There are 273 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Basically every analyst that breaks down film thinks Brock is playing great. That tells you a lot.

Thats it right there. You can't possibly watch the tape and think that Brock isn't a good QB or is being "carried by avengers." Talking heads like Colin and Skip do not watch the tape; they may watch some games but they don't watch and analyze it to understand what is going on for each play the way that others do. And those "others" universally think very highly of Brock
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Basically every analyst that breaks down film thinks Brock is playing great. That tells you a lot.

Thats it right there. You can't possibly watch the tape and think that Brock isn't a good QB or is being "carried by avengers." Talking heads like Colin and Skip do not watch the tape; they may watch some games but they don't watch and analyze it to understand what is going on for each play the way that others do. And those "others" universally think very highly of Brock

Here is the thing about guys like Colin and skip - they CANT break down film. They don't know how. They don't know how to identify which defensive sets the plays are, what type of formation the offense is in, what the progressions are etc.

they literally can't do that. Skip got punked live about that.
their takes are as useful as reusable toilet paper.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Idk why people like him have so much power. These people vote for mvps. I really wish voting went to people more qualified.

People like him are why I only listen to youtubers. They're actually well informed and more entertaining.
Good point.
CC seems like a great example of popularity and namesake over sustenance. YouTubers are much more informative and for the most part do not appear to have any draft prejudices. But for the most part MVPs have been spot on but I think that's by consensus so IMHO anyone of us could also do the voting. Most voters, except, for the ones who played the game, are not all that special.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Here is the thing about guys like Colin and skip - they CANT break down film. They don't know how. They don't know how to identify which defensive sets the plays are, what type of formation the offense is in, what the progressions are etc.

they literally can't do that. Skip got punked live about that.
their takes are as useful as reusable toilet paper.

💯
Yes Cowturd, Bo Nix is definitely better than Brock as he starts 0/1 with a pick. How that guy is not thoroughly embarrassed I have no clue.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Yes Cowturd, Bo Nix is definitely better than Brock as he starts 0/1 with a pick. How that guy is not thoroughly embarrassed I have no clue

Everyone says Brock has it easy because of Kyle and the playmakers. This could be argued in 2022. But after another 25 games it's just dumb. Having to continually deliver when you will be seen as holding them back if you don't is also a ton of pressure and is hardly easy.
Yes Cowturd, Bo Nix is definitely better than Brock as he starts 0/1 with a pick. How that guy is not thoroughly embarrassed I have no clue.

Hardly a big sample size but I don't think Nix is better than Purdy. When these guys are asked to rank their players they don't necessarily look at stats. They often just look at physical characteristics. For the record I've heard Cowherd say he's changed his mind on Purdy and now thinks he's much better than he thought.
Originally posted by captveg:
Yes Cowturd, Bo Nix is definitely better than Brock as he starts 0/1 with a pick. How that guy is not thoroughly embarrassed I have no clue

Everyone says Brock has it easy because of Kyle and the playmakers. This could be argued in 2022. But after another 25 games it's just dumb. Having to continually deliver when you will be seen as holding them back if you don't is also a ton of pressure and is hardly easy.

The truth as usual lies somewhere in-between. What's looked forward to as growth is going into 4th quarters with better end-game performance. A pick saved us this time. When all of the main weapons are back, hopefully, we wont need a pick.
Why is there so much credence and discussion about what Cowherd says? This is exactly what he's trying to do. Just ignore it and move on. No need to comment on it.
Watching baker scramble today and its evident how much quicker brock is than him

https://fixupx.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1845577141536076220

This guy is better than Brock.... apparently
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Watching baker scramble today and its evident how much quicker brock is than him

But what does Cowerd think!!! Hahaha
Bonix "Checkdown" Smith > Purdy

—national media that goes to sleep 7pm ET on Sundays
Originally posted by Kolohe:
But what does Cowerd think!!! Hahaha

Poor SD. We gotta send him to someone...

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Hardly a big sample size but I don't think Nix is better than Purdy. When these guys are asked to rank their players they don't necessarily look at stats. They often just look at physical characteristics. For the record I've heard Cowherd say he's changed his mind on Purdy and now thinks he's much better than he thought.

I am embarrassed to admit how many decades I watched football until I came upon something that I think is a fundamental truth.

You got a loaded NFL team? You can draft a high powered stud college QB....because that guy has proven he can work with talent and get results...

If you have some holes on your team....you better make DAMN sure, as poor as your team is....that it will still be the best o-line, skill player core your QB has ever worked with.
Basically you don't say...hey...this dude is throwing to guys we think will be great in the NFL, and we know 90% of his line will be playing on Sundays....so let's draft him and see how he does with a team that has cast off skill guys in the first year of a rebuild.

Brock Purdy is the way....find a dude who has an NFL arm, NFL accuracy....but has to play perfect, under duress every single Saturday to give his team a chance to match power house programs.

Grab some skills guys that rock 1 to 2 years before you draft that QB, and put him behind hte best line he has ever seen, and throwing to the best skill guys he has ever seen.

As an Auburn guy....there is absolutely no way...I would touch Bo Nix with a 10 foot poll. I wish the best for him, I hope Bo Nix ends up as one of the best QBs of all times....I really do..... but I have watched that dude fall apart ...wayyyyyy too many times at Auburn...I know what that guy looks like when the team is falling apart around him, he is not a stabilizing force.
Share 49ersWebzone