LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 193 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think this one 'missed' play, given the overall aspect of the point at hand, is mostly irrelevant.

Did Purdy miss Aiyuk? Yes. For whatever reason he missed.....but it was basically a microcosm of that game. Purdy was the best player for SF that day, and he did what I wanted to see - a guy that carried that offense about as much as he could given the circumstances. I don't even care about it, because the implosion that was the 49ers, was on guys dropping passes, ST being special, and a defense that couldn't stop a crippled up Rams offense.

Considering what went on, Aiyuk probably drops that bomb anyways. That's the way it went for SF.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
He did miss the play. No argument.
It might have won the game, no argument.
It might have won the game the same way his pass to Bell might have helped win the game. Now, I would like to think Aiyuk would catch it and score... but I can't know that is how it would have happened.

So, this comes down to probability, conjecture, assumption, whatever word you prefer.
Ok.

If he doesn't catch the ball then it's on BA. We can then talk about how he all of a sudden forgot how to catch footballs…but because our QB didn't even attempt to throw the ball, it's on the QB.

I mean if we're not allowed to talk about probability, conjecture, assumption, whatever word you prefer in regards to looking at what happened…well then what can we talk about lol?
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
I think this one 'missed' play, given the overall aspect of the point at hand, is mostly irrelevant.

Did Purdy miss Aiyuk? Yes. For whatever reason he missed.....but it was basically a microcosm of that game. Purdy was the best player for SF that day, and he did what I wanted to see - a guy that carried that offense about as much as he could given the circumstances. I don't even care about it, because the implosion that was the 49ers, was on guys dropping passes, ST being special, and a defense that couldn't stop a crippled up Rams offense.

Considering what went on, Aiyuk probably drops that bomb anyways. That's the way it went for SF.

Overall he was badass. Everything you said is true with the rest of the team. I've said Brock didn't lose the game. He played great….all that other bad s**t that escalated the meltdown wouldn't have mattered if he made that play though.

Guess we won't know if he drops it because the QB didn't even try to attempt the pass…which imo was the problem.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He did miss the play. No argument.
It might have won the game, no argument.
It might have won the game the same way his pass to Bell might have helped win the game. Now, I would like to think Aiyuk would catch it and score... but I can't know that is how it would have happened.

So, this comes down to probability, conjecture, assumption, whatever word you prefer.
Ok.

If he doesn't catch the ball then it's on BA. We can then talk about how he all of a sudden forgot how to catch footballs…but because our QB didn't even attempt to throw the ball, it's on the QB.

I mean if we're not allowed to talk about probability, conjecture, assumption, whatever word you prefer in regards to looking at what happened…well then what can we talk about lol?

Oh, go ahead. I apologize for trying to stifle you on the subject. No more from me about it.

Hmm... end of fiscal year, and I got all my contracts awarded, but I still have to come into the office all week (no telework allowed this week). Maybe I'm just bored and got myself in a bad mood. Sorry for that.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Can you imagine how much worse things would be right now if BCB uncorked that pass and BA drops it? There's a HIGH probability with the way BA is playing right now that it would've looked like this:

BA is already getting a ton of heat for the slow start, but all hell would've broken loose if he drops a game-winning pass. Dude likely dodged a bullet.

Agree
Originally posted by Dshearn:
lol.....

you benching Purdy over a ball he didn't throw......

You do you NY....

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Breaking news: Brock Purdy is really f**king good and 🤡s are upset about it. 😎
Lol @ NY..."I don't care if it's Ronnie Bell.." stop right there haha. He did throw it to Ronnie and look what happened. Tripping over one play. Ok man haha
Overall he was badass. Everything you said is true with the rest of the team. I've said Brock didn't lose the game. He played great….all that other bad s**t that escalated the meltdown wouldn't have mattered if he made that play though.

Guess we won't know if he drops it because the QB didn't even try to attempt the pass…which imo was the problem.

If he hits BA, the Niners probably win. I get your point.

I guess I just look at the complete clusterf**k that this game was, and know that every great QB has missed taking shots to wide ass open players. Brock was about as good as he could be, with all the injuries/inferior play around him....I can't point at a guy who was 95% good and say 'what about that other 5%?', when there are 5% players out there...and all you need from them is 10%.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
A dog crapped on your bed, and you're crying about the color.

Our stud QB missed the easiest throw of his life to win a football game and we shouldn't talk about it. Gotcha.

