LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 212 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
I still hate Brady /j lol he kinda stinks at announcing though lol

yeah. i remember Seifert and Montana couldn't do it. meanwhile Mark Sanchez and Romo are naturals. go figure.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

yeah. i remember Seifert and Montana couldn't do it. meanwhile Mark Sanchez and Romo are naturals. go figure.

Announcing is much different than playing. Just like coaching is much different from playing. Just because you were great in one category doesn't mean you will be in another. Completely different skill sets. Sometimes a star player had it easy because of skills and can't teach as effectively or be a coach. Because they just can't understand how the guys don't get it. It came to them so easily.

As for announcing he probably needs more time. To get comfortable explaining things to the audience. He certainly understands what is happening. It's a matter of communicating that in a way that is fun and teachable to the viewers. At an easier level people can understand.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Announcing is much different than playing. Just like coaching is much different from playing. Just because you were great in one category doesn't mean you will be in another. Completely different skill sets. Sometimes a star player had it easy because of skills and can't teach as effectively or be a coach. Because they just can't understand how the guys don't get it. It came to them so easily.

As for announcing he probably needs more time. To get comfortable explaining things to the audience. He certainly understands what is happening. It's a matter of communicating that in a way that is fun and teachable to the viewers. At an easier level people can understand.

Madden was the all time best. he could speak to the seasoned fan and the beginner fan at once, and would get my eye off the ball and onto line play. he also had a ton of passion for the game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Madden was the all time best. he could speak to the seasoned fan and the beginner fan at once, and would get my eye off the ball and onto line play. he also had a ton of passion for the game.

What was great about Madden was he was funny as hell and fun. But not in an annoying way. Plus highly enthusiastic. Best announcer ever in sports. Not only could he explain the game he would do eccentric but fun things at the end. Like in a blowout at Candlestick he would talking about the Seagulls or birds that come in at the end of the game to eat the food left over in the stands. Just little funny things even about nature that he would notice and be fun. He would notice all aspects of life. Even the breeze off the Bay or the birds or nature in some fun way. He was a very unique guy. He was genuine about it too. Not faking it or anything. Just a natural part of his personality.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 3, 2024 at 4:57 PM ]
Yeah Madden and the turduckens Definitely the best. I still like Al Michaels:).

That Brocko Taco commerical had me bustin' some lol.
https://youtube.com/shorts/djzs3noxt0M?si=p07S9T-Pd4lbpKhJ

Brady when he signed his third contract and was trying to keep the team together "if my family and I can't live the rest of my life off of $60M, then I've got problems"

this type of perspective and desire to win is why I think Brock isn't gonna demand every penny he can. He will get paid big time but it will be very manageable, IMO.

Also Tom was a mega millionaire with or without his wife at that time
Originally posted by tankle104:

Brady when he signed his third contract and was trying to keep the team together "if my family and I can't live the rest of my life off of $60M, then I've got problems"

this type of perspective and desire to win is why I think Brock isn't gonna demand every penny he can. He will get paid big time but it will be very manageable, IMO.

Brock just got to hope he did find the right women to spend the rest of his life with. Divorce with kids is where you realize most of your salary is disappearing.

But all signs point to them being a couple that could last.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Brock just got to hope he did find the right women to spend the rest of his life with. Divorce with kids is where you realize most of your salary is disappearing.

Yeah, signs point to lasting I think. I remember when Kap signed with the Niners..I think he dumped his girl from UNR rather quickly iirc..contrast that with Brock, committing to his girl with proposal and marriage. Family of good character. Kind of refreshing to have the kind of character Brock has because so many bad ones have been in football/sports.
[ Edited by Montana on Oct 3, 2024 at 7:32 PM ]
there is no comparison between Brock and Kap on any level on and off the field.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Yeah, signs point to lasting I think. I remember when Kap signed with the Niners..I think he dumped his girl from UNR rather quickly iirc..contrast that with Brock, committing to his girl with proposal and marriage. Family of good character. Kind of refreshing to have the kind of character Brock has because so many bad ones have been in football/sports.

I don't know them personally but from what it seems - would be shocking if they split. Brock seems like the celibate type. Lol

yeah, from a personal standpoint - I like it when our stars (especially qb) are awesome role models and representation for our team.

Brock - golden boy type.

Warner - just strikes me as an awesome all around person. Excellent role model.

Kittle - dude started a TE university and day to show off his people and does so much else.

CMC - strikes me as an awesome guy and role model. Seems insanely competitive to be around though. lol he's probably an a*****e when competing with. Lmao like the ruthless type.

bosa seems like a good hard working dude too.

trent - incredible big man who likes to mentor, seems like a genuinely awesome guy.

deebo - seems like a good guy and never has been in the press for bad stuff. Very unique player.

huf - heard and read nothing but awesome things about him as a person.

etc etc. just so much class and good guys on the team.

I don't know them personally but from what it seems - would be shocking if they split. Brock seems like the celibate type. Lol

yeah, from a personal standpoint - I like it when our stars (especially qb) are awesome role models and representation for our team.

Brock - golden boy type.

Warner - just strikes me as an awesome all around person. Excellent role model.

Kittle - dude started a TE university and day to show off his people and does so much else.

CMC - strikes me as an awesome guy and role model. Seems insanely competitive to be around though. lol he's probably an a*****e when competing with. Lmao like the ruthless type.

bosa seems like a good hard working dude too.

trent - incredible big man who likes to mentor, seems like a genuinely awesome guy.

deebo - seems like a good guy and never has been in the press for bad stuff. Very unique player.

huf - heard and read nothing but awesome things about him as a person.

etc etc. just so much class and good guys on the team.

Yeah, a lot of class compared to some of the Harbaugh years. Ugh.

I met Brock's sister and chatted with her for a bit, very down to earth and nice. I assume her whole family is like that lol. Just good ppl me thinks.

Just cool to have role models on the team again, great for kids, kids seem to love Purdy:) lol.
Originally posted by derrickt:
there is no comparison between Brock and Kap on any level on and off the field.

I only heard positive things about Kap while in Reno..dude seemed like he may have changed when he got signed to the Niners idk. I owned his jersey for about three weeks and gave it away lol. That was before the political/social stuff..I dnt care about that. Dude just seemed kinda idk lol. Humble pie Brock comes along and it's a nice change.

he already won a ring.. brock hasn't.

Brock is already playing it stat safe for his big pay day
Share 49ersWebzone