There are 194 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
A ton of folks have compared Purdy to Drew Brees, which is fine. But I've been saying for a while now that the proper comparison is Frank Tarkenton. Matt Barrows apparently agrees based on his latest article.

I see Purdy a little like Jimmy Conzelman, especially the play making ability. I remember watching Conzelman in person with my grandsons and he was all of our favorite player at the time.

(This has to be a joke or you'd be the oldest man alive)

I'm 77 and I've never heard of Jimmy Conzelman. Is he some local high school legend in Texas?
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Really didn't like the interception. Hopefully it was just a "we'll beat the Patriots anyway, gotta get Aiyuk his first TD" shot. Doing that with a 14-point lead in the red zone in the 4th quarter is inexcusable.

He had some really good deep throws though. He's on track to be our franchise QB

he will learn.....

He is coming off a nearly flawless week that the media kept asking him about one throw.....well.....he lost a defender in coverage, tried the throw and got picked off......
There is a balance to taking shots...he will get there....

Lord knows we have watched guys do less with more

If they can figure out how to keep teams from taking away that bread and butter deep crossing stuff they like to throw, plus mix in some deep connections he will be a 300-400 yard passer week in and week out.

I think it is absolutely critical that he keeps taking those shots. Yes, a bit smarter, but in my mind that shows command. It also means, regardless of whether it is with this version of the team or not, we have a chance with #13 back there.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Really didn't like the interception. Hopefully it was just a "we'll beat the Patriots anyway, gotta get Aiyuk his first TD" shot. Doing that with a 14-point lead in the red zone in the 4th quarter is inexcusable.

He had some really good deep throws though. He's on track to be our franchise QB

he will learn.....

He is coming off a nearly flawless week that the media kept asking him about one throw.....well.....he lost a defender in coverage, tried the throw and got picked off......

If they can figure out how to keep teams from taking away that bread and butter deep crossing stuff they like to throw, plus mix in some deep connections he will be a 300-400 yard passer week in and week out.

I think it is absolutely critical that he keeps taking those shots. Yes, a bit smarter, but in my mind that shows command. It also means, regardless of whether it is with this version of the team or not, we have a chance with #13 back there.

I'm not concerned about him getting hurt when scrambling. He's just as likely to get hurt in the pocket with the way this O line blocks.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

he will learn.....

I'm not concerned about him getting hurt when scrambling. He's just as likely to get hurt in the pocket with the way this O line blocks.

I feel he is safer moving around than being a standing target where he got his worst injury against the Eagles.
Brock Purdy current stats and pace he is on.

1,130 yards (#1 in the NFL at the time of this post) / 4 games = 282.5 yards per game.

5 TD's / 4 games = 1.25 TD's per game.

282.5 yards per game * 17 games = 4,802.5 - rounded = 4,803 yards (this would cause people to take notice)

1.25 TD's * 17 games = 21.25 TD's - rounded - 21 TD's.

** Last year he had several 3 TD and 4 TD games. So I think the TD #'s go up as the season goes. Lots of injuries and Aiyuk not in form have knocked the TD's down. It's early and a lot of season left. Some multiple TD games will bump this average up IMO just like last year where he had 31 TD's in 16/17 games.

For perspective right now TD totals around some of the NFL. Dak - 6, CJ Stroud - 6, Burrow - 7, Mahomes -6, Cousins - 4, Rodgers - 5. I think the more TD's will come for a lot of these as the season plays out. Offense is rusty at the beginning.

4,803 yards, 21 TD's (think the more TD's will come - 31 + TD's like last year is highly realistic IMO). 35+ would cause people to take notice. We need to better in the RZ.
Get some Deebo & CMC

Originally posted by Patton:
Get some Deebo & CMC

he will learn.....

I think the days of the 300-400 yard passer are dwindling away. I'm not saying they won't happen anymore, but QBs are throwing a historically low number of yards this year. It's all about a good run game, deceptive reverses, short passing game to create yac. Alot of teams are mimicking each other. Even Mahomes hasn't hit 300 yards this season yet. I think scoring and the total number of TDs are historically low as well.

Maybe everyone sucks and we are living in the post legends era? Are we watching extremely mid football being played by almost everyone?
Originally posted by Silky:

he will learn.....

I think the days of the 300-400 yard passer are dwindling away. I'm not saying they won't happen anymore, but QBs are throwing a historically low number of yards this year. It's all about a good run game, deceptive reverses, short passing game to create yac. Alot of teams are mimicking each other. Even Mahomes hasn't hit 300 yards this season yet. I think scoring and the total number of TDs are historically low as well.

Maybe everyone sucks and we are living in the post legends era? Are we watching extremely mid football being played by almost everyone?

Bad O-linemen era is my guess.
Originally posted by Patton:
Get some Deebo & CMC

faces Murray this week they may be the two best at keeping the play alive with their mad running around and buying time. Russ used to be good here but he's passed the torch.

Share 49ersWebzone