There are 204 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Unfortunately for Brock, if the 49'ers do not win this year, plays like missing Ayiuk will be used against him getting a top contract. The argument will be that top QBs do not make mistakes like that which cost the team wins.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Maybe because the subject has been discussed to death and NY made himself the subject with how he went about it.

Most certainly didn't make it about me.

the actual convo about the play and what happened was short…it's the personal attacking about me that went on for pages (and me defending myself). I almost never make it about me, others do because they are incapable of having a convo about actual football.
You were the one that wouldn't let it go because people didn't see it your way and that's nothing new and when you constantly try and shove your opinions down people's throats and accuse them of not being capable of talking about actual football what kind of response do expect?

How were you personally attacked? because unless your talking about people accusing you of being biased I missed it,but I did see where you unprovoked accused someone of having Brocks balls in their mouth.
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Unfortunately for Brock, if the 49'ers do not win this year, plays like missing Ayiuk will be used against him getting a top contract. The argument will be that top QBs do not make mistakes like that which cost the team wins.

lol no they wont. He is definitely getting a record breaking type deal. Brock has been fantastic so far this year. Nothing about his game on Sunday was the reason we lost. He didn't throw that ball because he wasn't sure where the S was, and he didn't have time to check before he saw another open guy.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
You were the one that wouldn't let it go because people didn't see it your way and that's nothing new and when you constantly try and shove your opinions down people's throats and accuse them of not being capable of talking about actual football what kind of response do expect?

How were you personally attacked? because unless your talking about people accusing you of being biased I missed it,but I did see where you unprovoked accused someone of having Brocks balls in their mouth.

Skewed opinions based off fandom and bias. That's what I'm talking about. I've literally provided the film for everyone to see. Nope no way could it be Brock simply not pulling the trigger. Had to be either the WRs fault OR some crazy idea that the play was so busted that he simply couldn't play catch with BA with no one remotely close to him.

Dude, I'm constantly attacked as bias every single damn time I don't say something amazing about Brock….It immediately goes to well aren't you the guy that wasn't completely sold on Brock from day 1. weren't you saying you wanted to see Lance actually play football first, or Brock is short and has an avg arm (which is true). Never mind the dozens and dozens of pro-Brock posts I have….Yeah that's the replies I get.

When some rando that I never talk to pulls that s**t out with the full intention of diminishing my opinion because their MO is Brock Purdy is Tom Brady….why can't I call that out (it's what everyone tries to do to me)? Not once have I seen him objectively say you know what that was a bad throw. Maybe he missed that read, which would have won the game….nope can't say that. I'm just a hater or some s**t.

I'm never the person whose first response is to diminish the poster and not the post. When they start going in that direction…then all bets are off. Case in point when all a poster does is suck on Brock's nuts and can't have one objective post about him. Like I said go be a cheerleader, that's fine. You do you….Acting like you're some objective poster when you're clearly not….then having the gall to call me out is ridiculous.

look I like Brock, dude is damn good and I'm more than happy he's our guy…unlike others I have no problem criticizing any player (yes even Shanahan) if there's an objective point to be had.
Skewed opinions based off fandom and bias. That's what I'm talking about. I've literally provided the film for everyone to see. Nope no way could it be Brock simply not pulling the trigger. Had to be either the WRs fault OR some crazy idea that the play was so busted that he simply couldn't play catch with BA with no one remotely close to him.

Dude, I'm constantly attacked as bias every single damn time I don't say something amazing about Brock….It immediately goes to well aren't you the guy that wasn't completely sold on Brock from day 1. weren't you saying you wanted to see Lance actually play football first, or Brock is short and has an avg arm (which is true). Never mind the dozens and dozens of pro-Brock posts I have….Yeah that's the replies I get.

When some rando that I never talk to pulls that s**t out with the full intention of diminishing my opinion because their MO is Brock Purdy is Tom Brady….why can't I call that out (it's what everyone tries to do to me)? Not once have I seen him objectively say you know what that was a bad throw. Maybe he missed that read, which would have won the game….nope can't say that. I'm just a hater or some s**t.

I'm never the person whose first response is to diminish the poster and not the post. When they start going in that direction…then all bets are off. Case in point when all a poster does is suck on Brock's nuts and can't have one objective post about him. Like I said go be a cheerleader, that's fine. You do you….Acting like you're some objective poster when you're clearly not….then having the gall to call me out is ridiculous.

look I like Brock, dude is damn good and I'm more than happy he's our guy…unlike others I have no problem criticizing any player (yes even Shanahan) if there's an objective point to be had.

just post once and end it. you are spamming with this take 100x to just keep it going. come on now.
And anyway moving on…..
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
just post once and end it. you are spamming with this take 100x to just keep it going. come on now.

I'm reply to someone that's calling me out for whatever. Yell at them for continuing this.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 25, 2024 at 9:40 AM ]
Bad throws and missed opportunities do happen, all the time, to every QB at every level. No problems mentioning it. It is harping on about it, getting wrapped around the axel over it. Paying a complement with one hand, slapping with the other - this is the pattern. It has simply grown tiresome, BUT, I was a dick about it. Sorry for that.

