Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
KS needs to lock Purdy in a room and remind him to throw check down passes to the RB in the flats

It is the counter to middle field defense and run first defense KC stuffed us with
what pass should have been thrown like that today?

The incomplete pass to Juice down the sideline. Mason was wide open in the flat for 10+
juice had the ball so it's his fault.

Are…are you serious?
yes, i am. I remember the replay.

Do you know how challenging of a catch that would have been to come down with? The coverage was near perfect.

Purdy does have a problem with not checking the ball down. It's been an issue all season long. Weird because he checked it down to CMC all the time. He has RBs open on shorter plays all the time but never throws it.

Our YAC is almost non-existent and there's no way it's just because we can't get separation.

Not every throw can be 10+ yards, I don't care how much you've worked out during the off season.
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Hate to say it, but today was a huge let down #ChokeJob

Rough game. Some mitigating circumstances, but still clearly not the showing and stat line you want.

He'll bounce back, but he'll be hated by most 49er fans from now on no matter how well he plays going forward.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Hate to say it, but today was a huge let down #ChokeJob

The Brock carried by Avenger media squad gonna go off this week
guys, what have you expected? Our season was shaky, you won't win like that against an unbeaten team.
IT'S THE Shanny's 3 year SLIDE...

he gets a new QB looking awesome because of his system, and then becomes a promising QB, then suddenly, DOWN SPIRAL...

just like Ryan.. . just like Grappy.. now it's Purdy... .. and he's looking more like a SOLID BACK UP... much like Foles... will always be good, but TIME TO TIME...
Brock has no arm strength.

The two Long plays to Kittle and Cowing should have been touchdowns but Brock underthrew on very soft passes.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

The two Long plays to Kittle and Cowing should have been touchdowns but Brock underthrew on very soft passes.

This is the truth.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
KS needs to lock Purdy in a room and remind him to throw check down passes to the RB in the flats

It is the counter to middle field defense and run first defense KC stuffed us with

The incomplete pass to Juice down the sideline. Mason was wide open in the flat for 10+

Are…are you serious?

Do you know how challenging of a catch that would have been to come down with? The coverage was near perfect.

Purdy does have a problem with not checking the ball down. It's been an issue all season long. Weird because he checked it down to CMC all the time. He has RBs open on shorter plays all the time but never throws it.

Our YAC is almost non-existent and there's no way it's just because we can't get separation.

Not every throw can be 10+ yards, I don't care how much you've worked out during the off season.

There are plenty of plays where the backs can get 5+ easy yards

Against the top run D in the league we should have relied on it heavily

When we faced the SB caliber Rams a few years back in a must win game KS used quick short passes to WR at the LOS instead of the run game

I don't know why he didn't adapt after seeing all the 0 yard runs today

Cowing on our last drive was the only one
Originally posted by 9moon:

he gets a new QB looking awesome because of his system, and then becomes a promising QB, then suddenly, DOWN SPIRAL...

just like Ryan.. . just like Grappy.. now it's Purdy... .. and he's looking more like a SOLID BACK UP... much like Foles... will always be good, but TIME TO TIME...
solid backup, i lolled hard

he could have thrown that further but the play just did not call for a deeper drop and that's why he could not step up..

This seems to be the cycle for Kyle quarterbacks.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Oct 20, 2024 at 4:42 PM ]

That has gotta be his worst game so far

Ugh. We did lose BA, Jennings and Deebo though. That's rough. Bell can't do s**t. Mason plays crappy sometimes and is no CMC. And that doesn't leave us with much. Cowing made a nice play...only to have it not be worth anything.
There are plenty of plays where the backs can get 5+ easy yards

Against the top run D in the league we should have relied on it heavily

When we faced the SB caliber Rams a few years back in a must win game KS used quick short passes to WR at the LOS instead of the run game

I don't know why he didn't adapt after seeing all the 0 yard runs today

Cowing on our last drive was the only one
he adapted so that Mason was able to run pretty solid in half two.
abandoning the run is like telegraphing that a pass will be thrown.

Are…are you serious?

at times, this fan base is unreal. we had captain check downs for years, everyone hated that.
now we got a gunslinger, no, we want check downs rarara!

Understand how football works. There's a time to check it down and there's a time to throw the ball down the field. It's really not that difficult.

he could have thrown that further but the play just did not call for a deeper drop and that's why he could not step up..

But also, Brock has no arm strength.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Brock definitely had a bad game, but our receivers corps is simply embarrassing.
Share 49ersWebzone