There are 297 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I feel like Brock took a step back in regards to handling those blitz packages. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like he's struggled there this yr.

That last play should have been a hot to kittle. It wasn't a missed block by Mason.

it's all growth for this kid, being a successful QB is hard. He's gotta be better with that pre/post snap awareness. We got the playmakers, he doesn't have to run around making YOLO plays every drop back. SF is last in the league in YAC. There's a reason for that. I feel like I see guys open underneath and he's instead holding onto the ball trying to push it downfield.

love that he's trying to make those plays, there's gotta be balance and sometimes you gotta run the play and take what's there.

It wasn't a missed block by Mason either. McKivitz f**ked up and the biggest f**k up was on whoever was making the line calls. So Brendel.

Brendel is supposed to be in there for his experience and supposed high football IQ but I doubt an average rookie would be doing this poorly.

This coaching staff saw those two guys out there last year and really said "let's run it back!"

I saw this on X as well. Brendal did not assign the protection properly...sigh

And you know who we can thank for having Brendal on the line. F ing Kyle and John.

You know I've been vocal in the oline and kyle threads about this. IT is what it is. I will bet you my balls they will draft d line this year, but i wont hold my breath for o line.
I feel like Brock took a step back in regards to handling those blitz packages. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like he's struggled there this yr.

That last play should have been a hot to kittle. It wasn't a missed block by Mason.

it's all growth for this kid, being a successful QB is hard. He's gotta be better with that pre/post snap awareness. We got the playmakers, he doesn't have to run around making YOLO plays every drop back. SF is last in the league in YAC. There's a reason for that. I feel like I see guys open underneath and he's instead holding onto the ball trying to push it downfield.

love that he's trying to make those plays, there's gotta be balance and sometimes you gotta run the play and take what's there.

It wasn't a missed block by Mason either. McKivitz f**ked up and the biggest f**k up was on whoever was making the line calls. So Brendel.

Brendel is supposed to be in there for his experience and supposed high football IQ but I doubt an average rookie would be doing this poorly.

This coaching staff saw those two guys out there last year and really said "let's run it back!"

This is why Jed should fire Lynch and bring in a GM that has actual authority to draft what we need, not just what Kyle wants.
Originally posted by ssuhaide:
Easily Brock's worse game of the season.

You judge a QB on a number of things including coming back in the 4th quarter to win a game - this was a great opportunity to do it and he couldn't. The heroball antics also need to stop, if you need to throw it away, throw it away, if you need to check it down and take the easy pass do it.

I still trust that Brock is the QB for us moving forward but this is adversity for him lets see if he can turn it around and cut down the INTS

is this a repeat reaction from last season's three game losing streak?
Originally posted by jreff22:

This is why Jed should fire Lynch and bring in a GM that has actual authority to draft what we need, not just what Kyle wants.

I don't think it works so cut and dry like that, but they need a reboot.

John and Kyle are too friendly at this point. Kyle needs somebody to tell him no because his blinders are permanently attached.

John and Kyle are too friendly at this point. Kyle needs somebody to tell him no because his blinders are permanently attached.

You could be right. And we lost Peters who may be been that proper retort etc.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
"The standard here is excellence, and what we've proven in the last couple years of the standard of what we can play at, that's what we're trying to get to," Purdy said. "But every year is different with just the team, the chemistry and getting guys together. You got new guys, some guys leave. And so I think all throughout this, it's early in the season, and we're still trying to find our true identity as a team, and we're getting there." (Brock)

Sorry but that there is a head scratcher of a statement. I mean heck this team has been playing together for quite a while and your still trying to find an IDENTITY? That should have done been found.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 7, 2024 at 7:44 AM ]
No receiving TDs yet for Aiyuk and Deebo. Wtf, Purdy, you're 34 for 62 in the past two games with 2 tds and 3 int. Get your s**t together and stop running around like an idiot back there!
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erKing:
No receiving TDs yet for Aiyuk and Deebo. Wtf, Purdy, you're 34 for 62 in the past two games with 2 tds and 3 int. Get your s**t together and stop running around like an idiot back there!
Somebody has to get that through to him. I think he is more worried about the big play than taking the underneath options this year.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Brock is the QB of the future, I have no doubt. But he really needs to be MORE of a game manager.

Huh? He's been the opposite of that this yr. In fact imo part of the "problem" or whatever you want to call it, is he's not managing the game 100%.

take those easy plays, it doesn't have to be 20+ balls every drop back. There's gotta be a balance

That's exactly what I am saying....

Lynch never held real power he's always just been the PR face of the team & FO. Kyle's the one who truly runs the show. imo Kyle has WAY too much on his plate and just needs to be the HC only.

He's not as good so far imo. And tbh maybe 9moon has a point with Kyle's regressing him. 🤷‍♂️

Or he's simply not playing well, not everything is directly because of Kyle good or bad. I'm sure Kyle didn't say hey man don't ever throw to your hot when you're blitzed. Hey Brock, let's scramble around for 10 secs and not even throw the ball away on 1st down.

moon has a vendetta for Kyle and will say the holy war over in Israel is because of him
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 7, 2024 at 7:56 AM ]

Without a question that's part of it. You can't expect bad talent to play great at the most important times.

blitz is a blitz though. Someone is coming free and the QB has to adjust to that. Not lock onto BA pre-snap and throw it there regardless of what the defense is doing. That was a very Jimmy G moment for him.

He's not as good so far imo. And tbh maybe 9moon has a point with Kyle's regressing him. 🤷‍♂️

Or he's simply not playing well, not everything is directly because of Kyle good or bad. I'm sure Kyle didn't say hey man don't ever throw to your hot, when you're blitzed. Hey Brock, let's scramble around for 10 secs and not even throw the ball away on 1st down.

moon has a vendetta for Kyle and will say the holy war over in Israel is because of him

I am not committing to any theory yet, but wont rule anything out either.
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Lynch never held real power he's always just been the PR face of the team & FO. Kyle's the one who truly runs the show. imo Kyle has WAY too much on his plate and just needs to be the HC only.

He gives power to all his coaches. His OL coach is the guy with a massive say in OL development/draft who's playing etc. His WR coach has a massive say in who's playing. Wilks was all about Brown last draft and they took him, their RB coach is the guy doing all the homework/development on RBs etc etc.

for sure Kyle is the top dog. He depends on his coaching staff a lot though. Not sure how it is with other teams and the hierarchy of all it.
Share 49ersWebzone