There are 274 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The Baldy breakdown didn't help absolve Purdy of the biggest mistakes, but it did show the disturbing fact that despite all the time in the world, our guys STILL couldn't get open.

Which is why Pearsall was drafted.

Also the receivers need to be better coached up on a scramble drill. A couple of times when Purdy was scrambling around, the receivers were just kind of standing around instead of flying back to the ball.

I thought a lot of our oline did that too. I guess I never really paid attention much if that is common with oline but they seemed like they could have helped out way more then just standing there watching. Just move a little to get in the way instead. For some reason it stood out.
The Baldy breakdown didn't help absolve Purdy of the biggest mistakes, but it did show the disturbing fact that despite all the time in the world, our guys STILL couldn't get open.

Also the receivers need to be better coached up on a scramble drill. A couple of times when Purdy was scrambling around, the receivers were just kind of standing around instead of flying back to the ball.

Yeah I mean it was pretty ridiculous. It's inexcusable for a quarterback to be able to hold it for 10 seconds and no one gives him a chance to get something out of the play.
Purdy needs cowing and pearsall as they can actually get open. Also way more designed plays to kittle for short routes and Juan as they have size mismatches.

Deebo shouldn't even be on the field and aiyuk only good in the 20-40 yard range long developing plays. Neither of them can beat man or get separation unless schemed open.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Oct 8, 2024 at 10:04 AM ]
Interesting stat on tv:

Brock Purdy 4th quarter

Leading in 4th:
Comp pct 72.3
TD-INT 9-1
Passer Rating 131.3

Trailing 4th quarter
Comp pct 60.0
TD-INT 1-5
Passer Rating 62.4

I sure hope he can pull it together. We are really only missing CMC. He needs to be able to come back when down. The chat again is where does he really rank in the QB rankings. Is 12 to 14 about right?
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Interesting stat on tv:

Brock Purdy 4th quarter

Leading in 4th:
Comp pct 72.3
TD-INT 9-1
Passer Rating 131.3

Trailing 4th quarter
Comp pct 60.0
TD-INT 1-5
Passer Rating 62.4

I sure hope he can pull it together. We are really only missing CMC. He needs to be able to come back when down. The chat again is where does he really rank in the QB rankings. Is 12 to 14 about right?

when you are trailing 4th qtr, the run game is out the window. that's what this entire O is predicated on. the entire operation suffers. those are pretty dramatic differences. i mean look at Sunday, gw drive attempt and it's 2 plays and an L. that's what happens when the run game isn't on the table and the D knows it. not pretty.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Interesting stat on tv:

Brock Purdy 4th quarter

Leading in 4th:
Comp pct 72.3
TD-INT 9-1
Passer Rating 131.3

Trailing 4th quarter
Comp pct 60.0
TD-INT 1-5
Passer Rating 62.4

when you are trailing 4th qtr, the run game is out the window. that's what this entire O is predicated on. the entire operation suffers. those are pretty dramatic differences. i mean look at Sunday, gw drive attempt and it's 2 plays and an L. that's what happens when the run game isn't on the table and the D knows it. not pretty.

Always been like that for Kyle. His dropback pass game gets picked apart by some former QBs
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 8, 2024 at 11:01 AM ]
Interesting stat on tv:

Brock Purdy 4th quarter

Leading in 4th:
Comp pct 72.3
TD-INT 9-1
Passer Rating 131.3

Trailing 4th quarter
Comp pct 60.0
TD-INT 1-5
Passer Rating 62.4

The numbers are drastically different for sure but I can guarantee you few QBs look better when trailing late.

This offense has flaws and when having to throw the ball while the defense knows you have to throw is a clear weakness. Why having a mid OL hurts so much. When you have pass pro issues and your receivers aren't getting open easily it makes things a lot tougher.

But great plan to eliminate that flaw? HAVE A LEAD IN THE 4TH QUARTER!!! Oh and HOLD THE LEAD!
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Purdy needs cowing and pearsall as they can actually get open. Also way more designed plays to kittle for short routes and Juan as they have size mismatches.

Deebo shouldn't even be on the field and aiyuk only good in the 20-40 yard range long developing plays. Neither of them can beat man or get separation unless schemed open.

You not watch all of last season or the last game? BA was/is creating separation.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

You not watch all of last season or the last game? BA was/is creating separation.

Honestly I don't understand why we re-worked Deebo's contract. I'll always appreciate what he gave the team in the past but right now he's useless. We're running a more down the field passing game and not even utilizing the crutch we'd see Kyle bring out for Jimmy when the offense was struggling - aka get the ball out quick and let guys like Deebo make plays.

Deebo is relegated to basically being RB2 while CMC is out cuz Aiyuk and Jennings are the better receivers right now. We'll see how things look when Pearsall is activated but I don't see a future on this team for Deebo and I'm pretty sure the restructured deal makes it harder to trade him pre-draft which is when we need picks to find guys to help next season.

Regardless of Brock having a tough game I 100% trust him as our QB moving forward. I do think he needs to stop listening to the noise and go back to trusting the scheme and just let it rip but within the scheme. Make the crazy escapes and plays down the field here and there but we gotta hit the plays there to be made even if the windows are tight. Now if the guys show they can't be trusted then we'll talk then.

Either way this is on Kyle and Brock to fix asap. Need the win Thursday and it's not going to get any easier with KC coming off a bye week and one of the toughest defenses looking to give us another L.

Yeah I mean it was pretty ridiculous. It's inexcusable for a quarterback to be able to hold it for 10 seconds and no one gives him a chance to get something out of the play.

the WRs lack speed....You can see them moving at 3/4th speed, then going full speed to create separation...regularly.... There is no speed advantage on the 49ers.....at best it is a team of Reggie Waynes....

The old adage is "even? I am leaving!".... this team does not have that. They can't get by someone with their foot speed, we have to move guys around and hope we can get a LBer on a WR, or against zone....stretch it for separation.

In the past (and in the future) It has and can work with Purdy making very difficult throws, and guys playing big at the catch point...but the team does not make alot of easy catches in space with God Given separation, they have to exploit a defense (IE zone), or capitalize on a mistake.

Our WRs can't make a team do anything, we have to have the scheme and QB do that.

Share 49ersWebzone