LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 267 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When is Stafford available? Next year or year after? I say if you want to pay someone, pay him.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I mean I know this fanbase is ecstatic to throw Purdy under the bus and dump him the moment he finally has a bad game, but seriously who would we replace him with? Quarterbacks don't grow on trees It's not like you can just trade for Mahomes or Allen. A lot of teams probably regret paying their QB's…

Lol @ "finally" has a bad game. He's had several this season. He's regressing. He's a good QB who needs almost everything working properly around him. Nothing wrong with that. But that's all he is.
he doesn't regress, he is off.
I mean I know this fanbase is ecstatic to throw Purdy under the bus and dump him the moment he finally has a bad game, but seriously who would we replace him with? Quarterbacks don't grow on trees It's not like you can just trade for Mahomes or Allen. A lot of teams probably regret paying their QB's…

Lol @ "finally" has a bad game. He's had several this season. He's regressing. He's a good QB who needs almost everything working properly around him. Nothing wrong with that. But that's all he is.

He had a 100+ passer rating going into this game…
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Ha, Kyle Shanahan just burst the bubble on that. He just said in his presser that it was not on Bell, Brock just missed the throw and it was 100% his fault.

but but but but but....
I'd rather pay Sam the man Darnold at this point....
Originally posted by LB49ers:
This was the game I wanted to see if Brock could show he was a franchise QB. He was playing with one weapon and a bunch of journey men which you get when you get top QB money and this is what we got. I think Brock is a good QB but if we pay him 30+ million a year and loose players I don't think he can carry a team.
this game? wtf? are you for real???
Good QB but a limited one. You can win a SB with him but everything will need to go right.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
When is Stafford available? Next year or year after? I say if you want to pay someone, pay him.

Ah yes let's pay the 38-year-old-thinking-about-retirement-injury-prone-quarterback! All because he won a Super Bowl a few years ago! Brilliant!
I think Purdy can be the guy. But we need to do a better job protecting him. It's in his head now and affecting his play.
Originally posted by JC_916:
I'd rather pay Sam the man Darnold at this point....

Shanahan and lunch let him walk

Originally posted by Montana:
Lol lots of Purdy dissin but dude, dnt forget, we didn't have three WRs, no CMC, Mason is playing so-so.

Yea so really, we didn't have 4 WRs. Mason had a good 2nd half for sure.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
He is not having a very good year. Let's see how he finishes but it may put the front office in a very difficult position.
there is no difficult position. The qb market is skewed towards qbs heavily.

Seems like you're hoping he gets as much as possible. Weird "want" for a fan.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:

Ah yes let's pay the 38-year-old-thinking-about-retirement-injury-prone-quarterback! All because he won a Super Bowl a few years ago! Brilliant!

Would he throw 3 picks and 0 TDs against the Chiefs today? I doubt it.

He had a 100+ passer rating going into this game…

So did 9 other guys, and several others were right on the cusp with far worse supporting casts…
If Purdy ever had a career changing leg injury like Jimmy G did....he'd basically be the 2nd coming of Jimmy with no arm strength and no running ability post injury.

Don't mortgage the future on Purdy. Play out his contract then tag his ass.
Share 49ersWebzone