There are 268 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
It will be interesting if the 49'ers anytime soon consider a QB change.

Oh please lol fr?

The overreaction on here is nuts haha
Easily Brock's worse game of the season.

You judge a QB on a number of things including coming back in the 4th quarter to win a game - this was a great opportunity to do it and he couldn't. The heroball antics also need to stop, if you need to throw it away, throw it away, if you need to check it down and take the easy pass do it.

I still trust that Brock is the QB for us moving forward but this is adversity for him lets see if he can turn it around and cut down the INTS
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Brock is the QB of the future, I have no doubt. But he really needs to be MORE of a game manager.

Huh? He's been the opposite of that this yr. In fact imo part of the "problem" or whatever you want to call it, is he's not managing the game 100%.

take those easy plays, it doesn't have to be 20+ balls every drop back. There's gotta be a balance
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
It will be interesting if the 49'ers anytime soon consider a QB change.

Oh please lol fr?

The overreaction on here is nuts haha

Agreed, QB change is ridiculous. Dude is our QB and while he wasn't drew brees yesterday, he was far from the biggest problem. QB change 🤣
I feel like Brock took a step back in regards to handling those blitz packages. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like he's struggled there this yr.

That last play should have been a hot to kittle. It wasn't a missed block by Mason.

it's all growth for this kid, being a successful QB is hard. He's gotta be better with that pre/post snap awareness. We got the playmakers, he doesn't have to run around making YOLO plays every drop back. SF is last in the league in YAC. There's a reason for that. I feel like I see guys open underneath and he's instead holding onto the ball trying to push it downfield.

love that he's trying to make those plays, there's gotta be balance and sometimes you gotta run the play and take what's there.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I feel like Brock took a step back in regards to handling those blitz packages. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like he's struggled there this yr.

That last play should have been a hot to kittle. It wasn't a missed block by Mason.

it's all growth for this kid, being a successful QB is hard. He's gotta be better with that pre/post snap awareness. We got the playmakers, he doesn't have to run around making YOLO plays every drop back. SF is last in the league in YAC. There's a reason for that. I feel like I see guys open underneath and he's instead holding onto the ball trying to push it downfield.

love that he's trying to make those plays, there's gotta be balance and sometimes you gotta run the play and take what's there.

He's not as good so far imo. And tbh maybe 9moon has a point with Kyle's regressing him. 🤷‍♂️
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
He's not as good so far imo. And tbh maybe 9moon has a point with Kyle's regressing him. 🤷‍♂️

It would be nice to know if it is Purdy playing hero ball or it's Kyle in his ear changing him. Not sure we will find out anytime soon. Either way, a lot of fixing needs to be done with the red zone offense.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
I don't think Purdy is the reason for the losses this year. He's made some good plays. But seeing him in the pocket when it's closing in I begin to value the 6'4 quarterback who can stand in there and make throws over people.
I didnt think he had a bad game. Felt like he had to throw away alot of opportunities. My biggest criticism would be the last play where he held the ball too long.
Originally posted by rtj03:
I don't think Purdy is the reason for the losses this year. He's made some good plays. But seeing him in the pocket when it's closing in I begin to value the 6'4 quarterback who can stand in there and make throws over people.

I get what you're saying but we have to be hard on Purdy this year. In all 3 losses there were plays Purdy could have made. Third downs that led to punts or FGs or 0 points. He had chances for game winning drives against the Rams and Cardinals and did not deliver. I don't want to hear about a singular play that wasn't his fault. He's the QB and is about to get paid.

We were begging (some of us were) for this very situation to see if Purdy can win without CMC and the D playing poorly. Well here we are and he hasn't passed the test. I'd be fine with his performance if we were expecting a 25-35 mil QB contract, but we're not. We have to know what we have for potential 55-65 mil contract.

It wasn't a missed block by Mason either. McKivitz f**ked up and the biggest f**k up was on whoever was making the line calls. So Brendel.

Brendel is supposed to be in there for his experience and supposed high football IQ but I doubt an average rookie would be doing this poorly.

This coaching staff saw those two guys out there last year and really said "let's run it back!"
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Brock is good. My only criticism is he holds on to the ball way too long sometimes. It can pay off, but sometimes you get a bad sack or you get hurt. Every play doesn't have to be a scrambling drill…

Also since CMC has been out, the checkdown has been non existent. For Brock every play is either a home run or a bust. Just give your players the ball and let them make plays…
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

It wasn't a missed block by Mason either. McKivitz f**ked up and the biggest f**k up was on whoever was making the line calls. So Brendel.

Brendel is supposed to be in there for his experience and supposed high football IQ but I doubt an average rookie would be doing this poorly.

This coaching staff saw those two guys out there last year and really said "let's run it back!"

I saw this on X as well. Brendal did not assign the protection properly...sigh
  • bud49
  • Veteran

I've always and still do like Brocks play but I too see some concerning areas of his game right now.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 7, 2024 at 6:52 AM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I saw this on X as well. Brendal did not assign the protection properly...sigh

And you know who we can thank for having Brendal on the line. F ing Kyle and John.
Share 49ersWebzone