LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 244 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Montana:
Isn't NY the same guy that was crying about BP's arm and arm strength..not sure if he could throw it deep or whatever? Not athletic enough? Basically, just likes to whine whilst not making good points at all? Lol

Why not simply discuss the subject instead of NY tho?

tbh.... I dont check the thread to read a bunch of pages about NY.

The offseason's over. We have a ton football we can review weekly now.
Maybe because the subject has been discussed to death and NY made himself the subject with how he went about it.
[ Edited by DaleGribble on Sep 24, 2024 at 9:23 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Isn't NY the same guy that was crying about BP's arm and arm strength..not sure if he could throw it deep or whatever? Not athletic enough? Basically, just likes to whine whilst not making good points at all? Lol

It'll be easier to discuss if people are honest about what happened during the game, especially particular plays that they want to criticize.
lol I wonder what Brock was thinking looking toward Aiyuk running wide open for a td... but didn't throw it... this bum gonna drop another one lol....
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Any updates on Brock's back mri ?

No disc herniations, nerve damage? McKivitz job still intact as long as Brock can walk without a limp.

Day to day

+ Scans were negative for any specific injury

Good news. As long as we have Brock we have a chance.
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
lol I wonder what Brock was thinking looking toward Aiyuk running wide open for a td... but didn't throw it... this bum gonna drop another one lol....

From what shanahan said aiyuk's route was supposed to be a deep curl but ended up running a go route when he realized that it was a busted coverage. It caught purdy by surprise thats why he didn't pull the trigger
Originally posted by Furlow:

It'll be easier to discuss if people are honest about what happened during the game, especially particular plays that they want to criticize.

Cool story. Now back to the 49ers instead of "people."
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Maybe because the subject has been discussed to death and NY made himself the subject with how he went about it.

Most certainly didn't make it about me.

the actual convo about the play and what happened was short…it's the personal attacking about me that went on for pages (and me defending myself). I almost never make it about me, others do because they are incapable of having a convo about actual football.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Yes, It would be much easier to have good convos in here IF folks were honest about what happened on the field….like always people don't SO they deflect and tried to make it about me (or whomever).

how about we start over and keep personal s**t out of it? You don't like my take on a play, okay let's talk about it instead of pretend I have some ulterior motive…because for me it's not that deep.
Originally posted by jed_X:
From what shanahan said aiyuk's route was supposed to be a deep curl but ended up running a go route when he realized that it was a busted coverage. It caught purdy by surprise thats why he didn't pull the trigger

Imo while this is probably true. Brock and BA were literally staring at each other. It's a broken coverage and both sides need to understand and adjust. BA did that and ran where he's suppose too. Brock needs to throw the ball in that situation.

QBs don't really have time to think. They just react to what they see. He certainly isn't thinking about whether the receiver will drop the ball. Yes he probably should have thrown that pass but for whatever reason he didn't. I'm not going to criticize a guy that had one of his best games ever. especially when he and Jennings were the only ones that played great.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

QBs don't really have time to think. They just react to what they see. He certainly isn't thinking about whether the receiver will drop the ball. Yes he probably should have thrown that pass but for whatever reason he didn't. I'm not going to criticize a guy that had one of his best games ever. especially when he and Jennings were the only ones that played great.

Shanahan said something about Purdy wasn't sure where the free safety was. We have the benefit of All-22 and hindsight to see the FS was away from the potential play. I see it as Purdy protected the ball from what was for him (in a short moment) and unknown. Missed opportunity, but I don't mind the process that led to it. He has shown the ability to learn from his mistakes. I think he might grow a bit more from this.
It is not probably true..it IS true lol. Did you ever feel like reading up on what Shanny said about the play? Good gosh, let it die lol.

Kyle said...like was mentioned before..the Rams had a major defensive backfield f**k up, SO BAD that is caused confusion. But this doesn't matter to you, you just wanna complain about how Purdy didn't let it rip. How obtuse. So much fixation on this play. It's odd lol. You wanna talk football? Good but you aren't even talking football you are just stomping your feet over one play.
It is not probably true..it IS true lol. Did you ever feel like reading up on what Shanny said about the play? Good gosh, let it die lol.

Kyle said...like was mentioned before..the Rams had a major defensive backfield f**k up, SO BAD that is caused confusion. But this doesn't matter to you, you just wanna complain about how Purdy didn't let it rip. How obtuse. So much fixation on this play. It's odd lol. You wanna talk football? Good but you aren't even talking football you are just stomping your feet over one play.

How about ya'll let it ago and stop posting about ME. That's the problem. I'm reply to crap posts about me.

There should be nothing confusing about a WR with no one around him for at least 10 yards and you're both staring at each other.

complaining about missing a massive play that would have ended the game isn't allowed because why? Instead of defending Brock no matter what….why not say yeah let it f**king rip? Be cool to have some objective banter in here for a change.

I have no problem moving on. It was one pretty big play. Brock is still a baller and I'm not worried about him at all….I will however continue to call out BS when I see it, especially when it's directed at me.

so use your own advice and move on.
Thought this was a big boy throw right here

Yes, that's what was said about the play and it doesn't change the fact it was a throw Purdy turned down. JT O'Sullivan on his QB School podcast has commented in the past that Brock Purdy has a habit of turning down open shots down the field so maybe it's also a habit of Brock's? We can say it was a bad play and also recognize that Brock Purdy is an excellent QB. This may be sacrilege here but Montana was never as gifted physically with deep balls like Marino was, he was more efficient. Brock is a great QB and yes, he turned down what could have been a game winner. He still played great. If our defense wasn't playing confused out there and our special teams totally lost we'd be having a different conversation for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone