There are 248 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
It took a while for Tom to get his flowers, he wasn't flashy like Favre, he just played smart, methodical football. Wasn't as "athletic" looking as some others, a sixth round pick, some would tease that he was dink and dunker for a while. Any of this sound familiar? Tom just kept proving people wrong and winning games. Brock will just have to earn it a bit more like he did. But I gave Brock all my flowers, jewelry and perfume some time ago lol. It is good if he plays with a bit of a chip on the shoulder, he will just keep silencing doubters and play damn good football . I wonder if him and Brady have talked and what that conversation was like.

It really wasn't until 2007, toms record smashing year, until folks starting saying he is awesome and all that. Before that, he was a "system" guy who just "didn't turn the ball over" and wasn't the reason why his team won.

which… was stupid. lol

I personally don't care if talking heads knock Brock for two main reasons:
1. These guys are paid to get views/clicks, not give real football info
2. It all gets back to Brock and he may look like a nice guy - but he's a killer when it comes to competitiveness. So I hope they knock him for a long time.

idk why people care so much about what dumb things are said, cause at this point - it's really just non sense. When people knock Brock.. it just tells me that they literally don't understand football. That's all it can really mean - that or they just hate the 49ers like we did with Russ Wilson and the Seahawks. Lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
It really wasn't until 2007, toms record smashing year, until folks starting saying he is awesome and all that. Before that, he was a "system" guy who just "didn't turn the ball over" and wasn't the reason why his team won.

which… was stupid. lol

2. It all gets back to Brock and he may look like a nice guy - but he's a killer when it comes to competitiveness. So I hope they knock him for a long time.

idk why people care so much about what dumb things are said, cause at this point - it's really just non sense. When people knock Brock.. it just tells me that they literally don't understand football. That's all it can really mean - that or they just hate the 49ers like we did with Russ Wilson and the Seahawks. Lol

Anybody who is in the business of "hot takes" is somebody i tend to disregard.

If your business model is say outrageous thing to get people to argue with each other in your algorithm, i will just skip and most often block.
These commentators do this to get a ride out of people. I will say Purdy is the only player I can ever remember where the only thing they can say is "yeah, well, put him on a 2-14 talentless team and see what happens!" They can only criticize in hypotheticals.

It is what it is. Their takes are idiotic but I don't begrudge any of these talking heads trying to make a living
Tom Brady won about 3 Super Bowls and multiple Pro Bowls before he was respected. The first few it was thought of as a great defense by Bill Belichick and he was a "game manager." I kid you not. That's really how people thought of him. Eventually there was so much winning that you just couldn't deny it anymore. Brady was more prolific later on too. His numbers were not huge in the first few years and even the playoffs or Super Bowl. He would sometimes have very pedestrian numbers. Which is why he was thought of that way.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Tom Brady won about 3 Super Bowls and multiple Pro Bowls before he was respected. The first few it was thought of as a great defense by Bill Belichick and he was a "game manager." I kid you not. That's really how people thought of him. Eventually there was so much winning that you just couldn't deny it anymore. Brady was more prolific later on too. His numbers were not huge in the first few years and even the playoffs or Super Bowl. He would sometimes have very pedestrian numbers. Which is why he was thought of that way.

I think Brock has the right idea, ultimately it doesn't matter what everyone says about him. All that matters is he goes out and does his job for the guys in this building.

The results over time will speak for themselves. If he is in the pro bowl every year and continues to ball out in the playoffs, eventually there just won't be any way to sensibly naysay anymore.
Wow just wow, Colin Cowturd went full retard and is full retard
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think Brock has the right idea, ultimately it doesn't matter what everyone says about him. All that matters is he goes out and does his job for the guys in this building.

The results over time will speak for themselves. If he is in the pro bowl every year and continues to ball out in the playoffs, eventually there just won't be any way to sensibly naysay anymore.

Fortunately, Brock is very comfortable in who he is and what he is about. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with his heavy commitment to his faith and great people in his inner circle (family and wife).

if he was insecure or worried about proving himself all the time, then it may become a problem, but he knows he's ballin and the right people are around him to make sure he knows how awesome he is.

Brock is uniquely mature for his age and I think we are super lucky to have him. I'm so excited for his career and hope he can handle business with us!
Could care less about rankings and s**t. It's about getting to the playoffs and winning the SB. Everything else is bs.

Fortunately, Brock is very comfortable in who he is and what he is about. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with his heavy commitment to his faith and great people in his inner circle (family and wife).

if he was insecure or worried about proving himself all the time, then it may become a problem, but he knows he's ballin and the right people are around him to make sure he knows how awesome he is.

Brock is uniquely mature for his age and I think we are super lucky to have him. I'm so excited for his career and hope he can handle business with us!

Outside noise doesn't bother Brock anymore. Hell, even losing doesn't bother him anymore. He doesn't panic, he stays calm and steady that's why the 49ers always finds a way to rebound from a loss or even a consecutive losses. The important thing is, he knows his major motivation is he's playing for his brothers and he keeps on improving or making himself a better player. In my opinion he's gotten better this year than last year.

All this, plus when you have guys like Trent Williams, Fred Warner, CMC and George Kittle singing your praises why would you care what a guy like Cowherd thinks?

which… was stupid. lol

The problem with the idiotic talking heads is that they were the sole reason why you can't have rational conversations with younger fans. They think spitting hot takes and calling people overrated is how sports discourse should be cause of the Skips and Cowherds of the world.

Like I'm not even a old head yet, I'm not even 30 yet (but getting close) but having a conversation with someone 5 years younger is annoying unless they actually played sports.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

which… was stupid. lol

The problem with the idiotic talking heads is that they were the sole reason why you can't have rational conversations with younger fans. They think spitting hot takes and calling people overrated is how sports discourse should be cause of the Skips and Cowherds of the world.

Like I'm not even a old head yet, I'm not even 30 yet (but getting close) but having a conversation with someone 5 years younger is annoying unless they actually played sports.

Bill belichick started a YouTube channel called "Coach with BB" and it's awesome. He has Michael Lombardi and Matt Patricia discuss current topics in the nfl - like they just discussed the jets firing of salah and it's awesome.

great insight and rational conversations, if you're interested
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Wow just wow, Colin Cowturd went full retard and is full retard

Idk why people like him have so much power. These people vote for mvps. I really wish voting went to people more qualified.

People like him are why I only listen to youtubers. They're actually well informed and more entertaining.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Idk why people like him have so much power. These people vote for mvps. I really wish voting went to people more qualified.

People like him are why I only listen to youtubers. They're actually well informed and more entertaining.

Basically every analyst that breaks down film thinks Brock is playing great. That tells you a lot.
Share 49ersWebzone