LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 281 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I don't know about biggest misses*… probably a little hyperbole there especially given how bad the picks were… but they were definitely missed opportunities. Those are easy TDs we don't cash in.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:10 PM ]
Purdy wins last week, everyone loves him. Doesn't have a great game now it's he sucks, don't pay him..most bi-polar fan base ever haha
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm trying not to overreact. Purdy played like absolute sh** today. That much was obvious. He cost us the game, easily.

I'm looking at the other top QBs and they all have had games like this though. Josh Allen had two awful games like this last year, both close losses where he had 3 and 4 turnovers in each.

Dak threw two pick sixes in the playoffs. He's thrown a massive amount of scoring position picks this year.

Purdy has been horribly inconsistent this year, that's the biggest issue. And the problems have been primarily individual.

A great QB would be doing whatever it takes to win, sometimes that means just eating it for a sack, taking the easy completion, or throwing it away.

Mahomes was almost as bad today. 154 yards 2 int, no td's, to add to the context

But if you watch the game and not the stats it was not even close
I mean I know this fanbase is ecstatic to throw Purdy under the bus and dump him the moment he finally has a bad game, but seriously who would we replace him with? Quarterbacks don't grow on trees. It's not like you can just trade for Mahomes or Allen. A lot of teams probably regret paying their QB's…

It's like Kyle Shanahan. This fanbase wants him fired just because he can't win a Super Bowl but then who can??? Who are you replacing him with??? Some college retread is not going to just walk in here and win a Super Bowl. Get real.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:09 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I don't hate Brock but they cannot be forced into a long term deal because no one else. The next off season gonna be like a TMZ special.
in all seriousness, you all missed the last 1-2 offseasons? Guys like Tua and Goff have been paid...and don't forget about Dak
[ Edited by communist on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:09 PM ]
Brock is a shadow of the player he was even in his rookie season.

The game has broken him.
Originally posted by Montana:
Purdy wins last week, everyone loves him. Doesn't have a great game now it's he sucks, don't pay him..most bi-polar fan base ever haha

Right! I swear the fans are emo kids
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I mean I know this fanbase is ecstatic to throw Purdy under the bus and dump him the moment he finally has a bad game, but seriously who would we replace him with? Quarterbacks don't grow on trees It's not like you can just trade for Mahomes or Allen. A lot of teams probably regret paying their QB's…

The last time we handpicked our future we gave up 3 first rounders and we got nothing lol
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Since no one wants to believe me, go to the 1:08 mark of the post game presser and hear Kyle say hat 2nd INT was on Brock.

I believe you he did not play well today and I expect him to admit it at the podium.

His pressers are annoying me. Same tone week after week.

I mean I know this fanbase is ecstatic to throw Purdy under the bus and dump him the moment he finally has a bad game, but seriously who would we replace him with? Quarterbacks don't grow on trees It's not like you can just trade for Mahomes or Allen. A lot of teams probably regret paying their QB's…

Lol @ "finally" has a bad game. He's had several this season. He's regressing. He's a good QB who needs almost everything working properly around him. Nothing wrong with that. But that's all he is.
This was the game I wanted to see if Brock could show he was a franchise QB. He was playing with one weapon and a bunch of journey men which you get when you get top QB money and this is what we got. I think Brock is a good QB but if we pay him 30+ million a year and loose players I don't think he can carry a team.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Aside from the INTs, he was shaky at best
I mean I know this fanbase is ecstatic to throw Purdy under the bus and dump him the moment he finally has a bad game, but seriously who would we replace him with? Quarterbacks don't grow on trees. It's not like you can just trade for Mahomes or Allen. A lot of teams probably regret paying their QB's…

It's like Kyle Shanahan. This fanbase wants him fired just because he can't win a Super Bowl but then who can??? Who are you replacing him with??? Some college retread is not going to just walk in here and win a Super Bowl. Get real.

Well, we could have kept Sam Darnold for one.

Even Mariotta has more arm strength than Purdy.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I don't hate Brock but they cannot be forced into a long term deal because no one else. The next off season gonna be like a TMZ special.
in all seriousness, you all missed the last 1-2 offseasons? Guys like Tua and Goff have been paid...and don't forget about Dak

lol right?

The moment Purdy has a bad game this fanbase is suddenly done with him? After ~30 good games all it takes is 1-2 bad games for everyone to be like "see that's it the haters were right!! TIME FOR A NEW QUARTERBACK!!"

People need to get real. Purdy is going to get paid. Quarterbacks don't grow on trees.
Share 49ersWebzone