LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 185 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He should've made the throw. Is it worth picking apart like this? No.

My favorite play was the run where he got the edge somehow then stretched out and got the first down. Those are special plays that don't go on the stat sheet but they are huge... He had a couple of these plays actually.

In the end we lost another game that we shouldn't have lost. A game where we were in complete control and went braindead in all 3 phases....again.....
Originally posted by jed_X:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
lol I wonder what Brock was thinking looking toward Aiyuk running wide open for a td... but didn't throw it... this bum gonna drop another one lol....

From what shanahan said aiyuk's route was supposed to be a deep curl but ended up running a go route when he realized that it was a busted coverage. It caught purdy by surprise thats why he didn't pull the trigger

that makes sense.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
lol I wonder what Brock was thinking looking toward Aiyuk running wide open for a td... but didn't throw it... this bum gonna drop another one lol....

QBs don't really have time to think. They just react to what they see. He certainly isn't thinking about whether the receiver will drop the ball. Yes he probably should have thrown that pass but for whatever reason he didn't. I'm not going to criticize a guy that had one of his best games ever. especially when he and Jennings were the only ones that played great.

So he didn't react to a open receiver lol....... I'm not even criticizing him, I literally just said I wonder what he's thinking... please don't make every post that doesn't say PURDY IS AWESOME AND NEVER MAKES MISTAKES sound like we hate him and want him to do bad.... this is why QB threads are so crazy at times lol...
Originally posted by jed_X:

From what shanahan said aiyuk's route was supposed to be a deep curl but ended up running a go route when he realized that it was a busted coverage. It caught purdy by surprise thats why he didn't pull the trigger

that makes sense.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

QBs don't really have time to think. They just react to what they see. He certainly isn't thinking about whether the receiver will drop the ball. Yes he probably should have thrown that pass but for whatever reason he didn't. I'm not going to criticize a guy that had one of his best games ever. especially when he and Jennings were the only ones that played great.

So he didn't react to a open receiver lol....... I'm not even criticizing him, I literally just said I wonder what he's thinking... please don't make every post that doesn't say PURDY IS AWESOME AND NEVER MAKES MISTAKES sound like we hate him and want him to do bad.... this is why QB threads are so crazy at times lol...

Scroll back a couple pages. Summarized: behind the chains on an important drive emphasized making the right play… coupled with coverage busted so emphatically that in the split second look he gave BA he quickly assumed there was an unseen defender back there (8 in coverage, after all) and, given the circumstances, quickly moved off the read and onto a guaranteed yardage play.

Wrong decision. Right thought process. I'd imagine he will improve in this area as he gets more experience
And all the hoopla about him not trusting BA to catch it is silly…. However I do think it's probable that Purdy didn't trust that BA was running the right route. Meaning, the typical indicator of "BA broke off his curl route and ran a go instead" that would usually trigger purdy throwing that ball may have puzzled purdy instead… "did he just run the wrong route?"
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
And all the hoopla about him not trusting BA to catch it is silly…. However I do think it's probable that Purdy didn't trust that BA was running the right route. Meaning, the typical indicator of "BA broke off his curl route and ran a go instead" that would usually trigger purdy throwing that ball may have puzzled purdy instead… "did he just run the wrong route?"

This is what it is, though I wouldn't say right or wrong in terms of the route. I would think he just wasn't sure whether Aiyuk was going to run his route or continue to run through open space downfield.

It's just an example of not being on the same page as the receiver (or at least not feeling that you are).
This thread is beginning to remind me a lot of the time Jimmy hit Deebo on a pass against Chicago that may have been underthrown by design or by accident, but which Deebo caught and took in for a TD. Page after page after page arguing about whether it was a bad pass or not. The ball was caught and went for a TD, all the rest was just noise. The same with this, he chose not to throw it, if you want to know why you'll have to ask Brock. I know Shanahan had an opinion, but I haven't seen that Brock has actually weighed in. Perhaps it will come up in the pre-game presser for NE and then we'll all know what Brock was thinking at the time. At which point you can all find some other thing to obsess about.
Thank God he is ok.

