LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 336 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Purdy is playing fine. Not the problem with this team if you watch the games. Why is Aaron Rodgers losing? Why is Joe Burrow losing for that matter? Blame the QB is lazy. It's Nick WRONG hot takes. Look deeper at the actual problems with this team. It's decimated all over on injuries. Especially defense, special teams and weapons. But mostly defense, special teams, coaching, WR drops, backup RB fumbles are tanking us. Hardly Brock losing games for us. That's not what is happening.

I'm pretty certain I didn't blame the QB for the losses.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Purdy has to learn to throw that s**t away when his reads aren't open. Too many times we've seen him scramble only to get stop for a huge loss.

Throw that s**t away!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Purdy has to learn to throw that s**t away when his reads aren't open. Too many times we've seen him scramble only to get stop for a huge loss.

Throw that s**t away!!

Sometimes it's just not there and a throw away is good. 2nd and 10 is fine. It happens. But I think this team needs to go back to running. Which they are doing with Mason. He just needs to stop fumbling. Running and controlling the clock is best for how we are built. The defense and special teams have problems though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Throw that s**t away!!

Sometimes it's just not there and a throw away is good. 2nd and 10 is fine. It happens. But I think this team needs to go back to running. Which they are doing with Mason. He just needs to stop fumbling. Running and controlling the clock is best for how we are built. The defense and special teams have problems though.

I agree with everything. But I will say this, can't blame Purdy for tryna make things happen with his legs. Purdy is usually clutch and comes through with a first down. He's still young so hopefully he learns to throw it away when its not there. But getting back to controlling the clock with the running game would be good if the the 9ers had a good defense and CMC back. But opposing offenses just strike fast against this defense, that its hard to just control the clock. Gonna be playing catch up if that's the case.
He knows how to throw it away, he is just trying to do too much maybe with so much suck that our team is rn.
Originally posted by Montana:
He knows how to throw it away, he is just trying to do too much maybe with so much suck that our team is rn.

If he can learn to take what a defense is giving he will be hard to beat. (Brady imo was a master at this, but he also read a defense perfect 95% of the time)
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

If he can learn to take what a defense is giving he will be hard to beat. (Brady imo was a master at this, but he also read a defense perfect 95% of the time)

I think he's shown that he can do that. The problem is the receivers aren't getting open like they were last year. Defenses are able to stack the line to stop the run. I know it sounds simple but without CMC it makes everyone's job tougher. Defenses don't have to worry about him catching pass in the flat or running through a small hole and turning it into a big gain.
Purdy must think he is Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl sometimes.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I think he's shown that he can do that. The problem is the receivers aren't getting open like they were last year. Defenses are able to stack the line to stop the run. I know it sounds simple but without CMC it makes everyone's job tougher. Defenses don't have to worry about him catching pass in the flat or running through a small hole and turning it into a big gain.

I hear you, but they need to figure it out without him.

Receivers are getting open. Defenses have been stacking the box for the last 5 yrs.

the issue is the RZ, they're moving the ball just fine. CMC was automatic there. Mason isn't. Bad vision on the RBs and Brock not playing with as much anticipation down there like he did in the pass.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 10, 2024 at 1:20 PM ]

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Receivers are getting open. Defenses have been stacking the box for the last 5 yrs.

the issue is the RZ, they're moving the ball just fine. CMC was automatic there. Mason isn't. Bad vision on the RBs and Brock not playing with as much anticipation down there like he did in the pass.

Not having CMC frees up a defender to drop into coverage or blitz. It's like playing a man short. Easy to say they need to figure out how to play without him but remember that they didn't know he wasn't going to be available in the off season. They were blindsided by this and it's not easy to replace a player like that. There aren't many in the league that can do what he does.

Throw that s**t away!!

Too many times? He doesnt normally, atleast from watching, take alot of sacks scrambling around like last game, which was one time.
Anybody else notice he usually needs a drive or two to get settled at the beginning of every game?

Like why is the first series not scripted to account for this?

Usually by the third drive he's fully cooking but drives one and two he can miss throws he usually makes...

We should hand it off more to start games and give some high percentage screen type passes just to get him into the games.

Throw that s**t away!!

He has
Purdy's scrambling ability and awareness reminds me of prime Jeff Garcia.
Share 49ersWebzone