Originally posted by Dshearn:
I dunno man...it feels like that should be the shift....doesn't it?

We are there now....we are at that point....

We have a QB that wants to get chunk plays, We have a QB that can run a legit offense, We no longer need gadget plays as training wheels. Last game it sure looked like we have a QB that can make use of random players plugged into the offense.

No Deebo, No CMC, No Kittle...no problem.....

It sure seems like the team is at that point.

Maybe it is the time to move funds from "guys who score TDs" to the guys who keep a potential MVP QB upright.

Team building is a laid out well in advance kind of thing. I don't fault the team to prioritizing skill players like they have in the past, we had a quick release QB, then a scrambling mobile QB....I don't fault the team for thinking they need skill players that can score off of screens and gadget plays...and using funds to get those players....

but that is not the offense anymore.....

They have a Franchise QB, that will reward them for pass blocking. The better the blocking, the more reward Brock can produce....

It is time to change the thinking on the line and beef it the hell up ( well actually...yesterday was the time...but whatever....)

If you have a really good QB, elite weapons matter less than just giving them time to throw it. Obviously the more talent you have the better but like I said in the offseason, I'd like to see Kyle take the approach that Sean Payton did with Brees, an undersized rhythm passer that never really had amazing weapons to throw to but what he did have was a formidable brick wall of an OL especially on the inside.