Brock did miss that opportunity. I just find the pitiful defense and special teams far more glaring a problem. Despite that missed opportunity, the offense was clicking really well, but we won't win many games if the defense always allows the other team to answer, or, if the special teams can cover kicks/punts.
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:

Forgive me for saying, but that is an absolutely ridiculous take. It happens all the time. No QB can go through their career and, at some point, not make a mistake that is perceived to have game changing consequences. There are arguments on both sides of that play. Since I assume Shanahan has talked to Brock about it, I'll probably go with his explanation, which was that Brock was surprised by the bust in coverage and it took him a little longer to process it than it normally does. There is also the idea that it would have needed to be a deep and accurate throw to pay it off and maybe he felt, at that particular moment, he wasn't in the best position to make it and wanted to protect the ball.

There is also the question of Aiyuk's previous drop, or Ronnie Bell's drop, or Campbell's 25-yard interference penalty. You could just as easily argue that those plays cost them the game, or the lack of a pass rush, or the overall bad play of the defense. It's like Jimmy missing that ball to Sanders. There were plenty of other reasons why they lost that game, that just happens to be the one that stands out, so people glom onto it and insist, I mean just insist, that it was THAT play that cost them the game. Which has always struck me as kind of a lazy and ignorant argument as people generally prefer to look for an easy scapegoat rather than accept that in a team game like football there is usually more than enough blame to go around in a loss. Just as a win usually requires everyone's contribution.

Originally posted by 49ers81:
Forgive me for saying, but that is an absolutely ridiculous take. It happens all the time. No QB can go through their career and, at some point, not make a mistake that is perceived to have game changing consequences. There are arguments on both sides of that play. Since I assume Shanahan has talked to Brock about it, I'll probably go with his explanation, which was that Brock was surprised by the bust in coverage and it took him a little longer to process it than it normally does. There is also the idea that it would have needed to be a deep and accurate throw to pay it off and maybe he felt, at that particular moment, he wasn't in the best position to make it and wanted to protect the ball.

There is also the question of Aiyuk's previous drop, or Ronnie Bell's drop, or Campbell's 25-yard interference penalty. You could just as easily argue that those plays cost them the game, or the lack of a pass rush, or the overall bad play of the defense. It's like Jimmy missing that ball to Sanders. There were plenty of other reasons why they lost that game, that just happens to be the one that stands out, so people glom onto it and insist, I mean just insist, that it was THAT play that cost them the game. Which has always struck me as kind of a lazy and ignorant argument as people generally prefer to look for an easy scapegoat rather than accept that in a team game like football there is usually more than enough blame to go around in a loss. Just as a win usually requires everyone's contribution.

Brock was one of the best players on the field last Sunday. He also missed that play that would have put the nail in the coffin. Both things can be true.

If Brock plays like he did on Sunday, this team is gonna win a ton of f**king games. Like you said the rest of team needs to get their s**t together. There's a lot of blame to go around, Brock isn't even close to the problem right now. He balled out
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
It'll be easier to discuss if people are honest about what happened during the game, especially particular plays that they want to criticize.

Yes, It would be much easier to have good convos in here IF folks were honest about what happened on the field….like always people don't SO they deflect and tried to make it about me (or whomever).

how about we start over and keep personal s**t out of it? You don't like my take on a play, okay let's talk about it instead of pretend I have some ulterior motive…because for me it's not that deep.

Cool let's start over. Do you believe Kyle (and what it looked like while watching the game) that Purdy saw Aiyuk but turned it down? Or are you saying he's lying and you think Purdy missed it?
It'll be easier to discuss if people are honest about what happened during the game, especially particular plays that they want to criticize.

Yes, It would be much easier to have good convos in here IF folks were honest about what happened on the field….like always people don't SO they deflect and tried to make it about me (or whomever).

how about we start over and keep personal s**t out of it? You don't like my take on a play, okay let's talk about it instead of pretend I have some ulterior motive…because for me it's not that deep.

Cool let's start over. Do you believe Kyle (and what it looked like while watching the game) that Purdy saw Aiyuk but turned it down? Or are you saying he's lying and you think Purdy missed it?

now you're just getting him going again oh dear
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Brock did miss that opportunity. I just find the pitiful defense and special teams far more glaring a problem. Despite that missed opportunity, the offense was clicking really well, but we won't win many games if the defense always allows the other team to answer, or, if the special teams can['t] cover kicks/punts.

Exactly.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 25, 2024 at 11:14 AM ]

Why not ask Brock about it? I think Kyle is protecting his QB and explain the play and what happened from an X's and O's standpoint. Coverage breakdown and BA changed his route because that's what he's suppose to do when that happens. Run to the massive void in the field.

No, I do not believe that Brock didn't see BA when we can all clearly see in the film that he and BA were legit staring directly at each other. No I do not believe he refused to throw it because he doesn't "trust" BA.

Brock for whatever reason didn't throw it and Kyle said its probably because he didn't know where the FS was…because he was legit on the other side of the field. I chalk it up to a brain fart or whatever. Happens. Not the end of the world, but because I said it there's gotta be some other motive

Brock makes that play more than he doesn't. We see broken coverage explosives all the time…especially vs us lol. That should have been a game sealing TD.

like I've been saying Brock balled out, he sure as s**t wasn't the reason we lost. Plenty of other things led to that. He hits that play then none of that s**t matters though. Same as if Moody hits the FG or Bell catches that ball.
Share 49ersWebzone