There are 131 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have a QB
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
We have a QB

zero doubt he is a legit top 5 franchise QB....

Would not trade him for any QB right now.....dude is having a monster start to the season considering how crazy stuff is around him, dudes dropping balls, line wiffing blocks...guys in and out... there is alot of chaos......and Brock is crushing it.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
We have a QB

Where the f**k have you been the past 2 years?
Best QB in SF since Young and that's no disrespect to Garcia (who is criminally underrated and was keeping SF alive with Owens despite nearly zero supporting cast), but my god, Purdy just has it. Smart, can throw on a dime, faster and stronger and smarter than outside people want to credit him for.

He's consistent and a joy to watch. Ecstatic to watch a QB like this on this team.
Concerning the lack of speed at wr. Guys aren't getting open. Brocks making it work but the better teams in the league can easily man up and then what?

The ravens tonight did just that vs bills and they really prevented Allen from scrambling. Hopefully aiyuk or someone can start beating man coverage
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Concerning the lack of speed at wr. Guys aren't getting open. Brocks making it work but the better teams in the league can easily man up and then what?

The ravens tonight did just that vs bills and they really prevented Allen from scrambling. Hopefully aiyuk or someone can start beating man coverage

Speed isn't what creates separation. Jennings is one of the slower WRs in the league but he's also one of the best separators.

Pearsall, Jennings and Aiyuk are all good at separating.

Playing man exclusively is not how you beat the Niners.
Number #1 in passing yards in the league after 4 weeks and doing it without his best offensive weapons.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Best QB in SF since Young and that's no disrespect to Garcia (who is criminally underrated and was keeping SF alive with Owens despite nearly zero supporting cast), but my god, Purdy just has it. Smart, can throw on a dime, faster and stronger and smarter than outside people want to credit him for.

He's consistent and a joy to watch. Ecstatic to watch a QB like this on this team.

Yep, reminds me of when we had Joe and Young. That calmness, command and confidence. Like having a good sea captain, waves may be tumultuous but we have someone at the wheel where it's like, yeah, there isn't that worry, basically, it's trust. And yep, haven't felt that since Young. I had full confidence Young was going to get the trophy, we really knew after we won the NFC Champ Game against Dallas. It was ours. There was no doubt. I think Purdy will help us win again, eventually.
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 30, 2024 at 1:22 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
DBs are jumping the in breaking routes while ignoring the deep routes because, prior to today, Brock wasn't throwing them (as JT O'Sullivan pointed out many times).
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I'm pretty confident he's a top 5 qb in the league today.

We might be some tweaks on the offensive line from a very dominant multi year run with a truly elite QB.

What he is doing having to run for his life on the regular is really, really impressive. I Joe and Steve had some line issues come and go at times, but they never had to deal with this....

That's the elephant in the room the o-line.

Share 49ersWebzone