There are 256 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to Grant Cohn Purdy is not a playmaker. Does this guy even watch the games? We suck in many facets right now but I would say QB is the last of our worries. Can we sack this clown Cohn now, he routinely lets his opinions override the facts that real football people have established. I know its established that he's a clown but damn its old.
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
According to Grant Cohn Purdy is not a playmaker. Does this guy even watch the games? We suck in many facets right now but I would say QB is the last of our worries. Can we sack this clown Cohn now, he routinely lets his opinions override the facts that real football people have established. I know its established that he's a clown but damn its old.

Maiocco is very critical when he needs to be, Cohn should take notes from real journalists.
Purdy had two of the last three losses salted away until the D and ST pissed them away.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
He definitely seems slower in processing this season. He's still making big plays throughout the game but defenses have studied his tendencies especially in the red zone.

I haven't noticed any difference in processing. I think he's just locking on deep too much and being greedy. I believe he's admitted as much recently.

Agreed.

It's more about him holding on to the ball for too long in search of the deep pass.

It's clearly an Issue with him right now, but one that can be fixed with a simple take what the defense gives you approach.

When he gets the same pressure he got last year he doesn't hve CMC to dump the ball off to. That forces him to try and buy time to find an oen receiver. It's also why he's scrambling around more. Without MC, defenses aren't concerned about a RB in the flat so they can cover the WRs better.

It seems crazy that one player can make this much difference but remember how much better the offense was when he came here. It was like the missing piece of the puzzle. CMC is a very unique player that has few comparisons. His receiving skills and ability to run when in space is something teams need to game plan for.

Kyles offense has gone stale a couple of times. First time in 21 he brought out the Deebo wideback. Then we went stale again in 22 and cmc was the spark. Now back to stale
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
He definitely seems slower in processing this season. He's still making big plays throughout the game but defenses have studied his tendencies especially in the red zone.

I haven't noticed any difference in processing. I think he's just locking on deep too much and being greedy. I believe he's admitted as much recently.

Agreed.

It's more about him holding on to the ball for too long in search of the deep pass.

It's clearly an Issue with him right now, but one that can be fixed with a simple take what the defense gives you approach.

When he gets the same pressure he got last year he doesn't hve CMC to dump the ball off to. That forces him to try and buy time to find an oen receiver. It's also why he's scrambling around more. Without MC, defenses aren't concerned about a RB in the flat so they can cover the WRs better.

It seems crazy that one player can make this much difference but remember how much better the offense was when he came here. It was like the missing piece of the puzzle. CMC is a very unique player that has few comparisons. His receiving skills and ability to run when in space is something teams need to game plan for.

Kyles offense has gone stale a couple of times. First time in 21 he brought out the Deebo wideback. Then we went stale again in 22 and cmc was the spark. Now back to stale

Kyle is out of tricks. His offense is no longer stale… it's rotten .
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Purdy had two of the last three losses salted away until the D and ST pissed them away.

Don't forget Ronnie Bell stupid drop.

Maiocco is very critical when he needs to be, Cohn should take notes from real journalists.

Ehh, not a Cohn fan and I like Matt but I don't consider Matt any kind of breaking news journalist. He's more of a repeat known news and he is a little too sweet if you ask me. I don't follow Cohn but he is one of the few covering the 9ers that doesn't bend over and sugar coat everything. If it sucks it sucks and he asks about it.The problem is instead of a steady medium where he is correct in thought about a situation he pushes every situation over the edge to drive hits.
This is what annoys many players and coaches and let's face it, when it comes to the press, west coast fans very different from east coast fans. It's okay to discuss the crap in a forum but how dare you reporter say it in public.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 9, 2024 at 3:49 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Ehh, not sa Cohn fan and I like Matt but I don't consider Matt any kind of braking news journalist. He's more of a repeat known news and he is a little too sweet if you ask me. I don't follow Cohn but he is one of the few covering the 9ers that doesn't bend over and sugar coat everything. If it sucks it sucks and he asks about it.The problem is instead of a steady medium where he is correct in thought about a situation he pushes every situation over the edge to drive hits.
This is what annoys many players and coaches and let's face it, when it comes to the press, west coast fans very different from east coast fans. It's okay to discuss the crap in a forum but how dare you reporter say it in public.

Agree with pretty much all of this except for giving any credit to Grant as being anything more than a clickbait artist who attempts to generate controversy instead of report on it.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

It's pretty infuriating that every time Purdy has a game winning drive, someone else chokes it away for us. Last year against Cleveland unfortunately you had the Moody miss.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Defense, special teams, WR lack of separation, WR drops are the biggest problems right now. Purdy is playing well. Maybe not perfect. But good enough if not for the other things collapsing.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Defense, special teams, WR lack of separation, WR drops are the biggest problems right now. Purdy is playing well. Maybe not perfect. But good enough if not for the other things collapsing.

Huh. I wonder what the flip side of this argument is
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

got em
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Purdy is playing fine. Not the problem with this team if you watch the games. Why is Aaron Rodgers losing? Why is Joe Burrow losing for that matter? Blame the QB is lazy. It's Nick WRONG hot takes. Look deeper at the actual problems with this team. It's decimated all over on injuries. Especially defense, special teams and weapons. But mostly defense, special teams, coaching, WR drops, backup RB fumbles are tanking us. Hardly Brock losing games for us. That's not what is happening.

purdy didn't play well last game, but obviously cohn needs to come up with a hot take
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for sick9erfan.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

purdy didn't play well last game, but obviously cohn needs to come up with a hot take

He was running For his life the whole second half, he didn't play great but good enough to win.
Share 49ersWebzone