If the Oline continues to struggle.. Kyle better start moving the pocket every now and then.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The difference between being good and elite is making those types of throws though

Classic Purdy hater take. If he doesn't make a play, it's because he's not elite. Elite QBs make every play available and put up 40 points a game

Now I understand why you can't accept Kyles answer. A satisfactory answer would've been "Purdy didn't make the throw because he's not elite". We've gone from he's not better than Trey, to he's not elite. Great job
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 26, 2024 at 3:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
So you're admitting that Purdy saw him, and turned it down. Then it's not a "miss." Coverage, down and distance, and game situation all play a part in a QB's decision making.

Since you know that Purdy turned it down and didn't miss it, why do you keep saying it was a miss? And not just once, you now have dozens of posts this week about it. Is this one throw really THAT important to you in your analysis of Purdy or this particular game?

This is what we're struggling to understand about your position.

How is not throwing the ball to a wide open WR that you literally are staring at…. Not a miss? That's the definition of a miss.

I'm not constantly rehashing this play. I'm replying to the dozens of posts that either want to s**t on me because I brought up a MISSED opportunity/play that would have won the game or are giving their opinion on it and talking about it.

Again for the 1,000th time Brock played amazing dude was the best guy on the field. He also MISSED this play that would have won the game regardless of all the other crap that happened.

Not sure why that's so hard for some of you to accept? I would love to talk about other plays from that game and not have to constantly defend myself over one observation.

so let's talk about other plays
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 26, 2024 at 3:25 AM ]

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Classic Purdy hater take. If he doesn't make a play, it's because he's not elite. Elite QBs make every play available and put up 40 points a game

Now I understand why you can't accept Kyles answer. His satisfactory answer would've been "Purdy didn't make the throw because he's not elite". We've gone from he's not better than Trey, to he's not elite. Great job

Oh f**k off with that nonsense. He missed that play plain and simple. Happens but yes the elite guys hit that. Mahomes has done that s**t to us multiple times.

also my definition of "elite" is different then whatever you think it is clearly. Brock is a really good young QB in this league, who's still learning and developing.

you can't have a convo about the actual play. You have to revert to calling someone a hater because that's all you got.

I mean he basically said it was a miss. s**t happens.

What's funny is I'm literally one of the only posters who ALSO posted positive plays/info about Brock from this week. Crickets there from ya.

moving on.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 26, 2024 at 3:24 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Oh f**k off with that nonsense. He missed that play plain and simple. Happens but yes the elite guys hit that. Mahomes has done that s**t to us multiple times.

also my definition of "elite" is different then whatever you think it is clearly.

you can't have a convo about the actual play. You have to revert to calling someone a hater because that's all you got.

I mean he basically said it was a miss. s**t happens.

What's funny is I'm literally one of the only posters who ALSO posted positive plays/info about Brock from this week. Crickets there from ya.

You fought tooth and nail about this kid needing to compete with Trey Lance. Theres been something there from the start that you just didn't get. I'd stop betting against him if I were you

Now I understand why you can't accept Kyles answer. A satisfactory answer would've been "Purdy didn't make the throw because he's not elite". We've gone from he's not better than Trey, to he's not elite. Great job

Not elite

[ Edited by krizay on Sep 26, 2024 at 3:46 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Not elite

Another good example of missed throws those elite QBs make. Pats almost there though

You fought tooth and nail about this kid needing to compete with Trey Lance. Theres been something there from the start that you just didn't get. I'd stop betting against him if I were you

Years ago man. Get over it. I did. Once Lance was gone the choice was made and it was clearly the correct one. I've been nothing but supportive of Brock. I was hesitant at first and any normal person should have been. Sorry I wasn't "all in" day 1. That doesn't make me a bad fan or a hater. No matter how hard to try to push that crap.

if you want to hold onto that grudge, that's a you problem.

Show me anywhere from this week where I "bet against" Brock? Quit making up s**t to avoid having a convo about one play that could have won the game. Again Brock was a stud that game. I've said that over and over and even posted clips of great throws he made. You didn't respond to any of that….why? Because you're trying to be some vindictive poster for whatever reason. Get over it.
Share 49ersWebzone