There are 245 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frenchmov:
He's still leaving clean pockets for no reason but it was a good game tonight overall obviously

He runs when no one is open
Brock a cool customer just inside his own end zone looking for a target at the last second.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
He's still leaving clean pockets for no reason but it was a good game tonight overall obviously

He runs when no one is open

Our guys must have the worst separation in the league.
Very good tonight. Defense have to account his scrambling ability. Good for him to check down a couple of times when his primary targets are not available.
Brock still needs to improve his red zone play reading.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

The whole team needs to improve greatly in the red zone. Lots of self forced errors across the team, from OL, to WR, to RB, to even Brock a few times.

They scored a few times there today. Even tight windows like Kittle. He did real well today.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They scored a few times there today. Even tight windows like Kittle. He did real well today.

I thought Purdy was our saving grace in the redzone. The two TD throws to Kittle were dimes in tight windows.

While I can't remember all of the failed redzone attempts. So maybe there were some missed reads but I do remember the third down 50/50 ball to Deebo. That was the design of the play and it was a good throw. I also remember the the third and long blown up failed screen pass to Juice. Those plays at least were not on Purdy in the least.
[ Edited by Bloodless on Oct 10, 2024 at 10:17 PM ]
MVP
Got this stat from ESPN.

Most Games in the last 3 season with 3 passing TDs and 0 INT

Brock Purdy = 8
Josh Allen = 6
Jared Goff = 6

Lol "Purdy shouldn't get paid, should not have gotten married, he sucks" lolol
They showed a graphic with the highest paid QBs in the league and where Brock stood in relation to them. His pay is something like 81st in the league among all players. I don't recall who all was on the list, there was Prescott and Lawrence and Mahomes I think, and Tua, and someone else. Aside from Mahomes maybe, I'd take Brock over all of those other guys. Especially Lawrence. Just goes to show you the danger of overpaying for QBs.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
They showed a graphic with the highest paid QBs in the league and where Brock stood in relation to them. His pay is something like 81st in the league among all players. I don't recall who all was on the list, there was Prescott and Lawrence and Mahomes I think, and Tua, and someone else. Aside from Mahomes maybe, I'd take Brock over all of those other guys. Especially Lawrence. Just goes to show you the danger of overpaying for QBs.

I'd take Burrow over Brock easy.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Very good tonight. Defense have to account his scrambling ability. Good for him to check down a couple of times when his primary targets are not available.

Yep, needed to make this as his primary adjustment. He made it. Very pleased with his progress this game.
Originally posted by joeknows:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:

Yep, needed to make this as his primary adjustment. He made it. Very pleased with his progress this game.

I like that he works the pocket and scrambles with his eyes downfield looking to pass first. If nothing is there he uses his wheels to get first downs if there is room. Thats the problem with guys like Geno or Allen. They often are used to running and don't always look to pass.

But eventually he has to stand in the pocket and shift around in the pocket and throw the ball and take his lumps. There are times where he does too much.
Share 49ersWebzone