LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 249 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Btw I know Shanahan threw Brock under the bus by blaming him on that Bell INT but he will have a different answer after he watches the film. Bell ran the wrong route, and the proof is his WR coach chewing him out on the sidelines after the play. If you want to blame Brock, blame him for not throwing it away or even targeting Bell knowing the guy is damaged goods…
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I don't hate Brock but they cannot be forced into a long term deal because no one else. The next off season gonna be like a TMZ special.

Alot of football left to be played. Deebo should be back next week. Dont kno what's up with Jennings' hip but he's going to earn his money, regardless of how much it is, these next few weeks.

Deebo is cooked. He's done. Why is that so hard for everyone to see?
illness...
Originally posted by communist:
one more time: If Tua, Goff and Dak have been paid, there is no question if Purdy will be too...

I wouldn't argue that somebody will pay Purdy, or even that Purdy doesn't deserve to be paid.

Other teams making what I would consider to be bad decisions isn't exactly a compelling argument.

Is it wise for the 49ers to pay Purdy like an elite QB. I think that question isn't answered yet, and it's unreasonable to think it's settled right now either way.
Originally posted by Montana:
Lol this fan base sucks haha
Yikes

Yep, it's toxic right now. Fact is, Purdy has been really good this season, graded #1 before this game per PFF. Really bad game today. But he has stepped up in big games, he's won 4 playoff games, eagles in Philly last year was a big win, so was dallas week 5 last year.

Lots of emotion around here cause today hurts. I wouldn't take any of the really bad takes too seriously, but yeah, there's a reason why the term 40 whiner exists.
[ Edited by BP13 on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:21 PM ]
I don't hate Brock but they cannot be forced into a long term deal because no one else. The next off season gonna be like a TMZ special.

Alot of football left to be played. Deebo should be back next week. Dont kno what's up with Jennings' hip but he's going to earn his money, regardless of how much it is, these next few weeks.

Didn't say he's going to light the world on fire and you're kinda adding to my point. Kittle's still in his prime,...Aiyuk's gone, CMC still gone,..our 1st Rd pick is just now getting into game shape,...so his money's going to be earned when the cupboard isint quite as full as it's been his 1st couple of yrs.
This man isn't a top 15 QB
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by Montana:
Lol this fan base sucks haha
Yikes

Yep, it's toxic right now. Fact is, Purdy has been really good this season, graded #1 before this game per PFF. Really bad game today. But he has stepped up in big games, he's won 4 playoff games, eagles in Philly last year was a big win, so was dallas week 5 last year.

Lots of emotion around here cause the today hurts. I wouldn't take any of the really bad takes too seriously, but yeah, there's a reason why the term 40 whiner exists.

It's exhausting and makes the losses much worse.

Do we really need a new HC and QB every single time we lose a game? Because both are hard to find yet this fanbase acts like both are ridiculously easy to replace…

Didn't say he's going to light the world on fire and you're kinda adding to my point. Kittle's still in his prime,...Aiyuk's gone, CMC still gone,..our 1st Rd pick is just now getting into game shape,...so his money's going to be earned when the cupboard isint quite as full as it's been his 1st couple of yrs.

Strongly disagree. Defenses can take him away even when most of those guys are on the field. What's going to happen now? He can't separate on routes. Everyone knows to look for him in the backfield. What's left?
He has almost as many Ints ( 7 ) as he does Tds ( 9 ) thus far.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by communist:
one more time: If Tua, Goff and Dak have been paid, there is no question if Purdy will be too...

I wouldn't argue that somebody will pay Purdy, or even that Purdy doesn't deserve to be paid.

Other teams making what I would consider to be bad decisions isn't exactly a compelling argument.

Is it wise for the 49ers to pay Purdy like an elite QB. I think that question isn't answered yet, and it's unreasonable to think it's settled right now either way.
ok, let's play the game:
We let him walk without any quality replacement. Our game degrades, we don't get some guys to sign contracts, other guys call it a career. Is this path that much better?

Originally posted by Sickaa:

Think about this: He threw 11 INTs all season last year!
Originally posted by Sickaa:
yeah, last year he had how many?
He folds in big games too much
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
He folds in big games too much
no, he does not.
Originally posted by BP13:

Lots of emotion around here cause today hurts. I wouldn't take any of the really bad takes too seriously, but yeah, there's a reason why the term 40 whiner exists.

Lol yeah pretty fierce. Just emotional posts with no control..just vomit lol..if Purdy comes out balling against the Cowpatties, ppl will say how we were lucky to find him again lol.
Share 49ersWebzone