QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I don't hate Brock but they cannot be forced into a long term deal because no one else. The next off season gonna be like a TMZ special.

Alot of football left to be played. Deebo should be back next week. Dont kno what's up with Jennings' hip but he's going to earn his money, regardless of how much it is, these next few weeks.

Deebo is cooked. He's done. Why is that so hard for everyone to see?

Didn't say he's going to light the world on fire and you're kinda adding to my point. Kittle's still in his prime,...Aiyuk's gone, CMC still gone,..our 1st Rd pick is just now getting into game shape,...so his money's going to be earned when the cupboard isint quite as full as it's been his 1st couple of yrs.

Strongly disagree. Defenses can take him away even when most of those guys are on the field. What's going to happen now? He can't separate on routes. Everyone knows to look for him in the backfield. What's left?

I'm not gauging Deebo's worth. I'm talking about figuring out our QB's worth.

Ah, got it—now I understand what you're saying.
He better light up Cowgirls next week with only Cow, Pear, and I don't care if its 5 stringers out there, just ****ing win!!
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by communist:
ok, let's play the game:
We let him walk without any quality replacement. Our game degrades, we don't get some guys to sign contracts, other guys call it a career. Is this path that much better?

Why would I answer to your assumptions? Yea, if the roster isn't good going forward, and we don't have a quality QB, we'll be in trouble.

Why it's assumed either would be the case is beyond me. I'd also point out that not having a chunk of the salary cap dedicated to a good, but not great, QB while the roster needs to be replenished might not be the best use of our money, or the skills of people running it.

Either way, I'll let it play out and see how Brock plays. We're 7 games in with at least 10 to go.
to me, it is pretty simple: This is a QB driven league. Basics on top of that: protect your qb, rush the opposing qb.
If the Cowpokes beat us, we will be the laughingstock of the league
I'm beginning to think he is definitely replaceable. He was bad today.
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
I'm beginning to think he is definitely replaceable. He was bad today.

For the millionth time:

With who? Who is replacing him?
to me, it is pretty simple: This is a QB driven league. Basics on top of that: protect your qb, rush the opposing qb.

If you pay a non elite QB like an elite one, you are at an immediate disadvantage. Can it be overcome? Possibly. It really hasn't happened for any of the comps people like to use though.

Let's see how he plays going forward.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Brock Purdy will get 55 - 60 million per season in the offseason. That is happening regardless how this season goes from here. It's the going rate for franchise QBs these days. The only thing that stops that is if he gets a career changing injury.

My problem with Purdy is I see him trying to please the naysayers by playing outside the script to much. I don't like him trying to go for every homerun pass instead of taking the obvious easy play or dump off. Also he needs to get rid of the ball earlier and:or throw it away. He hunts to much for me. Young man really does not like being called a system QB or game manager. Personally that shouldn't matter in a team sport. He's not the biggest, strongest, or fastest QB in the league. Stop trying to play like one. Be who he suppose to be, nothing more, nothing less.
sorry to disagree with you:
Purdy is simply that type of player.
On top of that, our receivers are good but not great, see SB in man coverage. So either you gunsling it from time to time or you lose the game.
[ Edited by communist on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:35 PM ]

If you pay a non elite QB like an elite one, you are at an immediate disadvantage. Can it be overcome? Possibly. It really hasn't happened for any of the comps people like to use though.

Giving him 50 is better than having 50 tied up in Deebo and Yuck with 0 results.

qb driven league = qb driven market. Either you pay an above average qb elite money, think Goff, Tua, Dak or you got nothing for at least a year (you could end up like the Panthers...).

Originally posted by jreff22:

Giving him 50 is better than having 50 tied up in Deebo and Yuck with 0 results.

Too late those contracts have been signed with blood. Now we need a taker for one of them.

It's crazy to describe Deebo's play since he was paid as 'no results'. The man was a 1200 yard 12 TD player last year. Aiyuk just shredded his knee and was off to a rough start… and to be fair, I also argued against paying him like we did.
ok, let's play the game:
We let him walk without any quality replacement. Our game degrades, we don't get some guys to sign contracts, other guys call it a career. Is this path that much better?

Why would I answer to your assumptions? Yea, if the roster isn't good going forward, and we don't have a quality QB, we'll be in trouble.

Why it's assumed either would be the case is beyond me. I'd also point out that not having a chunk of the salary cap dedicated to a good, but not great, QB while the roster needs to be replenished might not be the best use of our money, or the skills of people running it.

Either way, I'll let it play out and see how Brock plays. We're 7 games in with at least 10 to go.

This goes against how we have been successful under Shanahan, which is pound the ball through the run, control the clock, open up the pass.

It's crazy to describe Deebo's play since he was paid as 'no results'. The man was a 1200 yard 12 TD player last year. Aiyuk just shredded his knee and was off to a rough start… and to be fair, I also argued against paying him like we did.
the man was invisible during the playoffs and the SB.
I like him as a player but he is not elite.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm trying not to overreact. Purdy played like absolute sh** today. That much was obvious. He cost us the game, easily.

I'm looking at the other top QBs and they all have had games like this though. Josh Allen had two awful games like this last year, both close losses where he had 3 and 4 turnovers in each.

Dak threw two pick sixes in the playoffs. He's thrown a massive amount of scoring position picks this year.

Purdy has been horribly inconsistent this year, that's the biggest issue. And the problems have been primarily individual.

A great QB would be doing whatever it takes to win, sometimes that means just eating it for a sack, taking the easy completion, or throwing it away.

Yeah, it is easy for people to be down on a guy when he has probably the worst the game of his career. He played terrible no question while simultaneously having his top 3 WRs out and going up against one of the best defenses in football. Not necessarily because of it but along side with it. This is the result of those things.

One thing I have noticed about this year vs last year is the completion %. We got to play design some completions. Screens, check-downs. underneath routes. whatever. If we have some three and outs so be it. But we got to start designing more completions underneath and not just trying to get 10-20 yard gains all game long. I feel like the accuracy was a little off to start this game but mostly it was just the poor decisions on the two Ints. I am not sure what the issue was on the Bell INT but it wasn't pretty. Going forward we need to take better care of the ball and get/take some easier throws. I think it will be fine. Everyone thought the same thing against the Ravens and we were in OT in the superbowl. Although as a team I don't believe we are as good right now as we were then.

Purdy is only in his third year. Purdy is capable of a lot better than this and has proven as much. He's just not playing smart football right now and we're going to lose a lot more games we should otherwise win unless he cleans that up.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 20, 2024 at 5:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone