There are 286 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I love the guy. He's most definitely the best QB we've had since Steve and I wouldn't trade him for much but I must admit I have little faith with him on a game winning drives.

like GB and Det

Ok when else? The SB?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea way too much talent for this performance against a s**t defense. Not a good game from Brock. Missed Kittle early for an easy TD.

He missed some wide open underneath reads as well. I get looking deep, but I believe he's not as fast or clear in what he's seeing vs last year.
He sitting in the pocket playing with the ball too much. He has been doing it all year.
Originally posted by northoakland510:
He sitting in the pocket playing with the ball too much. He has been doing it all year.

Yup. Way too much dancing.
I love the guy. He's most definitely the best QB we've had since Steve and I wouldn't trade him for much but I must admit I have little faith with him on a game winning drives.

like GB and Det

Ok when else? The SB?

He hasn't been down much at end of games. He got the team in position against the Browns last year but the kick was missed. Guy hit him while throwing this time and it was a deflected INT. Not good, not completely his fault, either. Needs to do better than that but I'd rather not be in that position in the first place, so I'm more critical of plays Purdy missed earlier. If he doesn't tale the sack on that long scramble, for example, perhaps they eventually convert on 3rd/4th down, or get it closer for Wish to make a FG again. His slightly late/high throw to Kittle on an earlier red zone trip was a big missed opportunity forma TD. Those were bigger negative plays for him, IMO.
Dude has looked mediocre AF since the playoffs
He's forcing too much
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
I hope he goes someplace that can win
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Yea way too much talent for this performance against a s**t defense. Not a good game from Brock. Missed Kittle early for an easy TD.

He missed some wide open underneath reads as well. I get looking deep, but I believe he's not as fast or clear in what he's seeing vs last year.

What he's seeing is dollar signs and a new contract. He was doing way too much today.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
they are trying to throw it way downfield all the time now I think

Don't think " they" are. Brock is. He's not coming off the deep ball.

If deep ball was the biggest issue they wouldn't have so many redzone opportunities. To me it's the short game in the red zone that is the glaring problem. He's not in sync with his guys down there and that's been hurting the team a ton, giving the defense too thin of margins for them to overcome their problems, too. Brock's INTs were deflections so results aside I'm not as bothered by those as I am him pressing to do too much on some of these scrambles. Just throw it away Brock. Can't take sacks like that, and stop running backwards.

It does seem like they aren't getting guys open once they get in the red zone. Hard to figure with the players they have. Maybe they are and Brock isn't seeing them in time. They can also stop that end around to Deebo. It hasn't gained more than a couple yards in along time. They run it so deep that the defense has time to see ti and react.

Hang in there kid.. don't let Kyle traumatize you....change you.

This isn't normal. Finding a way to lose like we do... finding a way to not put teams away with our offense.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 6, 2024 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

What he's seeing is dollar signs and a new contract. He was doing way too much today.

I doubt the money has anything to do with it. He's trying to win and pressing a bit to pick up for other players' slack. It's pretty normal. Happens to all QBs at times.
He's up there right now for his presser, and they're asking the easiest, most non substantive questions.

Someone needs to ask: Why are you holding the ball forever, even when guys are wide open?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Dude has looked mediocre AF since the playoffs

If only your posts were as good as mediocre
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Hang in there kid.. don't let Kyle traumatize you....change you.

This isn't normal. Finding a way to lose like we do... finding a way to not put teams away with our offense.

It's 3 turnovers and your kicker got hurt.

The defense isn't good, and we can't afford mistakes like this.
Share 49ersWebzone