LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 233 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm trying not to overreact. Purdy played like absolute sh** today. That much was obvious. He cost us the game, easily.

I'm looking at the other top QBs and they all have had games like this though. Josh Allen had two awful games like this last year, both close losses where he had 3 and 4 turnovers in each.

Dak threw two pick sixes in the playoffs. He's thrown a massive amount of scoring position picks this year.

Purdy has been horribly inconsistent this year, that's the biggest issue. And the problems have been primarily individual.

A great QB would be doing whatever it takes to win, sometimes that means just eating it for a sack, taking the easy completion, or throwing it away.

Yeah, it is easy for people to be down on a guy when he has probably the worst the game of his career. He played terrible no question while simultaneously having his top 3 WRs out and going up against one of the best defenses in football. Not necessarily because of it but along side with it. This is the result of those things.

One thing I have noticed about this year vs last year is the completion %. We got to play design some completions. Screens, check-downs. underneath routes. whatever. If we have some three and outs so be it. But we got to start designing more completions underneath and not just trying to get 10-20 yard gains all game long. I feel like the accuracy was a little off to start this game but mostly it was just the poor decisions on the two Ints. I am not sure what the issue was on the Bell INT but it wasn't pretty. Going forward we need to take better care of the ball and get/take some easier throws. I think it will be fine. Everyone thought the same thing against the Ravens and we were in OT in the superbowl. Although as a team I don't believe we are as good right now as we were then.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I don't hate Brock but they cannot be forced into a long term deal because no one else. The next off season gonna be like a TMZ special.
in all seriousness, you all missed the last 1-2 offseasons? Guys like Tua and Goff have been paid...and don't forget about Dak

lol right?

The moment Purdy has a bad game this fanbase is suddenly done with him? After ~30 good games all it takes is 1-2 bad games for everyone to be like "see that's it the haters were right!! TIME FOR A NEW QUARTERBACK!!"

People need to get real. Purdy is going to get paid. Quarterbacks don't grow on trees.

I don't hate him or flip flopping but on the other hand if we can all be very honest the opposite is true too. We most likely do not have enough history to form the real situation. You have to see a QB in all situations not just when things perfect around him.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
Purdy wins last week, everyone loves him. Doesn't have a great game now it's he sucks, don't pay him..most bi-polar fan base ever haha

He's had a lot of bad games this year.

We're 7 games in and he pretty much has 3 good games. Week 1 vs the Jets, Week 3 vs the Rams, and last week vs Seattle.

That's getting pretty alarming.
Originally posted by JC_916:
I'd rather pay Sam the man Darnold at this point....

lol.

Purdy finally has a bad game after a 30+ game sample size of being a franchise QB, Darnold finally has a few decent games and this fanbase's conclusion is suddenly "should've kept Darnold!"

Yall are ridiculous. This team will never, ever have a franchise QB if this is going to be the standard mindset. Even Mahomes would be getting cut at the drop of a hat if you all were in charge of this team.
lol right?

The moment Purdy has a bad game this fanbase is suddenly done with him? After ~30 good games all it takes is 1-2 bad games for everyone to be like "see that's it the haters were right!! TIME FOR A NEW QUARTERBACK!!"

People need to get real. Purdy is going to get paid. Quarterbacks don't grow on trees.

Not everyone is 'done with him'. Some are questioning whether it will be wise to pay him like an elite quarterback when the time comes. We have a lot more games to evaluate as well going forward.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by Montana:
Purdy wins last week, everyone loves him. Doesn't have a great game now it's he sucks, don't pay him..most bi-polar fan base ever haha

He's had a lot of bad games this year.

We're 7 games in and he pretty much has 3 good games. Week 1 vs the Jets, Week 3 vs the Rams, and last week vs Seattle.

That's getting pretty alarming.

Patriots game was good too
Lol this fan base sucks haha
Yikes
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by JC_916:
I'd rather pay Sam the man Darnold at this point....

Shanahan and lunch let him walk
and rightfully so. he was trash for how many years now?
I don't hate Brock but they cannot be forced into a long term deal because no one else. The next off season gonna be like a TMZ special.

Alot of football left to be played. Deebo should be back next week. Dont kno what's up with Jennings' hip but Purdy's going to earn his money, regardless of how much it is, these next few weeks.
[ Edited by random49er on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:17 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

Alot of football left to be played. Deebo should be back next week. Dont kno what's up with Jennings' hip but he's going to earn his money, regardless of how much it is, these next few weeks.

Deebo is cooked. He's done. Why is that so hard for everyone to see?

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'd have to watch the plays again, but was he able to step into these throws? We all know Brock doesn't have the strongest arm, so he does need his body to really get the extra distance on his deep shots. So I'm curious to know if he got his legs into these throws and still came up a bit short.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
lol right?

Not everyone is 'done with him'. Some are questioning whether it will be wise to pay him like an elite quarterback when the time comes. We have a lot more games to evaluate as well going forward.
one more time: If Tua, Goff and Dak have been paid, there is no question if Purdy will be too...
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'd have to watch the plays again, but was he able to step into these throws? We all know Brock doesn't have the strongest arm, so he does need his body to really get the extra distance on his deep shots. So I'm curious to know if he got his legs into these throws and still came up a bit short.
i think that to Kittle he was not but to Cowing he was
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by random49er:

Alot of football left to be played. Deebo should be back next week. Dont kno what's up with Jennings' hip but he's going to earn his money, regardless of how much it is, these next few weeks.

Deebo is cooked. He's done. Why is that so hard for everyone to see?

He absolutely is. I could care less if he ever sets foot on the field as a 49er again. Dude has given up.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Problem is that's not how the QB market works. It's basically Top 20-25 starters get market resetting deals while everyone else is on far cheaper deals. He's easily been Top 10 over 30-ish games. He's gonna get paid unless he's injured.
Share 49ersWebzone