• bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Breaking news: Brock Purdy is really f**king good and 🤡s are upset about it. 😎

Burrow 0-3 and not a peep. From the National Media
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Overall he was badass. Everything you said is true with the rest of the team. I've said Brock didn't lose the game. He played great….all that other bad s**t that escalated the meltdown wouldn't have mattered if he made that play though.

Guess we won't know if he drops it because the QB didn't even try to attempt the pass…which imo was the problem.

If he hits BA, the Niners probably win. I get your point.

I guess I just look at the complete clusterf**k that this game was, and know that every great QB has missed taking shots to wide ass open players. Brock was about as good as he could be, with all the injuries/inferior play around him....I can't point at a guy who was 95% good and say 'what about that other 5%?', when there are 5% players out there...and all you need from them is 10%.

Well he did hit his receivers 6 times where they dropped the ball. The one to Ronnie Bell really hurt. That's much worse than not throwing a deep ball to a an open receiver.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Lance would've thrown that pass.

Also, Bell would've caught the game winning pass a few plays later, if Lance would've thrown it.

Lance would've won the game twice.

Lol this is the most frustrating part. Brock hate (from 49er fans) always stems back to love for Trey

Brock has been one of the best QBs in the league since stepped onto the field. These guys have already proven they have no clue what they're talking about with Trey, so it's extra annoying to see them constantly trying to poke holes in Brock's game. He's really damn good, I'm sorry if you didn't want to believe it

We struck gold in a way every fanbase dreams of, but these guys can't enjoy it because they chose a XFL level QB over Brock. Get over it
Isn't NY the same guy that was crying about BP's arm and arm strength..not sure if he could throw it deep or whatever? Not athletic enough? Basically, just likes to whine whilst not making good points at all? Lol
Even if Brock falls flat on his face and is the worst QB in the league from here on out, nobody is going to look at you guys as the messiah of talent evaluation. You pitted yourself against him because of Trey freaking Lance. Now that he's clearly better, we've resorted to knocking him because he's not the first ever perfect QB. Just stop
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Lol this is the most frustrating part. Brock hate (from 49er fans) always stems back to love for Trey

Brock has been one of the best QBs in the league since stepped onto the field. These guys have already proven they have no clue what they're talking about with Trey, so it's extra annoying to see them constantly trying to poke holes in Brock's game. He's really damn good, I'm sorry if you didn't want to believe it

We struck gold in a way every fanbase dreams of, but these guys can't enjoy it because they chose a XFL level QB over Brock. Get over it

A very ironic post I must say
I love Brock but if you want 60 million you have to be able to go through your progressions and not hesitate. Give him 35 million and call it a day.
Originally posted by Montana:
Isn't NY the same guy that was crying about BP's arm and arm strength..not sure if he could throw it deep or whatever? Not athletic enough? Basically, just likes to whine whilst not making good points at all? Lol

Hard to hear you say anything with brock's balls in your mouth constantly

I'm pro-bock … I can also be objective and say he missed a pretty damn important play. Why can't you?

Bosa imo hasn't played to his potential. Does that mean I hate him? Trent hasn't been Trent overall. Does that mean I hate him? I should be allowed to point out good and bad with everyone (which I do). If you don't agree that he missed a wide ass open BA, let's talk about then.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 24, 2024 at 1:20 PM ]
Point out one poor play and the folks get all but hurt and attack posters. Typical.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Seems to be a little disagreement in the stats over drops. I see 4 mentioned there, but I've heard 6 somewhere else?
Could you imagine if all the WRs had the tenacity and heart of Jennings? Look out!!!!
Originally posted by Furlow:
Great summary of NY and the other Purdy haters. They're still insufferable and will continue to be for his entire career. Dug in all the way.

f**k off with the Brock hater s**t…maybe one day you can talk about football instead of posters.
Originally posted by Furlow:
People are giving you s**t (rightfully so) because you're harping on this one throw and continually calling it a "miss." When Kyle already explained that Purdy did see him, he just passed up on throwing it.

"The Los Angeles Rams' defense gave the 49ers a major opportunity to put Sunday's game away with a breakdown in the defensive backfield.

But the Rams' mixup was so extreme that it even caught the 49ers by surprise.

To the untrained eye (NY they're talking about you), it looked as if 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy made a major mistake in not seeing Brandon Aiyuk wide open for a potential touchdown late in San Francisco's 27-24 loss to Los Angeles.

But, according to coach Kyle Shanahan, it actually was a huge error by the Rams' defensive backfield that caused enough confusion for Purdy to hold onto the football a split-second too long.

Leading 24-17 with approximately four minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, the 49ers had a first-and-20 situation at their own 48.

On the play, Aiyuk was open as he ran down the field. Purdy saw Aiyuk but did not let it fly."

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brock-purdy-brandon-aiyuk-kyle-shanahan-td-pass/1785580/?os=vbkn42tqhoPmKBEXtc&ref=app&amp

I'm sure Purdy was also taking into account the game situation. Up 7 with 4 minutes left to play, close to field goal range, 1st down. A more sure throw and completion burns the clock and ensures a FG opportunity. There's a lot that he's processing in that moment, and he decided against it for multiple reasons. I'm sure he'd love to have that one back now that he's seen the all-22. But when you're in the game you don't have the luxury of all-22 vision; which is what you keep using to judge him on this play.

But we know why you're doing this. You spent over a year rooting for his demise because you were so stuck on his "lack of measurables." Now you've just pivoted to things like this. We have one of the best QB's in the league who is playing outstanding football and you're hell bent on being negative. It's annoying AF and you're going to continue to get s**t for it as long as you keep doing it.

Missing on a wide open pass is a miss. Plain and Simple. You can call it whatever you want. He was starting directly at him and didn't throw the ball.

it's not the end of the world.

I said a 1,000 times now that he played amazing and he was a stud last yr and this past Sunday.

You keep fabricating this rooting for his demise b******t. Show me where I actively wanted him to fail? Did I have some doubt that a 7th rd pick would become Tom Brady (like you all did after a couple games) yeah, I think that's pretty normal to have some hesitancy given the circumstances.

You're the one still talking about Lance, not me. All I ever wanted there was for him to play some legit football and develop. Injuries and Brock didn't make that a thing…move on. They made the right choice there.

I've posted dozens and dozens of supportive takes about Brock with videos and stats. You act like that doesn't exist, why? Because you're in capable of talking about football or being objective… you're so obsessed with trying to prove a poster, you know nothing about wrong in some fan forum. Pretty pathetic imo.

I. Don't. Want. Brock. To suck. I want him to be the next Montana for a decade. So far he's played great, it should be okay to talk about a play that he missed that could have won the game. We do it for everyone else. That doesn't make me a hater no matter how hard you try.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Seems to be a little disagreement in the stats over drops. I see 4 mentioned there, but I've heard 6 somewhere else?
Could you imagine if all the WRs had the tenacity and heart of Jennings? Look out!!!!

I think it needs to be pretty egregious for them to officially give a WR a drop. Like Bell in the chest bad. In reality it was 6 when you consider a 30 mil receiver catches those Aiyuk drops in his sleep
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
I think it needs to be pretty egregious for them to officially give a WR a drop. Like Bell in the chest bad. In reality it was 6 when you consider a 30 mil receiver catches those Aiyuk drops in his sleep

I could be wrong but I think one pass to BA was behind him pretty good. Not sure if that's considered a drop. There were others for sure
Share 49ersWebzone