LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 282 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Most of the times those players underneath are covered.

ball needs to go somewhere even away. let's play a lil more quick.

Brady said last night he would be unloading the ball in 2.7 secs to avoid the pass rush. Brock right now is #1 in the league at holding the ball before throwing (forgot the number but it's over 4s). This doesn't match how he previously played with getting the ball off in time.

If they're focused on taking everything away underneath (there's still guys schemed open) then there are massive mismatches elsewhere.

Forcing blame on just scheme is a load of crap imo. Brock isn't doing what he's been doing really well previously.
Truthfully, Brock had played well up until yesterday. But yesterday had way too many mistakes and bad plays from him. He was definitely a big part of the collapse unfortunately.

He was inaccurate early. He held the ball too long a number of times when guys were open underneath. He took a terrible sack late, and then later never felt the rush while also missing Kittle running wide open which probably puts us a play or two away from a game winning field goal chance.

It was easily the worst game I've seen him play. I feel like this was worse than the Ravens game last year because of the timing of the huge mistakes, TBH.

I still am a huge fan. Yesterday was not typical for him, but I definitely want to see him turn things around and bounce back, while also getting back to doing what he does best. He's trying to do way too much right now and I don't want this dude trying to be the next Josh Allen. Purdy needs to calm down and just play smarter football along with the rest of the team.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 7, 2024 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Truthfully, Brock had played well up until yesterday. But yesterday had way too many mistakes and bad plays from him. He was definitely a big part of the collapse unfortunately.

He was inaccurate early. He held the ball too long a number of times when guys were open underneath. He took a terrible sack late, and then later never felt the rush while also missing Kittle running wide open which probably puts us a play or two away from a game winning field goal chance.

It was easily the worst game I've seen him play. I feel like this was worse than the Ravens game last year because of the timing of the huge mistakes, TBH.

I still am a huge fan. Yesterday was not typical for him, but I definitely want to see him turn things around and bounce back, while also getting back to doing what he does best. He's trying to do way too much right now and I don't want this dude trying to be the next Josh Allen. Purdy needs to calm down and just play smarter football along with the rest of the team.

His ability to escape pressure is tremendous but there's no good reason why he needs to be backpedaling 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. He made some really good plays and throws yesterday but too much of the hero ball stuff and one of these times he's going to take another massive sack like he did yesterday or a defender he doesn't see is just going to level him. Look for the checkdown, take off and run or just throw it away but he needs to be more decisive.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

His ability to escape pressure is tremendous but there's no good reason why he needs to be backpedaling 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

That was rookie play

Plain and simple

He is falling in love with his own legs.

Vick, Steve Young, Garcia..we have seen it before ... Some guys do it with their arms, Jeff George, Brett farve....

What fixed most of them is hard disciplined coaching...

The best Purdy is the Purdy that beats teams with his eyes and brain, not with his legs...

In the long run this is a good thing,if they get these bad habits squashed early
He didn't finish drives or the game. Needs to be better or else they shouldn't pay him.
More games like that, and he will be cheaper this offseason.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

His ability to escape pressure is tremendous but there's no good reason why he needs to be backpedaling 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. He made some really good plays and throws yesterday but too much of the hero ball stuff and one of these times he's going to take another massive sack like he did yesterday or a defender he doesn't see is just going to level him. Look for the checkdown, take off and run or just throw it away but he needs to be more decisive.

Agree. Number one priority to fix now is he needs to be not hurting the team.
Mr. Hero Ball
Do you think the 49'ers regret letting Darnold go?
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:

Lol. No.

Do you honestly think if Darnold was currently the backup there'd be even a hint at serious discussion about replacing the starter?

Brock has been at or near the top of efficiency at the position in his time here. He's a very good fit for our offense.

i think that shows what Kyle was talking about. i didn't know much on Darnold, until we added him, then i looked into his film and what I saw is he's a darn good QB. he's athletic, and he can throw lasers. i think he learned a lot from Brock tbh. he spent his year here working on himself, saw Brock's anticipation daily. if Brock wasn't ready for whatever reason, Darnold would have played some real ball for us. that was the intent, remember when he was signed, we had no clue how Brock's medical would go.

Lolol no. Darns has a very good team with a killer defense. We don't have the solid team structure of the Vikings..but Brock is indeed, solid:).
Originally posted by Montana:
Lolol no. Darns has a very good team with a killer defense. We don't have the solid team structure of the Vikings..but Brock is indeed, solid:).

Originally posted by Montana:

ya let's see how the vikings do when their defense isn't playing out of their mind. eventually whether it's later this year or next year, their defense will regress and then we'll see how Darnold does.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Our defense sucks rn among other things, so yes, our structure is not as sound as it was. It is flimsy and falling apart lol.

BP plays his best I think when the defense does well. He lets loose and is himself. He goes after it without trying to do too much. There is less pressure. Now with the defense being as garbage as it has been, injuries etc. BP probably just is putting to much pressure on himself to make up for all the things gone wrong, when he just needs to be Brock Purdy.

It is true that the offense needs to make up some for the crappy D but probably is putting just too much on his shoulders to try and make stuff happen. Smart dude though, he has talked about this mental balance and knows what to get back to. I wonder if Shanny is asking different things from him idk. Is BP perfect? Nope, no player is but he's been close. The 20 yrd backpedal was probably the only time I have said, "Ooh Brock idk about that" but hey, if somehow he made a play there then cool but really probably is something to avoid. Great at elusiveness but that was a bit lol. I don't expect that to happen again much at all. He learns and cleans things up well.

He doesn't need to do it all, just be Brock. He has been fantastic and very happy to have him. It would be great if we just had a dang defense.
[ Edited by Montana on Oct 7, 2024 at 4:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone