LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 252 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Crossing my fingers Brock Purdy passes for 5,000 yards this season!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Honestly think he has to do that + win a Super Bowl for them to shut up. Believe it or not some will still criticize him. "Anybody could do it." "It's the Shanahan system." "He has lots of weapons."

I actually hope he doesn't. QBs with a other of passing yards are often trailing a lot of games. Looking at the short list of 5000 yard seasons only a couple ended in a SB win. Brees once did it and finished 8-8. Stafford did it in Detroit and they didn't reach the playoffs. If Brock is forced to throw that much it means the defense is allowing a lot of points. Otherwise Kyle would be running more.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I actually hope he doesn't. QBs with a other of passing yards are often trailing a lot of games. Looking at the short list of 5000 yard seasons only a couple ended in a SB win. Brees once did it and finished 8-8. Stafford did it in Detroit and they didn't reach the playoffs. If Brock is forced to throw that much it means the defense is allowing a lot of points. Otherwise Kyle would be running more.

I agree with you.

I don't care if Brock passes for 1800 yards for the year if he can win a SB.
5,000 + Super Bowl win. That's what he needs and they will finally shut up. We can win with that. He's on pace right now for 4,800+. It's not that far off.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Or it means the 49ers have three or four good WR's.

Why do you look at small sample sizes and then say....oh no, this might happen!!! My god whatta negative nancy. You named two instances, what about the ones that won or went to the Super Bowl.

Smh
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

I agree with you.

I don't care if Brock passes for 1800 yards for the year if he can win a SB.

OMG, you would care if Brock only threw for 1800 yards. Fans would then say, he's not worth the money, he sucks we can get another QB in here to do that.

I want him to win MVP + SB MVP like he was supposed to do last season
Share 49ersWebzone