There are 254 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
John Middlekauff's podcast response with Colin to his face in response to Colin's take that Nix is better than Purdy is worth watching. But Colin's take is this same old trash from national media members who are in the take business as opposed to game analysis business.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only QBs I would trade Brock for- for this team with this coach and GM and players - are Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and maybe Stroud. This is even including the money Brock is going to make. I am not trading for Burrow, who I like better, because of his injuries, nor am I trading for Lamar because of his style of play and playoff woes. I am not trading him for Stafford because of his age and injury history. I am not trading for any of the rookies because Brock has proven he can play when it matters. No way would I trade for Goff, Prescott, Love, Baker, Hurts, ect. Only Love would be worth considering.
Originally posted by tankle104:

for all those freakin out over what Colin said - this is the business side to "sports talk".

Colin is the bad guy and the people that dislike Brock love it and people who like him get upset.

Jason is the good guy here and people who love Brock get excited for him and Brock haters get upset.

theyre capitalizing on the entire market of brock purdy media. They are running a business, people shouldn't take what they say too serious.

Colin is a "heel" lol and honestly their opinions aren't even theirs…can't have a hot take/debate show if everyone agrees and doesn't have hot takes.

it's not like any of these people will be held accountable for their bad takes down the road.
What I find interesting is since the SB teams realize Purdy destroys Zone so everyone now plays us man most of the time.

Purdy beats man, but the issue is our skill players don't do very well against man coupled with a weak o-line and there you have it.

Bright side is all the experience Purdy is getting.
Originally posted by SD49er:
John Middlekauff's podcast response with Colin to his face in response to Colin's take that Nix is better than Purdy is worth watching. But Colin's take is this same old trash from national media members who are in the take business as opposed to game analysis business.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only QBs I would trade Brock for- for this team with this coach and GM and players - are Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and maybe Stroud. This is even including the money Brock is going to make. I am not trading for Burrow, who I like better, because of his injuries, nor am I trading for Lamar because of his style of play and playoff woes. I am not trading him for Stafford because of his age and injury history. I am not trading for any of the rookies because Brock has proven he can play when it matters. No way would I trade for Goff, Prescott, Love, Baker, Hurts, ect. Only Love would be worth considering.

Link?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
What I find interesting is since the SB teams realize Purdy destroys Zone so everyone now plays us man most of the time.

Purdy beats man, but the issue is our skill players don't do very well against man coupled with a weak o-line and there you have it.

Yeah, Brock rarely continuously plays poorly against a scheme. You can see how much he studies and usually has a really nice game the second time around.

im hoping that Pearsall will be helpful against man.

Yeah, Brock rarely continuously plays poorly against a scheme. You can see how much he studies and usually has a really nice game the second time around.

I have a feeling we were going to take Worthy if he was there at 31. The theme definitely seemed to be man beaters. Hopefully Cowing and Pearsall develop into the weapons we hope with that.
Every week, Dak keeps making Purdy's deal that much bigger. Idiot Jerry!
This is the year Brock establishes himself as an elite QB.

I was worried Purdy was regressing, but from everything I'm seeing and reading he's not. The problem is the skill players we have are having a hard time beating man coverage coupled with protection etc. I know we sort of knew this by the end of last year, but I did not realize it was this bad.

I guess this is the hope for Pearsall.

Originally posted by Heroism:

If we didn't blow two games, he would be getting a ton of props. Hes been doing some pretty incredible things. Easily elite things, we just need to keep winning.

i hope we go on a 10+ game terror and grab control of the playoff positioning, doesn't look great right now but never know.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

If we didn't blow two games, he would be getting a ton of props. Hes been doing some pretty incredible things. Easily elite things, we just need to keep winning.

i hope we go on a 10+ game terror and grab control of the playoff positioning, doesn't look great right now but never know.

I disagree. There is a large contingent of "experts" who have hitched their wagon to the narrative that Purdy's success is due to Kyle and the Niners' skill guys. It's going to take multiple Super Bowl wins and MVP's before that narrative changes. Look how long Brady's success was discounted; it will be similar. Let's hope Purdy is able to come close to duplicating what Brady did.
Originally posted by Furlow:

I disagree. There is a large contingent of "experts" who have hitched their wagon to the narrative that Purdy's success is due to Kyle and the Niners' skill guys. It's going to take multiple Super Bowl wins and MVP's before that narrative changes. Look how long Brady's success was discounted; it will be similar. Let's hope Purdy is able to come close to duplicating what Brady did.

I'll be happy if Brock gets 1/7 of the super bowls that Brady did. Lol I'll take more but I'd be happy with one.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:

I'll be happy if Brock gets 1/7 of the super bowls that Brady did. Lol I'll take more but I'd be happy with one.

I can't say I disagree lol. But I'd MUCH rather see at least two if not more. He has all of the makings an all-time great, just gotta get over the hump of Mahomes/Chiefs/refs.
Share 49ersWebzone