There are 308 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I don't mind the scrambling when he truly needs to make something happen but he's bailing sometimes too quickly. He's moving away from what he was good at. The guy can cook from muddied pockets. Just didn't like the recklessness today. Shanahans s**t playcalling didn't help. Shanahan sure seems to be missing his genius offensive assistants who left… the kubiaks and McDaniel etc

Oh I'm all for scrambling and extending plays when it's needed. IMO there was some easy plays to be had that usually he takes.

When you say his s**tty play-calling…what was s**tty?

McDaniel looks like crap right now without Tua. Klay Kubiak is currently in SF and has been for 4 yrs. Klint was here for one yr and prior was a failed OC in Minn.

literally all these "genius" assistants run Kyle's s**t….not the other way around.
this is so bad right here. know your situation and you have no placekicker at this point.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Have you guys been listening to what's he's saying? They are taking away those easy plays this year. He's needed to adjust.

I think its part of why Kyle is changing up the offense. Half the league is running a variant of his scheme and defenses are getting really good against it and you have a lot of bright young defensive minds that are coming up with all kinds of chaos to throw the offense off its timing so an adjustment is necessary. I'm not a fan of the empty back sets though, especially as more of the league is moving towards a more power oriented ground attack with heavy formations to counter the lighter, pass-defense oriented schemes out there.

I also think the results would look significantly different if you had McCaffrey in there drawing constant attention from defenses.

I think you are right and I ask what will he change it to? Nature is very cyclical. He is going classic drop back more, and that makes sense, but he doesn't have the beefy o line for that. But I believe you are 100% correct and we see this happening the last few years. Intersting how Adam Peters did NOT take Kyles offense with him.

I also believe he needs to adjust his defensive philosophy knowing this. I think we need a couple of big DT to clog up the o lines more.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
this is so bad right here. know your situation and you have no placekicker at this point.

What down was this?
On Purdy's last int, he had Kittle wide open before the rush even got there .
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I think you are right and I ask what will he change it to? Nature is very cyclical. He is going classic drop back more, and that makes sense, but he doesn't have the beefy o line for that. But I believe you are 100% correct and we see this happening the last few years. Intersting how Adam Peters did NOT take Kyles offense with him.

I also believe he needs to adjust his defensive philosophy knowing this. I think we need a couple of big DT to clog up the o lines more.

Adam Peters isn't the HC? I don't follow with that one. I also don't think Daniels would thrive in this offense. Same as Watson in Cleveland.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't mind the scrambling when he truly needs to make something happen but he's bailing sometimes too quickly. He's moving away from what he was good at. The guy can cook from muddied pockets. Just didn't like the recklessness today. Shanahans s**t playcalling didn't help. Shanahan sure seems to be missing his genius offensive assistants who left… the kubiaks and McDaniel etc

Oh I'm all for scrambling and extending plays when it's needed. IMO there was some easy plays to be had that usually he takes.

McDaniel looks like crap right now without Tua. Klay Kubiak is currently in SF and has been for 4 yrs. Klint was here for one yr and prior was a failed OC in Minn.

literally all these "genius" assistants run Kyle's s**t….not the other way around.

Shanahan has lost creativity in his play designs. He also doesn't seem to run as balanced as an offense as once before.
Originally posted by Predator85:
On Purdy's last int, he had Kittle wide open before the rush even got there .

Brock said he was locked in on BA pre-snap. He's gotta recognize where pressure is coming pre/post and adjust. Also our center sucks dick at calling protections. Not upgrading there is killing this team more than most think.

What down was this?

i think we had 2nd and 9 and presnap foul on JJ so 2nd and 14. we are on the 19 yard line. the sack gets us in the 3rd and 23, this is the 4th and 23 go for it sequence.
What a really down game for Purdy. Hopefully its the last one for this year.

Shanahan has lost creativity in his play designs. He also doesn't seem to run as balanced as an offense as once before.

Can you explain what creativity he lost? What's not happening that was happening before?

SF was never balanced. They ran the ball much more than passed it for yrs. So I'm not really following there
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
I feel like Brock took a step back in regards to handling those blitz packages. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like he's struggled there this yr.

That last play should have been a hot to kittle. It wasn't a missed block by Mason.

it's all growth for this kid, being a successful QB is hard. He's gotta be better with that pre/post snap awareness. We got the playmakers, he doesn't have to run around making YOLO plays every drop back. SF is last in the league in YAC. There's a reason for that. I feel like I see guys open underneath and he's instead holding onto the ball trying to push it downfield.

love that he's trying to make those plays, there's gotta be balance and sometimes you gotta run the play and take what's there.

Most of the times those players underneath are covered.

What down was this?

i think we had 2nd and 9 and presnap foul on JJ so 2nd and 14. we are on the 19 yard line. the sack gets us in the 3rd and 23, this is the 4th and 23 go for it sequence.

Ahhh yup you're right. Should have thrown the ball away and lived for another down. Not having the kicker f**ked some stuff up, but man that play took out of any position to even try to kick it with Mitch.
Originally posted by Koldo:

ball needs to go somewhere even away. let's play a lil more quick.
Originally posted by Koldo:

ball needs to go somewhere even away. let's play a lil more quick.

Brady said last night he would be unloading the ball in 2.7 secs to avoid the pass rush. Brock right now is #1 in the league at holding the ball before throwing (forgot the number but it's over 4s). This doesn't match how he previously played with getting the ball off in time.
Share 49ersWebzone