LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 261 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Really didn't like the interception. Hopefully it was just a "we'll beat the Patriots anyway, gotta get Aiyuk his first TD" shot. Doing that with a 14-point lead in the red zone in the 4th quarter is inexcusable.

He had some really good deep throws though. He's on track to be our franchise QB

he will learn.....

He is coming off a nearly flawless week that the media kept asking him about one throw.....well.....he lost a defender in coverage, tried the throw and got picked off......
There is a balance to taking shots...he will get there....

Lord knows we have watched guys do less with more

If they can figure out how to keep teams from taking away that bread and butter deep crossing stuff they like to throw, plus mix in some deep connections he will be a 300-400 yard passer week in and week out.

I think it is absolutely critical that he keeps taking those shots. Yes, a bit smarter, but in my mind that shows command. It also means, regardless of whether it is with this version of the team or not, we have a chance with #13 back there.

It is kinda funny that he went a week with guys saying "just throw it deep to Aiyuk even if you're not sure of the coverage" and this week he did just that and was picked. If I was big on conspiracy theories I'd almost think he did it to prove a point about wanting to be sure where the defenders are before chucking it deep.

Kind of a bit different no? The play against the Rams Yuk was wide open. The play against New England he was doubled.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Imagine if Purdy actually had an elite Oline. The narrative would then move to guy has all day to throw to his avengers, anyone can do it lol....

I think people criticize Purdy because they're racist.

Afrikan
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Kind of a bit different no? The play against the Rams Yuk was wide open. The play against New England he was doubled.

It's actually not different. You say he was wide open, and he was. Brock did not have the benefit of knowing that at the time.

The play vs NE he was not doubled. The DB on the outside drifted to that area. Brock didnt see him. Brock didnt see where the rams safety was either.
Share 49ersWebzone