LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 161 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'd have to watch the plays again, but was he able to step into these throws? We all know Brock doesn't have the strongest arm, so he does need his body to really get the extra distance on his deep shots. So I'm curious to know if he got his legs into these throws and still came up a bit short.

I know I remember him scrambling/moving inside the pocket right before the Kittle throw.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by Montana:
Lol this fan base sucks haha
Yikes

Yep, it's toxic right now. Fact is, Purdy has been really good this season, graded #1 before this game per PFF. Really bad game today. But he has stepped up in big games, he's won 4 playoff games, eagles in Philly last year was a big win, so was dallas week 5 last year.

Lots of emotion around here cause the today hurts. I wouldn't take any of the really bad takes too seriously, but yeah, there's a reason why the term 40 whiner exists.

It's exhausting and makes the losses much worse.

Do we really need a new HC and QB every single time we lose a game? Because both are hard to find yet this fanbase acts like both are ridiculously easy to replace…

This shouldn't be Pittsburg where you get a life long pass. I would like to see a HC and an OC. I think Kyle is spread too thin and it's reflected in the team performance maybe back number of years.

Would there be fan love if we kept Kyle and Jed made him get an OC. I'm on board with that. Kyle can stay.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:26 PM ]
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
He has almost as many Ints ( 7 ) as he does Tds ( 9 ) thus far.
yeah, last year he had how many?

The more film the league gets on him the worse he will get.

Cut our losses, find a serviceable QB somewhere. Get what we can for all the stars we have that will never win a ring here and move on with the rebuild.

This team is done, they will never win a SB.

Interceptions? 11 I believe
Hand up all you people who thought Brock Purdy was the second coming of Tom Brady and Joe Montana put together? Silly peeps. lol.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
He folds in big games too much

Umm…

He folded against the Ravens last year and in this one… but otherwise what big game has he folded in? I can think of more big games where he delivered in than not tbh.

It feels like he folds in "marquee" intra-conference regular season matchups like the Ravens last year or this game today. But in playoff games and very important regular season games he does just fine. Even the Super Bowl he was pretty good.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:27 PM ]
Brock Purdy will get 55 - 60 million per season in the offseason. That is happening regardless how this season goes from here. It's the going rate for franchise QBs these days. The only thing that stops that is if he gets a career changing injury.

My problem with Purdy is I see him trying to please the naysayers by playing outside the script to much. I don't like him trying to go for every homerun pass instead of taking the obvious easy play or dump off. Also he needs to get rid of the ball earlier and:or throw it away. He hunts to much for me. Young man really does not like being called a system QB or game manager. Personally that shouldn't matter in a team sport. He's not the biggest, strongest, or fastest QB in the league. Stop trying to play like one. Be who he suppose to be, nothing more, nothing less.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
He folds in big games too much

I'm with this too.
Originally posted by captveg:
Problem is that's not how the QB market works. It's basically Top 20-25 starters get market resetting deals while everyone else is on far cheaper deals. He's easily been Top 10 over 30-ish games. He's gonna get paid unless he's injured.

The little footnote you left out are all of the current or former All-Pros catching passes for him during that span.
CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, and Juice. Is that 5 current/former-All Pros @ the offensive skill positions? That's all 5 spots.

How many other teams have had such at "ANY" time...let alone those span of games before this season?

How will he do now with @ least a couple of those guys still down is when I think you should judge whether or not he gets a huge contract instead of when we've had unreal weapons. Agree or disagree?
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Brock Purdy will get 55 - 60 million per season in the offseason. That is happening regardless how this season goes from here. It's the going rate for franchise QBs these days. The only thing that stops that is if he gets a career changing injury.

My problem with Purdy is I see him trying to please the naysayers by playing outside the script to much. I don't like him trying to go for every homerun pass instead of taking the obvious easy play or dump off. Also he needs to get rid of the ball earlier and:or throw it away. He hunts to much for me. Young man really does not like being called a system QB or game manager. Personally that shouldn't matter in a team sport. He's not the biggest, strongest, or fastest QB in the league. Stop trying to play like one. Be who he suppose to be, nothing more, nothing less.

The thing is take franchise out. Too early to tell.

There should have been more designed runs set up and/or Purdy should have used his legs more to loosen up the D, instead of sitting in the pocket and tossing picks through forced passes insight windows. We rarely exploit his running ability and when we do it yields benefits like last week.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I don't hate Brock but they cannot be forced into a long term deal because no one else. The next off season gonna be like a TMZ special.

Alot of football left to be played. Deebo should be back next week. Dont kno what's up with Jennings' hip but he's going to earn his money, regardless of how much it is, these next few weeks.

Deebo is cooked. He's done. Why is that so hard for everyone to see?

Didn't say he's going to light the world on fire and you're kinda adding to my point. Kittle's still in his prime,...Aiyuk's gone, CMC still gone,..our 1st Rd pick is just now getting into game shape,...so his money's going to be earned when the cupboard isint quite as full as it's been his 1st couple of yrs.

Strongly disagree. Defenses can take him away even when most of those guys are on the field. What's going to happen now? He can't separate on routes. Everyone knows to look for him in the backfield. What's left?

I'm not gauging Deebo's worth. I'm talking about figuring out our QB's worth.
ok, let's play the game:
We let him walk without any quality replacement. Our game degrades, we don't get some guys to sign contracts, other guys call it a career. Is this path that much better?

Why would I answer to your assumptions? Yea, if the roster isn't good going forward, and we don't have a quality QB, we'll be in trouble.

Why it's assumed either would be the case is beyond me. I'd also point out that not having a chunk of the salary cap dedicated to a good, but not great, QB while the roster needs to be replenished might not be the best use of our money, or the skills of people running it.

Either way, I'll let it play out and see how Brock plays. We're 7 games in with at least 10 to go.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:

The more film the league gets on him the worse he will get.

Cut our losses, find a serviceable QB somewhere. Get what we can for all the stars we have that will never win a ring here and move on with the rebuild.

This team is done, they will never win a SB.
that one would be ok, if he sucked last year but he succeeded.
Originally posted by Montana:
Lol yeah pretty fierce. Just emotional posts with no control..just vomit lol..if Purdy comes out balling against the Cowpatties, ppl will say how we were lucky to find him again lol.

last pick in the draft,...we were lucky regardless what happens going forward.
Share 49ersWebzone