LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 401 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by communist:
BA is fine.

we played against the Rams with nothing at WR and TE, yet we were in the game, Purdy was basically perfect (22/30, 6 drops).

The Rams defense isn't good. There's little doubt Purdy can thrive in this environment against bad defenses consistently.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Yesh well if we pay 60M for Purdy we will have what we saw today with the type of talent we saw today.

Then dont pay Purdy then
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Purdy played like hot garbage today aside from a few throws.

yeah he got punished on that play early, safety off, but no one to hold that safety and he didn't buy the run action. BP throws those lollipops so he has to just anticipate the window is there but the safety was on it. once he got burnt early he was kinda holding the ball after that
Hmmm. I must have been watching a different game than everyone else. Not Brock's best performance but he's hardly the person that "lost them the game" as someone suggested above. The first pick was a wash, the second one looked like he was expecting Bell to do something other than what he did, you could see him talking about it as he went to the sideline.

It seems that whenever we play the Chiefs there is a lot of talk from the players about needing to play "complimentary football" in all three phases. Can't say that was much on display today. Special teams sucked again, the defense had some issues getting off the field and let the Chiefs extend some drives. And though you never want to use it as an excuse, the injuries are really starting to take a toll on the offense. If CMC is available from the start of the season, we're probably looking at a completely different set of circumstances. Then Mason gets hurt, Deebo is in an out, Jennings is out, and now Aiyuk, who didn't really seem like he was in sync the first few games after having sat out of training camp.

If any of those circumstances change, especially CMC being out, we probably beat the Rams and the Cardinals and would have probably changed the dynamic of this game and the one against the Vikings. There is also the fact that Kansas City happens to be a really good team. So, hats off to them. However, the current reality is that our defense isn't what it was. We still haven't really found an edge rusher to compliment Bosa or a really reliable run stopper in the middle, who can also help disrupt the passing game a bit. Don't have anyone yet who seems like they can replace Greenlaw and have been playing musical chairs a bit with our safeties. Not to mention the jury is still out on Sorenson.

I think the goal this year is to still concentrate on winning the division, though they're not making it easy on themselves. Hopefully, CMC and Jennings come back healthy after the bye and Pearsall is able to step it up and pick up some of the stats they're probably going to lose with Aiyuk out. Rookies and 2nd year guys are really going to have to start earning their keep. Go Niners!
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
I'm beginning to think he is definitely replaceable. He was bad today.

For the millionth time:

With who? Who is replacing him?

Darnold
Draft a QB
This goes against how we have been successful under Shanahan, which is pound the ball through the run, control the clock, open up the pass.
We needed an all pro team and luck to be successful.

Bosa, Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk have been playing on rookie contracts a lot of the time. AA, Warner, Greenlaw, Tarrt+Ward (their last season at least). That's a lot of talent and that's what you need if you want to be successful in this league without a very good qb.

Yesh well if we pay 60M for Purdy we will have what we saw today with the type of talent we saw today.

And lynch and company clearly haven't done a good job of putting cheap young talent around him the past few years. See Detroit for that.
Detroit was drafting high a lot.
If you think that Kittle, JJ, BA, Deebo + Trent and CMC are not good, then we should stop the conversation

I said the last couple years around Purdy, not 8 years ago. We've torched every first round low pick we've had anyway (see Lance).
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
You're wrong about this as well. You aren't guaranteed to end up with a dysfunctional player at the QB position simply because you pass on paying top dollar to an above average one. It's simply a possibility, and I think an unlikely one given our coach tends to make QBs look much better than they are.

Look at the Vikings as an easy example. They have their best team in the last 5-6 years and that was after their above average but incredibly expensive starter walked to a different team. Seahawks two years ago would also fit.
Yes, it exactly is. Wilson with the Broncos, Fields with the Steelers, Carr with the Saints, Minshew or JG with the Raiders and so on. Guys like Mayfield or Cousins are an exception to the rule.

Even a Fitzpatrick looked good from time to time. Darnold was trash in his career so far.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'm beginning to think he is definitely replaceable. He was bad today.

For the millionth time:

With who? Who is replacing him?

Darnold
Draft a QB

How many QB's does Kyle get to hand pick and then replace because they aren't good?
I said the last couple years around Purdy, not 8 years ago. We've torched every first round low pick we've had anyway (see Lance).
you are right about the first round, yet, all those names are for real.
But go ahead, some me 2-3 teams who were drafting that perfect last two seasons.
I don't understand your Rams comment, but one elite WR would be great and then supplemental beyond. We don't have an elite WR. We overpaid for Aiyuk and deebo is washed.
BA is fine.

we played against the Rams with nothing at WR and TE, yet we were in the game, Purdy was basically perfect (22/30, 6 drops).

Totally different caliber of team than we faced today.

I think there is close to zero chance Niners don't pay Purdy. The only way I see it happening is if he gets injured.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

Then dont pay Purdy then

they'll pay him. NY paid D Jones. everyone gets paid. the contracts aren't fully gtd.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Brock is a shadow of the player he was even in his rookie season.

The game has broken him.

Absurd statement.
Yes, it exactly is. Wilson with the Broncos, Fields with the Steelers, Carr with the Saints, Minshew or JG with the Raiders and so on. Guys like Mayfield or Cousins are an exception to the rule.

Even a Fitzpatrick looked good from time to time. Darnold was trash in his career so far.

These are all examples of overpaying QBs, lol. What are we talking about here?
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
BA is fine.

The Rams defense isn't good. There's little doubt Purdy can thrive in this environment against bad defenses consistently.
you can't thrive easily if you are playing with trash and no help by your line either
Share 49ersWebzone