LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 296 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
with all the all 22 stuff hitting us at the midpoint in the week....

dude

duuuuudddeeeee

Brock is getting the Peyton Manning treatment....

I don't recall ANY 49er QB in my life time getting such a heavy dose of 3 man rushes.... This is the stuff they did to Peyton, the blitz did not work, the 4 man rush did not work...so teams put 8 in coverage.

You know you have arrived when teams are dropping 8 into coverage, cause they likely have tried everything else....

It's cool seeing the trendy strategies defenses are deploying to slow brock down. If brock keeps having success against 8 man coverage, we won't be seeing it anymore.

I think it will be cool to see how Spagnoulo plays him on Oct. 20th. He was so impressed by Brock in the SB, I wonder what he changes and keeps. That'll be a good one.
Lashon McCoy is a big Purdy hater. What a cesspool. The stuff he says on the show. They were listing QB's better than Purdy in the NFC. Their opinion. He had the likes of Goff, Dak and Hurts as better. Among others....

Chase Daniel and Acho are much more supportive of Purdy and generally and argued more in favor of him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Lashon McCoy is a big Purdy hater. What a cesspool. The stuff he says on the show. They were listing QB's better than Purdy in the NFC. Their opinion. He had the likes of Goff, Dak and Hurts as better. Among others....

Chase Daniel and Acho are much more supportive of Purdy and generally and argued more in favor of him.

Acho and Broussard are huge Purdy supporters.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Acho and Broussard are huge Purdy supporters.

Acho is pretty good. Chase Daniel likes him pretty much and has a lot of positive things to say. McCoy hates him. Almost on the Nick WRONG level. I mean really Dak, Hurts and Goff above him? Based on what? Certainly not wins or advancing in the playoffs or head to head. He just promotes Hurts because he played for the Eagles. Hurts is awful if you take away the running. He can't read the field, he doesn't throw accurately. He's a runner and off schedule guy. Dak never wins anything. Always chokes in the playoffs. How many times does Purdy have to beat him head to head? Still counts for nothing in the eyes of all these analysts. I think they pick combine stuff. It's just height, weight, speed. But that's not how you play QB.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 2, 2024 at 7:21 PM ]
Lashon McCoy is a big Purdy hater. What a cesspool.

Who??
Originally posted by random49er:
Lashon McCoy is a big Purdy hater. What a cesspool.

Who??
LaChona McCoy
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It was basically 1 Game that knocked Purdy out of the MVP race last year.
Originally posted by BP13:
I think it will be cool to see how Spagnoulo plays him on Oct. 20th. He was so impressed by Brock in the SB, I wonder what he changes and keeps. That'll be a good one.

Agreed. I'm really interested in this match up. If I'm the Chiefs/Spags I'm using the same defensive scheme since it worked pretty well in the Super Bowl. It is the 49ers that will likely come out with some adjustments (which they are doing already). I'm assuming Spags will adjust a bit but the basic game plan to man up on our WRs and bring the safeties into the middle (no cover 2 high) seems to be the game plan against the 49ers of the day.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

It was a really bad game. I get there was a ton of bad luck with the INTs but a QB looking that bad against a top opponent in a high-profile game of the week matters when it comes to perception and voters for the award. I think Purdy was the best QB last year but the MVP is a PR award and is biased towards east coast players.

The whole point of those shows is to create audience engagement so if they piss you off enough to post all about it, they're doing their jobs.

I like how he explained the Brock INT…DB baited him and it wasn't a bad read by Brock when he threw the ball. Sometimes you gotta give created to the defensive player, rather than blame the QB.

You seem to watch a ton of anti Purdy talking heads. Unless it's a rational take on mistakes he made etc - I don't bother wasting my time cause it's just click bait.

Brock isn't perfect but if anyone says he isn't a good qb or average etc at this point - they just don't know what they're talking about or doing it for click bait. Lol stop givin these fools what they want

Yeah, he had a rough game but the stats looked far worse than his actual performance, IMO. I believe only one of those picks was a bad/late throw by Brock.

the rest were great plays by the ravens and ball bouncing their way. But yeah - otherwise he most likely would have won it.
Originally posted by tankle104:

You seem to watch a ton of anti Purdy talking heads. Unless it's a rational take on mistakes he made etc - I don't bother wasting my time cause it's just click bait.

Brock isn't perfect but if anyone says he isn't a good qb or average etc at this point - they just don't know what they're talking about or doing it for click bait. Lol stop givin these fools what they want

Yeah you are probably right about that.
Share 49ersWebzone