LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 212 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I swear that's why he left the forum. I thought it was that he had spun his web of lies so much he snapped.

HA tough to keep all that s**t straight. Too bad I didn't mind him half the time.

Is that what happened? I was wondering where he's been.

I love posting and sharing opinions with fans on this forum. My long time friend and season ticket partner died 2 years ago and I don't know a lot of die hard Niners fans in Eugene so I don't have a lot of people to talk Niner football with. It's one reason my posts often run long. Agree or disagree. I don't really care. Most of these posts are just opinions so there is no right or wrong.

I get that. I went through a similar experience. Quit watching, reading, posting for several years.
We enjoy your posts! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Folks don't engage the trolls, just hit report and move on, mods will clean it up.

BS you tell us who it was! Unless....it was you!
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I want the let it rip Purdy back. He was always look deep then come in. WTH.

When the weak link on your OL is right up the gut, I don't blame the QB for being ready to bail.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I did exactly what you did. Found some obscure play to diminish the worth of your point. Figures you'd go that route instead of talk about the play 🐸 ☕️

It was a miss opportunity for sure. You just happened to go overboard with your difference between elite and good comment. It's that part of your posts that people usually attack.

I totally agree it was a miss. I don't however think that is the difference between elite and good. That's just silly.

My post of an elite missing a read/throw was just me showing you how silly that portion of your post/point was.

Those over the top comments is the part of your posts most of the posters who @ you are usually referring to. Your gist is rarely the issue. It's the silly added stuff
Originally posted by krizay:
It was a miss opportunity for sure. You just happened to go overboard with your difference between elite and good comment. It's that part of your posts that people usually attack.

I totally agree it was a miss. I don't however think that is the difference between elite and good. That's just silly.

My post of an elite missing a read/throw was just me showing you how silly that portion of your post/point was.

Those over the top comments is the part of your posts most of the posters who @ you are usually referring to. Your gist is rarely the issue. It's the silly added stuff

that comment was based off someone else talking about what JTO saw on film from multiple games. Missing some of those explosive plays…It wasn't just that one play.

like I've said he's a good young QB who's still learning. The whole good vs elite thing is a subjective take.
During the game, I could just imagine Brendel wishing he could sit on Purdy's lap like a b!tch
Originally posted by random49er:

meh. Just give me EPA. I need points on the board and there isint a ton of added gray areas.

Curving/Adjusting a guy's EPA total in rankings to being higher due to mishaps on the field really doesnt make much sense. At the end of the day either your team scored or they didn't,...which is kinda the point behind EPA using historical data.

Actually, EPA is meant to measure exactly the opposite of what you're saying. In a vacuum and not considering the talent (or lack there of) around Brock, how can we expect Brock to perform.

to achieve what you're looking for, simple stats and score will suffice.

in the past, Brock's EPA has suffered due to having amazing playmakers… hard to find value in the QB when every other ball carrier is a legit home run threat
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 26, 2024 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Actually, EPA is meant to measure exactly the opposite of what you're saying. In a vacuum and not considering the talent (or lack there of) around Brock, how can we expect Brock to perform.

to achieve what you're looking for, simple stats and score will suffice.

in the past, Brock's EPA has suffered due to having amazing playmakers… hard to find value in the QB when every other ball carrier is a legit home run threat

Might you be getting offensive EPA and team EPA confused? Not only was Purdy helped by great playmakers, he led the league in EPA Per Dropback last year (0.292).

Running plays (from other great playmakers as u mentioned) are excluded. But that helps him immensely with play action passing success.

And my understanding of EPA is that Deebo or Kittle taking 5 yard passes for 25 yards gives Brock credit for the completion gain and partial credit for all of that YAC since his pass set it up.

Avoiding loss of yardage, RZ efficiency, TDs thrown, etc., all contribute. Right now he is around #7,...was like #10 or so the week before. Obviously, I'd think it's kinda lame at this point to find an alternative EPA to boost him back up to #1.

We were missing 3 All-Pro players on offense. When he gets those back consistently, I'm sure things will skyrocket.
Bills have no name dudes at WR but their offense is looking better than ever because Allen is actually being given time to throw.

Bills have no name dudes at WR but their offense is looking better than ever because Allen is actually being given time to throw.

Allen has only had 6 pressures in 3 weeks? Wow. Actually having a running game has helped as well from what I've seen.

Actually...time to throw is not accounted for in pressures. So if our QB holds onto the ball forever and eventually gets pressured...it's still going to count as a pressure.

I'd look closer at things like blitzes. Clearly, they are going after Brock more, which would naturally go with being hurried more.

The question you all can really answer here is why?

But yea...those low totals of air yards suggest that Allen is getting the ball out of his hands fairly quickly (edit: just confirmed that he indeed is thus far this year compared to his career avg),...and obviously, u cant be pressured as much if that happens.

And confirmed that brock is getting/spending more time back there before pressure than everyone outside of Dak Prescott thus far (per NextGen).

So I can take that and spin it the exact other way on the "great" protection" he is getting,...or talk of the indecisiveness with the ball, or lack of players open, etc.

Either way, if u are going to hold onto the ball more, u are going to be pressured more.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 26, 2024 at 3:12 PM ]

Keep wasting them picks
Share 49ersWebzone