Watch: Deommodore Lenoir joins the No Huddle Podcast →

There are 167 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Great summary of NY and the other Purdy haters. They're still insufferable and will continue to be for his entire career. Dug in all the way.

f**k off with the Brock hater s**t…maybe one day you can talk about football instead of posters.

This is clearly the year to see if Brock is worth the big money deal.
Originally posted by Patton:

I'm sick of it dude. It's the same dozen or so posters that won't allow you to talk about football unless it's on their terms…if it's not, then you're labeled a "hater" it was the same s**t with Jimmy G in here for years.

praise & criticism should go hand and hand….straight up hating with no context is not what I do. Nowhere have I said I hate Brock or want him to fail. For every "criticism" I post twice as much good stuff, no one cares about that. Let's just rehash s**t from years ago when I wasn't 100% sold on a 7th rd rookie to become the next Brady. Sorry if I was a little hesitant to go there lol.

Once it gets personal and people start making crap up, that's when I have a problem.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
I think it needs to be pretty egregious for them to officially give a WR a drop. Like Bell in the chest bad. In reality it was 6 when you consider a 30 mil receiver catches those Aiyuk drops in his sleep

I could be wrong but I think one pass to BA was behind him pretty good. Not sure if that's considered a drop. There were others for sure

Yea that one won't count on him in the stat sheet. It will with the team that just paid him 30 mil and their fanbase though. He needs to catch that
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 24, 2024 at 1:34 PM ]
I could be wrong but I think one pass to BA was behind him pretty good. Not sure if that's considered a drop. There were others for sure

Two of them really.

The quick slant earlier on that Aiyuk dropped was on his back shoulder and not out in front.

The third down later where Aiyuk was tightly covered was a step behind where it should have been. I think this ball actually clipped the defender.

That said a quality receiver has to catch the first one without a doubt. It wasn't actually a perfect throw but it was plenty good enough. The second one I'm also faulting Aiyuk more because Brock was on the move when he threw it and Aiyuk needed to extend his hands out instead of trying to body the ball.

I'm sick of it dude. It's the same dozen or so posters that won't allow you to talk about football unless it's on their terms…if it's not, then you're labeled a "hater" it was the same s**t with Jimmy G in here for years.

praise & criticism should go hand and hand….straight up hating with no context is not what I do. Nowhere have I said I hate Brock or want him to fail. For every "criticism" I post twice as much good stuff, no one cares about that. Let's just rehash s**t from years ago when I wasn't 100% sold on a 7th rd rookie to become the next Brady. Sorry if I was a little hesitant to go there lol.

Once it gets personal and people start making crap up, that's when I have a problem.

You seem pretty tightly wound, lol. You're taking this football thing a little too seriously.

Bell wasted an all-time performance from Purdy and JJ.

Purdy should have another game-winning drive added to his record.

but no…
Crazy thing is they will post up on the screen "can't win without Deebo." That's not how that game went at all. But the non 49ers fans and people like Nick WRONG will eat it up. Never mind the total collapse on defense, special teams, coaching and all the drops. Brock played almost the perfect game running and passing. But it will be forgotten. Remembered will be that the 49ers lost and Purdy "lost without Deebo."

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 24, 2024 at 1:59 PM ]
Hard to hear you say anything with brock's balls in your mouth constantly

I'm pro-bock … I can also be objective and say he missed a pretty damn important play. Why can't you?

Bosa imo hasn't played to his potential. Does that mean I hate him? Trent hasn't been Trent overall. Does that mean I hate him? I should be allowed to point out good and bad with everyone (which I do). If you don't agree that he missed a wide ass open BA, let's talk about then.

His balls in my mouth? Lolol. A bit sensitive are we? Haha.

I am a fan, yeah, been waiting like 30 yrs for the next great 9er qb and I have been pretty damn excited lol. I have been pretty damn happy as a Niner fan since he took over for Jimmy. It has been a long wait! I got to see Young lift the Lombardi and Montana..it's been a while since I have been this hyped about a qb.
I will continue to have a good time while you complain about the color of 💩 haha
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Bell wasted an all-time performance from Purdy and JJ.

Purdy should have another game-winning drive added to his record.

but no…

You seem pretty tightly wound, lol. You're taking this football thing a little too seriously.

I'm actually the opposite of that lol. Listening to the same dudes act like I'm something I'm not is chickens**t.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 24, 2024 at 2:35 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yeah, same goes for me. As well as Purdy played, latching on to this one play is unreasonable.

In a close loss. Its perfectly reasonable to talk about a missed play that wins the game.

So he missed that one, then went right back in the air to Ronnie Bell. Then what happen? The game could've been won off of that too.

And Ronnie Bell is rightfully getting killed for that.

Just saying moving on to the next play, Brock tried to redeem himself with that deep pass to Bell.

Originally posted by Montana:
His balls in my mouth? Lolol. A bit sensitive are we? Haha.

I am a fan, yeah, been waiting like 30 yrs for the next great 9er qb and I have been pretty damn excited lol. I have been pretty damn happy as a Niner fan since he took over for Jimmy. It has been a long wait! I got to see Young lift the Lombardi and Montana..it's been a while since I have been this hyped about a qb.
I will continue to have a good time while you complain about the color of 💩 haha

You're the one that can't handle any criticism. Not even one play lol. talk about sensitive.

look you do you, I really don't care…I haven't said anything negative to you in this place since you been here.

I have a problem when you try to label be as some hater because you don't like one piece of criticism coming his way.

You don't want to talk about the football game and be a cheerleader that's fine. Don't get mad at me if I would like to discuss more than that.
Share 49ersWebzone