There are 250 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Interceptions are never good. However, doing it with a 14 point lead in the red zone in the 4th quarter might be the best time one could throw one. I mean, when would be a more ideal time to make a mistake? Big lead, deep in opponent territory, 4th quarter.....whats a better time?

I didnt have nearly the issue with Brock making a mistake there than you clearly do. It was kind of like a heat check 3 point shot attempt.

Originally posted by 8080849ers:
Can you imagine if Purdy missed a wide open receiver in the end zone like Lamar did, or scored like Josh Allen did yesterday? This forum would go nuts. Purdy takes a shot, and some forum guys are all over him. Wonder what their life is like, not making mistakes ever or taking a chance?

First of all, I said Purdy had a good game and proved himself with multiple deep shots. I'm just criticizing a really bad decision that could've cost us against a better team.

Second of all, I was criticizing the interception because a 14-point lead in field goal range early in the 4th is an absurdly bad time to throw one. A 17-point lead basically seals the win and all he had to do at that point was not turn it over. I get doing that with a 17-point lead, or even a 12-point lead, but a 14-point lead on 2nd down is just a colossally stupid time to throw it at high risk of the other team getting it. I'm sitting on the couch with no experience and know that taking a 5 or even 10-yard sack is 10x better in that situation. I would hope he does.

And I strongly disagree with the idea that it was "an absurdly bad time to throw one." I think someone could name plenty of worse times. Thats all I am saying.

Hey Montana threw 2 picks in the Superbowls that were FLAT OUT dropped by the defense, that likely would have set his Super Bowl record to 2-2.

There is a worse time to throw an interception

INTs that are dropped can't be counted any more than passes that are dropped can be completions. It's part of the game. We like to go back and say if only this or that had happened but we can't.

Also how many INT are the receivers fault? Such as running the wrong route or right off his hands into a defender etc.
Trent Williams is all of us on having Brock. Trent might play extra couple of years because of Brock
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
I feel like Brock has a lot of extremely awesome plays that have not counted because of drops(looking at you Aiyuk on multiple occasions) or because of penalties. Seems like more than other QBs so far in his career but maybe that's just because I notice it more?

No doubt. I can think of two egregious drops from BA. Not sure there's been more than that?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Trent Williams is all of us on having Brock. Trent might play extra couple of years because of Brock

I would love to hear his REAL thoughts on our previous QBs.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I would love to hear his REAL thoughts on our previous QBs.

He would tell it like it is, no doubt
Share 49ersWebzone