass open WR when you have zero pressure around you and no one within 10 yards of the guy. He drops it fine it's on BA. that ball should be throw there 10 out of 10 times. That's on the QB for not even attempting it. Period. I don't get the excuses. He played great for 99.9% of the game.

I mean you want to talk about how s**tty the STs has been for a decade? Cool been down that road, nothing new there.

Our DL doing jack s**t vs backup lineman? Yeah that happened. Our star CB in Ward looking mid vs backup WR? That happened all the same. We got a LBer issue without question.

That ONE play hits and none of that s**t matters right now.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 24, 2024 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yeah, same goes for me. As well as Purdy played, latching on to this one play is unreasonable.

In a close loss. Its perfectly reasonable to talk about a missed play that wins the game.

So he missed that one, then went right back in the air to Ronnie Bell. Then what happen? The game could've been won off of that too.

And Ronnie Bell is rightfully getting killed for that.
A dog crapped on your bed, and you're crying about the color.

Our stud QB missed the easiest throw of his life to win a football game and we shouldn't talk about it. Gotcha.

49ers ST has sucked for a decade. We want to talk about that one some more? Okay fine. We over drafted a mid kicker who folds like a lawn chair when there's a sniff of pressure. We're depending on WR 6/7 to making contested catches. Cool. God forbid we talk about our stud QB and #1 WR not playing catch late in the game.

You aren't talking about it, nor discussing it. You're just b***hing about it.

You like to think you intelligently discuss topics. You do not. You get indignant about it, belligerent even. You haven't added anything interesting regarding this one play. It is just one thing you can latch onto to provide a forum for your criticism of Purdy.

Nothing against criticism, but you do pounce on any and every opportunity. You think we don't notice; we have. You try to frame it as something else; you fail.

So, by all means, cry about the color of that s**t on your bed.

To talk about, sure. But I don't call that talking about it, and it is only part of a continuous pattern since Purdy took the starting spot.
I am saying it is unreasonable to expect perfection. Yes, he missed throwing that pass, too bad... "but it isn't the reason we lost" (his words).

So, what else is there to say, but to harp on about it.
It's the emphasis, dude. We all wanted Brock to throw that pass and Aiyuk to catch it. Continually kicking him in the balls over it isn't gonna change it. The guy will study the film and look to improve. But are we really going to harp on one or two plays from one of our best players right now in every loss? To me this is like going to the Fred Warner thread and complaining that he didn't create a turnover this week. The conclusion there is Warner could have played better, but no one is harping on that because relative to the other defensive players he played great. Not perfect or game changing, but great. Warner isn't gonna be perfect, neither is Purdy. It could be worse - he could be Joe Burrow right now and be missing far more plays available to him.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 24, 2024 at 11:02 AM ]

To talk about, sure. But I don't call that talking about it, and it is only part of a continuous pattern since Purdy took the starting spot.
I am saying it is unreasonable to expect perfection. Yes, he missed throwing that pass, too bad... "but it isn't the reason we lost" (his words).

If you don't want to talk about it then stop talking about it. But if you are going to then stop acting like others cant or only how you would like them to.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 24, 2024 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Guy plays almost a perfect game. Without CMC, Deebo, Kittle, 1/2 speed Aiyuk. Focus on the 1 play "he should have thrown." You guys are like Nick WRONG.

the play deserves maybe a post, then we move on. we all saw it during the broadcast it was mentioned live. all QBs have turn downs, it's about how often, and generally BP sees the field well

Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes have plays they turn down. It happens. If true that he didn't know where the safety was it's understandable he turned it down. Most of his incompletions were drops. If Aiyuk and Bell could catch we win the game. He played well enough to win and was the best player for us.

If you don't want to talk about it then stop talking about it. But if you are going to then stop acting like others cant.

I'm getting the notion you're missing my point. Fair enough, though.

You like to think you intelligently discuss topics. You do not. You get indignant about it, belligerent even. You haven't added anything interesting regarding this one play. It is just one thing you can latch onto to provide a forum for your criticism of Purdy.

Nothing against criticism, but you do pounce on any and every opportunity. You think we don't notice; we have. You try to frame it as something else; you fail.

No I've talked about it and provided film. I'm b***hing about now because instead of folks saying yeah he did simply miss it… They're blaming it on the WR or some lack of trust b******t.

Acting like I want Brock to fail because of whatever from years ago is childish and pathetic. I don't give a s**t about Lance or whatever happened in the past. Brock is about to be paid handsomely and I want him to do well. Not sure how many more times I need to say that for people to get over their own insecurities and defensive nature with Brock. He's a damn good QB and I've stated that 100 f**king times. Apparently that's not enough for some of you.

if we're not allowed to talk about a damn important missed play that would have won the game…because it revolves around our QB. Then someone should post that in the title of the thread.

maybe instead of always trying to make it about me…when can talk about the players and what they did great and not so great??

If you don't want to talk about it then stop talking about it. But if you are going to then stop acting like others cant.

You are upset because you feel Brock is being attacked and you want it to stop. I get it. Just an FYI no one is perfect and in a loss its okay to talk about missed opportunities. And there is not one way to do it.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 24, 2024 at 11:16 AM ]

I've been rooting for Brock since he became the starter last yr. I have posted dozens of clips and stats showing him making great plays etc.

the moment we (I) discuss him not doing well on ONE play, it's back to me being a hater.

no one saying anything about perfection. I'm talking about a play that I bet he wish he had back and would have won the game…There's plenty of s**t from that game that was drastically worse than whatever Brock did.

Instead of talking about that play or whatever…it always comes back to me and everyone being defensive about everything. I just want to talk football, but I consistently have to defend myself in the process. It's lame as s**t. Look if you think he didn't throw the ball to BA because he didn't think he would catch it fine…I would say that's a load of crap and a much bigger problem than him just not throwing the ball in the first place.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 24, 2024 at 11:18 AM ]

No I've talked about it and provided film. I'm b***hing about now because instead of folks saying yeah he did simply miss it… They're blaming it on the WR or some lack of trust b******t.

Acting like I want Brock to fail because of whatever from years ago is childish and pathetic. I don't give a s**t about Lance or whatever happened in the past. Brock is about to be paid handsomely and I want him to do well. Not sure how many more times I need to say that for people to get over their own insecurities and defensive nature with Brock. He's a damn good QB and I've stated that 100 f**king times. Apparently that's not enough for some of you.

if we're not allowed to talk about a damn important missed play that would have won the game…because it revolves around our QB. Then someone should post that in the title of the thread.

maybe instead of always trying to make it about me…when can talk about the players and what they did great and not so great??

He did miss the play. No argument.
It might have won the game, no argument.
It might have won the game the same way his pass to Bell might have helped win the game. Now, I would like to think Aiyuk would catch it and score... but I can't know that is how it would have happened.

So, this comes down to probability, conjecture, assumption, whatever word you prefer.
Ok.

You are upset because you feel Brock is being attacked and you want it to stop. I get it. Just an FYI no one is perfect and in a loss its okay to talk about missed opportunities. And there is not one way to do it.

Not exactly, but it doesn't matter. You're not wrong about how I was responding, and I shouldn't be so stifling to others.
Share 49ersWebzone