LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 300 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Brock has no arm strength.

The two Long plays to Kittle and Cowing should have been touchdowns but Brock underthrew on very soft passes.

Definitely a couple examples of the real limitations he has with the arm. Even the 2nd pick… which was clearly an incorrect route by Bell… he's having to throw it very early, with a lot of anticipation, to make sideline throws work. It works when you have players dialed in, not so much when they are replacements.

The offense was abysmal today. Brock was too. Kyle's end of first half management and playcalling did them no favors, and they looked way too sloppy from the jump, with extra time coming in.

Ha, Kyle Shanahan just burst the bubble on that. He just said in his presser that it was not on Bell, Brock just missed the throw and it was 100% his fault.
can't believe it, way too off.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ha, Kyle Shanahan just burst the bubble on that. He just said in his presser that it was not on Bell, Brock just missed the throw and it was 100% his fault.

Yikes.... that's sooooo much worse

Definitely. That was an absolutely terrible throw if that's the case.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by communist:
Understand how football works. There's a time to check it down and there's a time to throw the ball down the field. It's really not that difficult.
check down if you don't have anything to throw to, Purdy is not that type of a guy Necessarily.
To me, the pass to juice was ok.

I don't think it's a bad thing he looks to push the ball down the field but he's doing that WAY more this year than he was last year. Last year he took what the defense gave him. This year he is being too greedy and always trying to get the big plays.
this one i agree with.
When the 49ers needed him to play Like a qb of the future, he threw to the Chiefs. He was garbage today.
Understand how football works. There's a time to check it down and there's a time to throw the ball down the field. It's really not that difficult.
check down if you don't have anything to throw to, Purdy is not that type of a guy Necessarily.

I don't think it's a bad thing he looks to push the ball down the field but he's doing that WAY more this year than he was last year. Last year he took what the defense gave him. This year he is being too greedy and always trying to get the big plays.

I wonder how much CMC being out is affecting his choices here. He doesn't seem to trust Mason as much on checkdowns.
Purdy was beyond awful today. Defense was good enough to win but Purdy just completely absolutely sucked... So disappointing
Purdy match Mahomes int for int except for the last one

The Head Coach who calls the plays said it himself. Sorry but that was on Brock. KS said it without stuttering.
Both deep completions should have been TD's but his lack of arm strength was evident.
  • bud49
  • Veteran

this one i agree with.

Maybe Kyle and Brock are setting the whole league up and are going to pull a switcharoo in the last games and start throwing short.

Originally posted by wisecraft:
When the 49ers needed him to play Like a qb of the future, he threw to the Chiefs. He was garbage today.

The only game where we needed him to play like a franchise QB and he came through was the Lions championship game. Today he s**t the bed

The Head Coach who calls the plays said it himself. Sorry but that was on Brock. KS said it without stuttering.
conspiracy theory: They didn't want to throw Bell under the bus which would "kill" him after the deadly drop against the Rams.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He just sucked today. That's it.

he's young.. I say let him sit for a game or two... this may help him get uncomfy again and just be more focus just like his early years..

sometimes, when a young player, QB espcially, gets an instant success, he becomes too comfy that he can do it instead of playing w/in his means...

I say bring in EINSTEIN for a game or two !!!
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Maybe Brock Purdy should go back to Iowa and marry his sweetheart and work on her daddy's farm and forget about football.

what
We have seen this story playout a thousand times in the NFL...... QBs generally need a pocket as simple as that....

Especially a guy like Brock that does not "wait" until guys get open....

live by the sword, die by the sword.....

Let's hope this is a wake up call for Brock to realize.... there are times he has to take what the defense gives you.....check down is not a bad word...
Share 49ersWebzone