There are 281 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Needs to check it down more. Trying to get the big play every down. That's not a winning formula. Needs to go back to basics and just take what the defense gives you. On the last play he had Kittle open right away and holds the ball way too long. Just give it to Kittle, get the first down and spike the ball.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Needs to check it down more. Trying to get the big play every down. That's not a winning formula. Needs to go back to basics and just take what the defense gives you. On the last play he had Kittle open right away and holds the ball way too long. Just give it to Kittle, get the first down and spike the ball.

he's starting to show the 3rd year Kyle Effect on QBs... where the improvement arrow is pointing down..

The same was true of the first INT. Brock is not the same player this year. He holds the ball for an eternity and dances around in the pocket.

He's starting to play like he did at Iowa State. Unpredictable and trying to do far too much.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Hang in there kid.. don't let Kyle traumatize you....change you.

This isn't normal. Finding a way to lose like we do... finding a way to not put teams away with our offense.

It's 3 turnovers and your kicker got hurt.

The defense isn't good, and we can't afford mistakes like this.

s**t happens... but we got into the redzone hella times (5+?)...and only one TD.

We got shut out in the second half.

Brock will blame himself for that. Might start pressing, when it is obviously the playcalling. It has always been the play calling in big games... having issues putting teams away with a f**king lead! With ALL OUR WEAPONS ON OFFENSE!

This, Kittle was wide open and would be running for another 20-30 yards.....
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Receivers (other than JJ) are crap who can't get open to save their lives.

O-line is putrid.

Hard to blame Brock for trying to play hero ball sometimes.
Originally posted by Koldo:

O-line is putrid.

Yes and no. Imo the o line was very good today. He kept his eyes deep for too long and missed a lot of stuff open underneath.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Koldo:

O-line is putrid.

Yes and no. Imo the o line was very good today. He kept his eyes deep for too long and missed a lot of stuff open underneath.

Also his ball placement has been inconsistent these past few weeks, feel like if he places the ball better we had a TD to Kittle and Jennings
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Also his ball placement has been inconsistent these past few weeks, feel like if he places the ball better we had a TD to Kittle and Jennings

The kittle miss was rough. Same with the final pick.

I still think his performance was down on a list of things to blame however.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

The kittle miss was rough. Same with the final pick.

I still think his performance was down on a list of things to blame however.
I initially thought he played pretty well but I think the film is going to show some missed opportunities that he simply should've made.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Oct 6, 2024 at 5:09 PM ]

I agree that he wasnt sharp today and is looking for the big play too much
Not gonna say too much about Brock until we get some film…just from watching it live, it felt let him left some easy plays on the field and wasn't as sharp as he usually is
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 6, 2024 at 5:15 PM ]
Hang in there kid.. don't let Kyle traumatize you....change you.

This isn't normal. Finding a way to lose like we do... finding a way to not put teams away with our offense.

It's 3 turnovers and your kicker got hurt.

The defense isn't good, and we can't afford mistakes like this.

s**t happens... but we got into the redzone hella times (5+?)...and only one TD.

We got shut out in the second half.

Brock will blame himself for that. Might start pressing, when it is obviously the playcalling. It has always been the play calling in big games... having issues putting teams away with a f**king lead! With ALL OUR WEAPONS ON OFFENSE!

No argument here. Got major game management and situational issues. In the same way Kyle gave Jed the harsh truth about the 49ers during his interview, Kyle needs to get the harsh truth on what he's doing. Can't get past himself. Yes players gotta execute, but why aren't they? Why can we not manage the game in critical moments? Why are 49er fans in fear when we are up late instead of celebrating?

I'm not a fire Kyle guy but tired of these crap performances, while still have players have good if not great games. I've seen so many people on this board dump on Tomlin, but the guy manages the game and keeps his team winning no matter what the talent level is. It's like we have to have a cutting edge offensive system or an overwhelming amount of talent to win instead of just outexecuting the other team.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not gonna say too much about Brock until we get some film.

You're probably salivating right now.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not gonna say too much about Brock until we get some film…just from watching it live, it felt let him left some easy plays on the field and wasn't as sharp as he usually is

That's not just how it felt—that's how it was. The film will confirm it, I'm sure. He needs to start taking the check downs again.

Also, could someone explain to me where the hell our play action passes have gone? Abandoning the play action certainly isn't making Brock's life any easier.
Share 49ersWebzone