49ers ST has sucked for a decade. We want to talk about that one some more? Okay fine. We over drafted a mid kicker who folds like a lawn chair when there's a sniff of pressure. We're depending on WR 6/7 to making contested catches. Cool. God forbid we talk about our stud QB and #1 WR not playing catch late in the game.

You aren't talking about it, nor discussing it. You're just b***hing about it.

You like to think you intelligently discuss topics. You do not. You get indignant about it, belligerent even. You haven't added anything interesting regarding this one play. It is just one thing you can latch onto to provide a forum for your criticism of Purdy.

Nothing against criticism, but you do pounce on any and every opportunity. You think we don't notice; we have. You try to frame it as something else; you fail.

So, by all means, cry about the color of that s**t on your bed.

Great summary of NY and the other Purdy haters. They're still insufferable and will continue to be for his entire career. Dug in all the way.
A dog crapped on your bed, and you're crying about the color.

Our stud QB missed the easiest throw of his life to win a football game and we shouldn't talk about it. Gotcha.

49ers ST has sucked for a decade. We want to talk about that one some more? Okay fine. We over drafted a mid kicker who folds like a lawn chair when there's a sniff of pressure. We're depending on WR 6/7 to making contested catches. Cool. God forbid we talk about our stud QB and #1 WR not playing catch late in the game.

You like to think you intelligently discuss topics. You do not. You get indignant about it, belligerent even. You haven't added anything interesting regarding this one play. It is just one thing you can latch onto to provide a forum for your criticism of Purdy.

Nothing against criticism, but you do pounce on any and every opportunity. You think we don't notice; we have. You try to frame it as something else; you fail.

Lance would've thrown that pass.

Also, Bell would've caught the game winning pass a few plays later, if Lance would've thrown it.

Lance would've won the game twice.

• Furlow
  • Veteran

No I've talked about it and provided film. I'm b***hing about now because instead of folks saying yeah he did simply miss it… They're blaming it on the WR or some lack of trust b******t.

Acting like I want Brock to fail because of whatever from years ago is childish and pathetic. I don't give a s**t about Lance or whatever happened in the past. Brock is about to be paid handsomely and I want him to do well. Not sure how many more times I need to say that for people to get over their own insecurities and defensive nature with Brock. He's a damn good QB and I've stated that 100 f**king times. Apparently that's not enough for some of you.

if we're not allowed to talk about a damn important missed play that would have won the game…because it revolves around our QB. Then someone should post that in the title of the thread.

maybe instead of always trying to make it about me…when can talk about the players and what they did great and not so great??

People are giving you s**t (rightfully so) because you're harping on this one throw and continually calling it a "miss." When Kyle already explained that Purdy did see him, he just passed up on throwing it.

"The Los Angeles Rams' defense gave the 49ers a major opportunity to put Sunday's game away with a breakdown in the defensive backfield.

But the Rams' mixup was so extreme that it even caught the 49ers by surprise.

To the untrained eye (NY they're talking about you), it looked as if 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy made a major mistake in not seeing Brandon Aiyuk wide open for a potential touchdown late in San Francisco's 27-24 loss to Los Angeles.

But, according to coach Kyle Shanahan, it actually was a huge error by the Rams' defensive backfield that caused enough confusion for Purdy to hold onto the football a split-second too long.

Leading 24-17 with approximately four minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, the 49ers had a first-and-20 situation at their own 48.

On the play, Aiyuk was open as he ran down the field. Purdy saw Aiyuk but did not let it fly."

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brock-purdy-brandon-aiyuk-kyle-shanahan-td-pass/1785580/?os=vbkn42tqhoPmKBEXtc&ref=app&amp

I'm sure Purdy was also taking into account the game situation. Up 7 with 4 minutes left to play, close to field goal range, 1st down. A more sure throw and completion burns the clock and ensures a FG opportunity. There's a lot that he's processing in that moment, and he decided against it for multiple reasons. I'm sure he'd love to have that one back now that he's seen the all-22. But when you're in the game you don't have the luxury of all-22 vision; which is what you keep using to judge him on this play.

But we know why you're doing this. You spent over a year rooting for his demise because you were so stuck on his "lack of measurables." Now you've just pivoted to things like this. We have one of the best QB's in the league who is playing outstanding football and you're hell bent on being negative. It's annoying AF and you're going to continue to get s**t for it as long as you keep doing it.

Pretty well said. 💯 lol
It's just silly, almost like he is demanding some kind of attention by crying about "the color of s*&t" lol. "Look at this s**t over here! It is purple! Look!" Lol
Brock is day to day.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/49ers-qb-brock-purdy-considered-day-day-back-soreness
Share 49ersWebzone