There are 232 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • bud49
  • Veteran
After watching a couple of takes such has Baldys and Achos I see why Brock is not dishing the ball out quickly this year. The WR's are getting seperation like they did in the past, causing him to have to hold the ball a little longer. Defenses are scheming for it, now the question is can Kyle counter it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Interesting stat on tv:

Brock Purdy 4th quarter

Leading in 4th:
Comp pct 72.3
TD-INT 9-1
Passer Rating 131.3

Trailing 4th quarter
Comp pct 60.0
TD-INT 1-5
Passer Rating 62.4

I sure hope he can pull it together. We are really only missing CMC. He needs to be able to come back when down. The chat again is where does he really rank in the QB rankings. Is 12 to 14 about right?

Pretty much every QB not named Mahomes. They ALL are worse trailing and coming from behind. It's a stat where people like the pundits think they found something. But compare it to all QB's and you come out like that. Worse than normal. Mahomes is unusual.

...and Mahomes's stat isn't even the truth, since he gets so much help.
He definitely seems slower in processing this season. He's still making big plays throughout the game but defenses have studied his tendencies especially in the red zone.
[ Edited by amir_tn80 on Oct 9, 2024 at 6:42 AM ]
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
He definitely seems slower in processing this season. He's still making big plays throughout the game but defenses have studied his tendencies especially in the red zone.

I haven't noticed any difference in processing. I think he's just locking on deep too much and being greedy. I believe he's admitted as much recently.
Share 49ersWebzone