LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 272 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looking for Kittle in the red zone is a recipe for success.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Looking for Kittle in the red zone is a recipe for success.

Exactly. He should be the first target with Jauan Jennings in the redzone.
How many TDs Kittle has scored since Purdy is the QB?

As for Purdy, I thought he was excellent.
After that loss against the Cardinals and his mistakes, how Purdy would react at Seattle on a Thursday night game?
He's a young QB and Seattle has been the house of horror for years for the Niners and specially Kyle. Yes I know that they won at Seattle the last two years but still it's not easy for the Niners to play there. The Improbable is always probable for the Seahawks in those games. Also it was a defense coached by Mike McDonald and we all know what happened against the Ravens last season.
And Purdy was really solid and calm. I like the way he scrambled.
That's the type of game like the one he had at Jacksonville last season that shows that Purdy is a good QB.
He's never too low, never too high. He's living in the present.
I think Brock looks better than last year in a lot of ways but our guys aren't nearly as open as they were last year, this entire season. It's super weird.

why has our YAC went from first to last?
why can't our guys get any separation?

brock is improved and making great throws and reads but the rest of the offense isn't doing what it usually does and I don't know why. It's like defenses know exactly what we are doing and just blanket us. Our redzone offense is a byproduct of that too.
Originally posted by tankle104:
brock is improved and making great throws and reads but the rest of the offense....

Originally posted by random49er:
brock is improved and making great throws and reads but the rest of the offense....

Yah I agree. The offense was terrible. Only gained 480 yards. The offense is moving the ball even without a lot of contributions from Aiyuk and no CMC. Critical mistakes and not being able to get TDs in the red zone have been the big issues along with defensive collapses in the 2nd half. They finally weree able to score in the red zone last night and the defense held up reasonably well. S

I'm still a little concerned about not getting sacks. The Giants had 6 or 7 last week against Seattle. The Niners got pressure but are still unable to get those sacks. Pressure is great. Sacks are better.
Brock just got a solid 15 minutes of compliments on the Pat McAfee show....they are big fans. They were slobbering.
Seems to me like the first read is not there too often this season. Not sure why.
deleted- wrong thread
[ Edited by asu49ers on Oct 11, 2024 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by random49er:

Yah I agree. The offense was terrible. Only gained 480 yards. The offense is moving the ball even without a lot of contributions from Aiyuk and no CMC. Critical mistakes and not being able to get TDs in the red zone have been the big issues along with defensive collapses in the 2nd half. They finally weree able to score in the red zone last night and the defense held up reasonably well. S

I'm still a little concerned about not getting sacks. The Giants had 6 or 7 last week against Seattle. The Niners got pressure but are still unable to get those sacks. Pressure is great. Sacks are better.

The Giants have an absolute monster in the middle with Dexter Lawrence though. That helps. I wish we had a guy like that at DT. Hargrave is a very good pass rusher, but by next year his salary will be way too much to keep, and we need a more balanced player who isn't a liability against the run.
This throw was crazy good.

HE STEADY PURDY !! HE STEADY !!

We are missing those bootleg plays however... damn Shanny!!!
Originally posted by Heroism:
This throw was crazy good.

The other one to Kittle qas a dime too. Both excellent throws
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Brock just got a solid 15 minutes of compliments on the Pat McAfee show....they are big fans. They were slobbering.

McAfee.... is much better than Cowherd.... . Or Nick WRONG....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 11, 2024 at 10:32 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone