LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 216 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He threw it late. Whatever chemistry he had with Aiyuk is gone. He's unfriended him and Jennings is his new BFF.

Honestly if that was to jennings, he either breaks it up or catches it

JJ plays the WR position with violence and I love it!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If you have a really good QB, elite weapons matter less than just giving them time to throw it. Obviously the more talent you have the better but like I said in the offseason, I'd like to see Kyle take the approach that Sean Payton did with Brees, an undersized rhythm passer that never really had amazing weapons to throw to but what he did have was a formidable brick wall of an OL especially on the inside.

This. All day, every day.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Deebo and BA look so replaceable right now......

What does CMC,BA and Deebo make combined? Because as long as you have Brock, it really does feel like you can reasonably find people to do what they are doing for a hell of alot less money.

Agreed. Look at Mahomes. I think Brock is in the same mold, he can win with C+ and B- weapons. He doesn't need A+ weapons. We just need A+ o line
best play of the day was the kittle touchdown. What an amazing play by Kittle.

best throw AND catch was the Jennings ball. Awesome throw and awesome catch.

Aiyuk had two catches… so I guess he's improving. lol

it's clear our team has a lot to work out but I love getting a W! Let's keep stacking days baby
I'm pretty confident he's a top 5 qb in the league today.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I'm pretty confident he's a top 5 qb in the league today.

i thought he played better than his stats showed. forced the ball to BA late tho.

His deep ball was looking pretty.

not sure what happened on the INT. Its nice that it is shocking when he does that. I expected it at least once a game with his predecessors

Thank you Shawn Purdy
[ Edited by _Goldblooded_ on Sep 29, 2024 at 5:09 PM ]
#1 passing yards.
# 1 YPA
# 6 QB rating.

Also have people noticed we run almost no screen passes compared to other teams? There was a graphic during the game today that we were dead last YAC this year. And he is still putting up those stats and carrying the team. Terrible decision on the INT though.
Brock can play. The quality of QBs is improving all the time. The rules are making it easier for them to run the offense.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
#1 passing yards.
# 1 YPA
# 6 QB rating.

Also have people noticed we run almost no screen passes compared to other teams? There was a graphic during the game today that we were dead last YAC this year. And he is still putting up those stats and carrying the team. Terrible decision on the INT though.

He's such a badass

Watching him is the same joy I get out of watching Steph on the Warriors
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 29, 2024 at 5:14 PM ]
He played very well overall. NY will talk about his 1 int for an entire week.

#1 passing yards.
# 1 YPA
# 6 QB rating.

I mostly hated it because it killed is 100+ rating streak. Not sure what he saw on that play but it seemed like there was nothing there but defenders.
I really don't want to see those running around figure 8 scrambles. Something bad gonna happen
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I really don't want to see those running around figure 8 scrambles. Something bad gonna happen

He did that at Iowa State all the time. Haha.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
#1 passing yards.
# 1 YPA
# 6 QB rating.

He's such a badass

Watching him is the same joy I get out of watching Steph on the Warriors

Yeah, he's an awesome qb and I thoroughly enjoy watching him. He isn't perfect but extremely good.

hes played really well with not much help and a ton of key injuries.

our WRs have the worst separation In the league, average pass blocking at best, near the top in drops, and last in the league in YAC. He's still producing and keeping us competing to win games.

once we get CMC and the offense gets out of its funk - we will be crazy dominant again!

brock is the least of my worries on this team. Also, Warner might win DPOY. Just incredible season so far
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
#1 passing yards.
# 1 YPA
# 6 QB rating.

I mostly hated it because it killed is 100+ rating streak. Not sure what he saw on that play but it seemed like there was nothing there but defenders.

I think he was under pressure and just didn't see the safety. Maybe there is more to it but I think he just made a mistake.
Share 49ersWebzone