LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 184 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
So. Brock just went on record with his version of the Aiyuk play, which more or less aligns with what I had suggested earlier. He said Aiyuk made the right play to run to open grass when the opportunity presented itself, but that he (Brock) wasn't sure where the safety was and given the situation on the field in terms of down, distance, and score he felt the smart move was to protect the ball. Hopefully, that will put an end to all of the "oh, he missed the throw" talk. He chose not to take it; he didn't miss it.

Maybe things are getting a little lost in translation? "Missed" has more than one meaning.

IS that really where we want to take this conversation?

another 12 pages on this down, debating what context the word missed is being applied?

Brock saw the player, did not know if the safety was lurking, and chose to not risk the ball on an unknown.

He did not "miss" the pass progression, he lost track of the safety.....

At the worst, he passed up an opportunity, like every QB in the NFL does every game, in this case it was a chunk play....was not the first, and will not be the last.....there will be a similar thing happen tonight, and again on Sunday...and again on Monday....it happens in every game...
Don't let that guy bait you. Online people are full of trolls. What I don't understand is why they are picking on Brock, when he was NOT the problem with and is NOT the problem with this team. Use the ignore function and let those people continue to whine.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Brock is why this season is not 2020. I love these charts the last 2 years, I'm just used to seeing Brock all alone in the upper right. it's fun
I just want them to get serious about actually protecting him. Fans and the organization have been waiting a long time for a QB like this and they're just sending him out there to take a beating.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I just want them to get serious about actually protecting him. Fans and the organization have been waiting a long time for a QB like this and they're just sending him out there to take a beating.

You and me both!!!

I've been wanting them to draft a top Center or spend money on a top Center for the longest time!!! Center and Right Tackle to be exact!!!!!

I feel like they're using this season to let things play out. Then next season when they finally re-sign Brock, that's when they'll rework the O-line.
100%
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Sep 26, 2024 at 8:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone