LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 240 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
From cries of " doesn't throw deep" and he is just part of Kyle's program, Brock is #1 in the league with his beautiful long passes. Who else has the record of 20+ yd completions and all just spot on target? Nobody. He is what we thot when we got him. Fantastical.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Love gunslinger Brock.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Furlow:
I think people criticize Purdy because they're racist.

Afrikan

We thank you for bringing this issue to the forefront, Fur.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's like the pundits and critics don't actually watch him play. Because none of their arguments make any sense if you really do watch him.

Well, I mean the dude has been close to perfect, breaking all kinds of records..they needed *something* to come up with to talk about. So, they pull crap outta their azz and ppl just ran with it. Ppl wanna make money over debates, clicks, talk shows, I get it but it's total crap. Can I too just pull rabbits outta my arse and be an NFL talking head? Look here..rabbits, pink rabbits with purple spots..I look like a pretentious idiot but hey, whatever gets the clicks lol.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Interceptions are never good. However, doing it with a 14 point lead in the red zone in the 4th quarter might be the best time one could throw one. I mean, when would be a more ideal time to make a mistake? Big lead, deep in opponent territory, 4th quarter.....whats a better time?

I didnt have nearly the issue with Brock making a mistake there than you clearly do. It was kind of like a heat check 3 point shot attempt.

Originally posted by 8080849ers:
Can you imagine if Purdy missed a wide open receiver in the end zone like Lamar did, or scored like Josh Allen did yesterday? This forum would go nuts. Purdy takes a shot, and some forum guys are all over him. Wonder what their life is like, not making mistakes ever or taking a chance?

First of all, I said Purdy had a good game and proved himself with multiple deep shots. I'm just criticizing a really bad decision that could've cost us against a better team.

Second of all, I was criticizing the interception because a 14-point lead in field goal range early in the 4th is an absurdly bad time to throw one. A 17-point lead basically seals the win and all he had to do at that point was not turn it over. I get doing that with a 17-point lead, or even a 12-point lead, but a 14-point lead on 2nd down is just a colossally stupid time to throw it at high risk of the other team getting it. I'm sitting on the couch with no experience and know that taking a 5 or even 10-yard sack is 10x better in that situation. I would hope he does.

And I strongly disagree with the idea that it was "an absurdly bad time to throw one." I think someone could name plenty of worse times. Thats all I am saying.
Interceptions are never good. However, doing it with a 14 point lead in the red zone in the 4th quarter might be the best time one could throw one. I mean, when would be a more ideal time to make a mistake? Big lead, deep in opponent territory, 4th quarter.....whats a better time?

I didnt have nearly the issue with Brock making a mistake there than you clearly do. It was kind of like a heat check 3 point shot attempt.

Can you imagine if Purdy missed a wide open receiver in the end zone like Lamar did, or scored like Josh Allen did yesterday? This forum would go nuts. Purdy takes a shot, and some forum guys are all over him. Wonder what their life is like, not making mistakes ever or taking a chance?

First of all, I said Purdy had a good game and proved himself with multiple deep shots. I'm just criticizing a really bad decision that could've cost us against a better team.

Second of all, I was criticizing the interception because a 14-point lead in field goal range early in the 4th is an absurdly bad time to throw one. A 17-point lead basically seals the win and all he had to do at that point was not turn it over. I get doing that with a 17-point lead, or even a 12-point lead, but a 14-point lead on 2nd down is just a colossally stupid time to throw it at high risk of the other team getting it. I'm sitting on the couch with no experience and know that taking a 5 or even 10-yard sack is 10x better in that situation. I would hope he does.

And I strongly disagree with the idea that it was "an absurdly bad time to throw one." I think someone could name plenty of worse times. Thats all I am saying.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lol I have never seen that movie and now feel like I need to.
Originally posted by Montana:

Oh man, it's great .
Let Brock cook
Originally posted by Montana:

Oh man, it's great .

well like that is just your opinion man.

Good breakdown.

You just going to stalk every post I make or are you do you actually have something to add to the conversation? You disagree with my opinion?
Share 49ersWebzone